cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK1 & DK2 preorderers.. any additional rewards for non kicks

captaintrips
Explorer
Just curious if there will be any discount or reward for folks who preordered both the DK1 and DK2 (preordered the dk1 through oculus in early November 2012 and preordered the DK2 on launch day).

Wishful thinking? or perhaps a possibilty? Not expecting anything for free, but a discount/rebate program would be nice for the rest of us early adopters 🙂
30 REPLIES 30

snappahead
Expert Protege
"Vuce" wrote:

Exactly, why should we be ostracised just for asking for a little recognition as the kickstarters have got. But it seems there are a few on these forums that want to jump down your throat at just the mention of asking for a small discount.

Why do we have to be lynched just for a simple request? I made that simple suggestion in another thread and they are on me like sharks in a feeding tank.

We differ greatly on the definition of "ostracized". We have a similar difference on "lynched" as well. Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I'm doing either of those things. You thing you deserve something for nothing and I disagree. Apparently that makes me a fanboy out to lynch you. Bit dramatic don't you think? You bought a product and got said product. That's the end of it. You didn't financially back Oculus, you didn't support Oculus, you didn't make anything happen for Oculus. You bought a product from them that they made no money on. That supposedly now means they should further reward you. I disagree and as I said, I bought the dk1 early, bought a dk2 on day one and have a Gear VR, but I don't think that entitles me to anything. I gave Oculus money and thy gave me a product. That's how it works.

You're free to complain all you want, but you must know that if you express yourself on a public forum that a response is often imminent. It doesn't mean that you're being persecuted...it just means that you're on a public forum where people talk to each other.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

Lemming1970
Rising Star
Funny how it was 24 hr Privileges on pre-orders, Now they have been very generous and given the very early adopters a free CV1, Now everyone wants a discount.

BTW I'm not affected either way. Don't currently own an Oculus rift, So don't benefit from any discounts given or not.

But I will be sat by my P.C. at 4pm GMT.

Fingers crossed.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

Vuce
Honored Guest
"Snappahead" wrote:
"Vuce" wrote:

Exactly, why should we be ostracised just for asking for a little recognition as the kickstarters have got. But it seems there are a few on these forums that want to jump down your throat at just the mention of asking for a small discount.

Why do we have to be lynched just for a simple request? I made that simple suggestion in another thread and they are on me like sharks in a feeding tank.

We differ greatly on the definition of "ostracized". We have a similar difference on "lynched" as well. Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I'm doing either of those things. You thing you deserve something for nothing and I disagree. Apparently that makes me a fanboy out to lynch you. Bit dramatic don't you think? You bought a product and got said product. That's the end of it. You didn't financially back Oculus, you didn't support Oculus, you didn't make anything happen for Oculus. You bought a product from them that they made no money on. That supposedly now means they should further reward you. I disagree and as I said, I bought the dk1 early, bought a dk2 on day one and have a Gear VR, but I don't think that entitles me to anything. I gave Oculus money and thy gave me a product. That's how it works.

You're free to complain all you want, but you must know that if you express yourself on a public forum that a response is often imminent. It doesn't mean that you're being persecuted...it just means that you're on a public forum where people talk to each other.

I'm sorry, where have I stated I want something for nothing? Even in this thread I quote the OP about not wanting something for free. I'm suggesting perhaps a discount for supporting the project by purchasing a Dev kit like the kickstarters have. I don't want to hear your details of the kickstarters were pledging on an idea blah blah. When I purchased a rift kit, they weren't making a loss from that purchase, they gained advertisement for the rift from videos which would of cost them money, the community as a whole did the selling for them, a lot of the dev work was done through the community. Simply purchasing the dev kit even without using it to develop on still put money in their hands to further their own development, if you honestly think they were making a loss on each unit sold you have your head in the clouds. You are really missing the point.

Is it really such a bad thing to ask for a discount for purchasing a dev kit? It wouldn't of been a problem if the kickstarters didn't get one, but I feel that my contribution is worthy of some sort of discount and recognition as much as the kickstarters. You don't, so you feel that your contribution is worthless, that's your thing.

captaintrips
Explorer
The point of this thread was to merely ask a question, and not to start an argument on who is/isn't entitled to anything.

I wasn't saying "gimme a discount because I preordered your kits, too!" but I'm simply inquiring if there is any such rebate and politely suggesting, if not, that it would be kind gesture. No hard feelings if "No" is the answer. I'd merely say "Well, gotta pay full price then." and then move on with my life. Never hurts to ask though.

if theres further argument beyond this, then I kindly ask the mods to lock this thread.

Vuce
Honored Guest
"captaintrips" wrote:
The point of this thread was to merely ask a question, and not to start an argument on who is/isn't entitled to anything.

I wasn't saying "gimme a discount because I preordered your kits, too!" but I'm simply inquiring if there is any such rebate and politely suggesting, if not, that it would be kind gesture. No hard feelings if "No" is the answer.

if theres further argument beyond this, then I kindly ask the mods to lock this thread.

Exactly, a simple suggestion, but we get jumped on just for uttering such a thing. :roll:

snappahead
Expert Protege
Isn't a discount "something" though?

I can't say if it's bad or not, but it smells of self-entitlement and I'm not a big fan. I'm running out of things to add unfortunately.

snappahead
Expert Protege
"captaintrips" wrote:

I wasn't saying "gimme a discount because I preordered your kits, too!" but I'm simply inquiring if there is any such rebate and politely suggesting, if not, that it would be kind gesture. No hard feelings if "No" is the answer. I'd merely say "Well, gotta pay full price then." and then move on with my life. Never hurts to ask though.

The fact that the question is being asked suggests that it's believed to be deserved and that's what I take issue with. If they were going to offer some kind of deal for others, I'm sure they would have said so.

Vuce
Honored Guest
"Snappahead" wrote:

Does it matter? We are merely asking if it's possible and making a suggestion for it because we think it would be nice for us and the rest of the DK1 adopters to have. It's not self entitlement, it's merely suggestion a possibility of it. If it happens, that would be really awesome and for those who are currently saying it's "bad" will probably be also thrilled with the thought of a discount whether they think it's bad or not. If they don't take on the suggestion then that's not a problem either, chances are we will all buy a headset anyway.

snappahead
Expert Protege
"Vuce" wrote:
"Snappahead" wrote:

Does it matter? We are merely asking if it's possible and making a suggestion for it because we think it would be nice for us and the rest of the DK1 adopters to have. It's not self entitlement, it's merely suggestion a possibility of it. If it happens, that would be really awesome and for those who are currently saying it's "bad" will probably be also thrilled with the thought of a discount whether they think it's bad or not. If they don't take on the suggestion then that's not a problem either, chances are we will all buy a headset anyway.

I feel like we're going in circles a bit. If the discount was offered, I would of course accept it, but there's a difference between accepting a discount and behaving entitled to one. You may not think you're behaving that way, but that's the way it appears to me.

obzen
Expert Protege
People bought DK1 and DK2 as products. Oculus owes nothing.

Whatever you did to support VR is on you.

It'd be nice sure, but I'm not expecting hand outs.

Maybe a T-Shirt. With the old Logo. That'd be nice.
DK1 FREAK...