cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK1 & DK2 preorderers.. any additional rewards for non kicks

captaintrips
Explorer
Just curious if there will be any discount or reward for folks who preordered both the DK1 and DK2 (preordered the dk1 through oculus in early November 2012 and preordered the DK2 on launch day).

Wishful thinking? or perhaps a possibilty? Not expecting anything for free, but a discount/rebate program would be nice for the rest of us early adopters 🙂
30 REPLIES 30

soxfan335
Protege
hear hear
hush little babeh dont say a word and nevermind that noise u herrd :shock:

Vuce
Honored Guest
Thank you for creating this thread, fanboys won't like it but it had to be posted. I absolutely agree, and will reiterate your comment on " I'm not looking for anything free " but a discount for early adopters would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased my DK1 around the same time as you. Some of us want to support and help projects, but not all of us have a limitless disposable income or have daddy's credit card buying us stuff, so we have to save, which takes time. Thus some of us didn't get a chance to make the kickstarter but still felt the need to pledge.

We can only but ask captaintrips and hope for the best. But chances are we will be ostracised and mocked for wanting a little recognition.

EisernSchild
Explorer
You may call me a "fanboy" but i really understand them to only give this to backers since they promised in their KS-campaign.

I also did order my DK1 one month after the KS-campaign to a very fair price. They did not promise anything to me so i do not expect anything now. I missed the KS-campaign -> my fault.

captaintrips
Explorer
"Vuce" wrote:
Thank you for creating this thread, fanboys won't like it but it had to be posted. I absolutely agree, and will reiterate your comment on " I'm not looking for anything free " but a discount for early adopters would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased my DK1 around the same time as you. Some of us want to support and help projects, but not all of us have a limitless disposable income or have daddy's credit card buying us stuff, so we have to save, which takes time. Thus some of us didn't get a chance to make the kickstarter but still felt the need to pledge.

We can only but ask captaintrips and hope for the best. But chances are we will be ostracised and mocked for wanting a little recognition.

Why should we be ostracised? All the preorder excitement. All the support. I've done endless youtube videos with my rift. Patticipated in the "show a rift in your city" and had, i dunno,, 50 or 60 random people just as excited to take a glimpse at the future show up at my door,played about every game and demo I could find, kickstarted every accessory (virtuix, controlvr, leap, priorvr, etc... none of which has even arrived yet). We've been nothing but extremely eager and overjoyed to show our support despite everyone saying "VR will never comeback". And now here it is.

Seems like forever ago I was looking around Tuscany in my dk1, bouncing a basketball. It was such a surreal feeling... I knew, despite the nay say and early dev kit limitations... it was the future of everything.

Heh, I still remember the unofficial public spreadsheet where all of us would enter our shipping numbers to try to calculate dates and orders, anxiously awaiting on our shipmemts, and rooting for anyone ahead of us who got them.

Been through it all just like all the others... twice.

Like I said, not asking for free. And any thing that Oculus can do to help us out, whether it's a deposit preorder or rebate for our prior lotalty, wold be greatly appreciated.

trgTyson
Honored Guest
Doh! Did a small contribution during the kickstarter and purchased during the pre-order phase (DK1 and DK2)...I knew I should have ordered during the kickstarter!

A small discount of somekind would be awesome, but not going to hold my breath and not getting one won't deter me..going to wear out my F5 tomorrow morning 🙂

Good on Oculus for rewarding the kickstarter DK1 backers and the Oculus team for being active on forums/reddit! 🙂

Vuce
Honored Guest
"captaintrips" wrote:
"Vuce" wrote:

Why should we be ostracised? All the preorder excitement. All the support. I've done endless youtube videos with my rift. Patticipated in the "show a rift in your city" and had, i dunno,, 50 or 60 random people just as excited to take a glimpse at the future show up at my door,played about every game and demo I could find, kickstarted every accessory (virtuix, controlvr, leap, priorvr, etc... none of which has even arrived yet). We've been nothing but extremely eager and overjoyed to show our support despite everyone saying "VR will never comeback". And now here it is.

Heh, I still remember the unofficial public spreadsheet where all of us would enter our shipping numbers to try to calculate dates and orders, anxiously awaiting on our shipmemts, and rooting for anyone ahead of us who got them.

Been through it all just like all the others... twice.

Like I said, not asking for free. And any thing that Oculus can do to help us out, whether it's a deposit preorder or rebate for our prior lotalty, wold be greatly appreciated.

Exactly, why should we be ostracised just for asking for a little recognition as the kickstarters have got. But it seems there are a few on these forums that want to jump down your throat at just the mention of asking for a small discount.

Why do we have to be lynched just for a simple request? I made that simple suggestion in another thread and they are on me like sharks in a feeding tank.

captaintrips
Explorer
"EisernSchild" wrote:
You may call me a "fanboy" but i really understand them to only give this to backers since they promised in their KS-campaign.

I also did order my DK1 one month after the KS-campaign to a very fair price. They did not promise anything to me so i do not expect anything now. I missed the KS-campaign -> my fault.

You sir are correct. They owe us preorders outside the kickstarter nothing. Zilch. Zero.

But it sure be nice to see a loyalty rebate for those of us who did.

Won't change my opinion of oculus if they don't. But again, it'd be sweet if they did 🙂

Zimtower
Expert Protege
The amount of kickstarter envy on this forum is infuriating.

Vuce
Honored Guest
"captaintrips" wrote:
"EisernSchild" wrote:

You sir are correct. They owe us preorders outside the kickstarter nothing. Zilch. Zero.

But it sure be nice to see a loyalty rebate for those of us who did.

Won't change my opinion of oculus if they don't. But again, it'd be sweet if they did 🙂

Couldn't of put it better myself.