cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK1 & DK2 preorderers.. any additional rewards for non kicks

captaintrips
Explorer
Just curious if there will be any discount or reward for folks who preordered both the DK1 and DK2 (preordered the dk1 through oculus in early November 2012 and preordered the DK2 on launch day).

Wishful thinking? or perhaps a possibilty? Not expecting anything for free, but a discount/rebate program would be nice for the rest of us early adopters 🙂
30 REPLIES 30

Vuce
Honored Guest
"Snappahead" wrote:
"Vuce" wrote:
"Snappahead" wrote:
Isn't a discount "something" though?

Does it matter? We are merely asking if it's possible and making a suggestion for it because we think it would be nice for us and the rest of the DK1 adopters to have. It's not self entitlement, it's merely suggestion a possibility of it. If it happens, that would be really awesome and for those who are currently saying it's "bad" will probably be also thrilled with the thought of a discount whether they think it's bad or not. If they don't take on the suggestion then that's not a problem either, chances are we will all buy a headset anyway.

I feel like we're going in circles a bit. If the discount was offered, I would of course accept it, but there's a difference between accepting a discount and behaving entitled to one. You may not think you're behaving that way, but that's the way it appears to me.

Behaving entitled to a discount would be to DEMAND one. Nobody is DEMANDING ANYTHING. Yes I would agree with you, if someone demands a discount or a free Rift then yes you're right they are self entitled assheads. But this is not the case, we are suggesting, hey you gave those guys a discount for helping you out, any chance we could as well? I mean it would be really nice.

You cannot tell me if Palmer announced tomorrow that all people who purchased the DK1 and 2 will get a 5% discount as a way of saying thank you wouldn't be pleased and very impressed? I know I would.

I think what we are saying is, we would like a little taste of that appreciation, yeah we aren't entitled to it, but we would appreciate it, just as Palmer appreciated the kickstarters donating. It's nice to be appreciated, a little gesture would go a long way, that's all we are suggesting. Nothing more, nothing less.

snappahead
Expert Protege
There's that word again.."appreciation". What would Oculus be appreciating us for? Buying a kit that they sold at cost? We didn't help them, so why should they give us anything?
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

Vuce
Honored Guest
"Snappahead" wrote:
There's that word again.."appreciation". What would Oculus be appreciating us for? Buying a kit that they sold at cost? We didn't help them, so why should they give us anything?

I think you just like arguing. I'll take the higher ground and move on, it's like talking to a wall.

Anyway moving on, hopefully they will listen to your suggestion captaintrips, we can only but keep our fingers crossed.

snappahead
Expert Protege
"Vuce" wrote:
"Snappahead" wrote:

I think you just like arguing. I'll take the higher ground and move on, it's like talking to a wall.

Anyway moving on, hopefully they will listen to your suggestion captaintrips, we can only but keep our fingers crossed.

LOL...I do indeed. Especially when I'm right;) I'll cross my fingers for you too.

cybereality
Grand Champion
You guys are free to discuss the matter, but please remain respectful and calm.

This thread is getting aggressive, and I don't like where it's going. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

snappahead
Expert Protege
"cybereality" wrote:
You guys are free to discuss the matter, but please remain respectful and calm.

This thread is getting aggressive, and I don't like where it's going.

I hear you. I think we're behaving pretty well TBH. It's all in good fun.

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
"cybereality" wrote:
You guys are free to discuss the matter, but please remain respectful and clam.

Could I suggest a BIG sticky thread about this topic instead of 5 or 6 or whatever?
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

Vuce
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:

Exactly why I took the higher ground and moved on, as stated in another thread by elmuerko, there seems to be some aggressive asshats around here.

Vuce
Honored Guest
"RorschachPhoenix" wrote:
"cybereality" wrote:

Could I suggest a BIG sticky thread about this topic instead of 5 or 6 or whatever?

Might be a good idea, I can see this becoming a more wider issue as word gets about in regards to kickstarter free rifts lol
The forum will become dotted with more and more of the same topic.

snappahead
Expert Protege
"Vuce" wrote:
"cybereality" wrote:

Exactly why I took the higher ground and moved on, as stated in another thread by elmuerko, there seems to be some aggressive asshats around here.

LOL, I love me some irony. Good game, Vuce.