cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[0.7] Windows 10 - No Tracker Attached

TheodoreLogan
Honored Guest
Update: I have now resolved this issue. Steps are in the second post.

Hello,

I've been struggling all day attempting to get the Oculous positional tracker to work on windows 10.
I have installed 0.7 after completely uninstalling the previous version (0.6) and after I have installed the AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver (version 15.20.1062.1005 with Oculus support). However, the 0.7 runtime installer doesn't seem to successfully install all the drivers.

When I install 0.7 (as admin) it completes successfully (or appears to) but then I've needed to manually install the display driver from: C:\Users\Theo\AppData\Local\Temp\Oculus Inc\OculusDisplayDriver_Win8.1_x64.msi in order for the HMD to actually be detected and display anything. After this I can load games/applications as usual, but I have no positional tracking.
https://i.imgur.com/1pmq3HA.png

I checked the device manager and I can see that I have a "Rift DK2 Sensor USB" (at version 1.1.0.0) and a Camera DK2 (with default microsoft drivers). I'm assuming my issue is that Camera DK2 should actually be: "Oculus DK2 Tracker" and not some generic windows driver?
https://i.imgur.com/A9NpgOQ.png (device manager)
https://i.imgur.com/R8g1uth.png (rift dk2 sensor usb properties)
https://i.imgur.com/e1ANPbq.png (camera dk2 properties)

I attempted to install the "Oculus DK2 Tracker" driver in the same way as the display driver by manually running the OculusPTDriver_Win8.1_x64.msi. Unfortunately this seems to fail silently; or cause a BSOD with the error "system_thread_exception_not_handled".

Next, I extracted the OCUSBVID.sys OCUSBVID.cat and OCUSBVID.inf files from all the msi files and attempted to manually install the drivers via device manager; they all fail:
https://i.imgur.com/qO3l01v.png

Lastly I've tried installing the OCUSBVID.inf to the system via powershell, but it results in the same BSOD as before.

Here's my log from the Oculus configuration utility:
{
"Time": "2015-08-29_03:12:18",
"SDK Version": "0.7.0.0",
"Service Protocol": {
"Major": 1,
"Minor": 7,
"Patch": 0
},
"RemoteProtocolVersion": {
"Major": 1,
"Minor": 7,
"Patch": 0
},
"Service Running Time": {
"Hours": 0,
"Minutes": 9,
"Seconds": 50
},
"System Specifications": {
"Operating System": "Microsoft Windows 10 Pro",
"Processor": "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz",
"Graphics Adapters": [{
"Name": "AMD Radeon R9 200 Series",
"Video Controller RAM (MB)": 4095,
"Driver Version": "15.200.1062.1005",
"Video Mode": "1920 x 1080 x 4294967296 colors"
}],
"Total RAM (GB)": 12,
"USB Tree": [{
"name": "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series USB EHCI #1 - 8C26",
"deviceid": "PCI\\VEN_8086&DEV_8C26&SUBSYS_78211462&REV_05\\3&11583659&0&E8",
"caption": "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series USB EHCI #1 - 8C26",
"manufacturer": "Intel",
"Devices": [{
"manufacturer": "(Standard USB Host Controller)",
"name": "USB Root Hub"
}, {
"manufacturer": "(Generic USB Hub)",
"name": "Generic USB Hub"
}]
}, {
"name": "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series USB EHCI #2 - 8C2D",
"deviceid": "PCI\\VEN_8086&DEV_8C2D&SUBSYS_78211462&REV_05\\3&11583659&0&D0",
"caption": "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series USB EHCI #2 - 8C2D",
"manufacturer": "Intel",
"name": "USB Root Hub"
}, {
"manufacturer": "(Generic USB Hub)",
}]
}, {
"name": "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)",
"deviceid": "PCI\\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31&SUBSYS_78211462&REV_05\\3&11583659&0&A0",
"caption": "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)",
"manufacturer": "Generic USB xHCI Host Controller",
"manufacturer": "(Standard USB HUBs)",
"name": "USB Root Hub (xHCI)"
}, {
}, {
"name": "USB Composite Device"
}, {
"manufacturer": "(Standard system devices)",
"name": "USB Input Device"
}, {
"manufacturer": "Microsoft",
"name": "HID-compliant mouse"
}, {
"name": "HID-compliant consumer control device"
}, {
"name": "HID-compliant device"
}, {
}, {
}, {
"manufacturer": "(Standard keyboards)",
"name": "HID Keyboard Device"
}, {
}, {
}, {
"manufacturer": "(Standard keyboards)",
"name": "HID Keyboard Device"
}, {
}, {
"name": "HID-compliant system controller"
}, {
"name": "HID-compliant consumer control device"
}, {
}, {
"manufacturer": "Oculus",
"name": "Rift DK2 Sensor USB"
}, {
}, {
"name": "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows"
}, {
}, {
"name": "Camera DK2"
}]
}]
},
"Drivers": [{
"Path": "\\system32\\OVRDisplay64.dll",
"Version": "1.2.7.0"
}, {
"Path": "\\system32\\OVRDisplayRT64.dll",
}, {
"Path": "\\syswow64\\OVRDisplay32.dll",
}, {
"Path": "\\syswow64\\OVRDisplayRT32.dll",
}, {
"Path": "\\system32\\drivers\\RiftEnabler.sys",
}, {
"Path": "\\system32\\OVRDisplay32.dll",
"Version": "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\OVRDisplay32.dll not found"
}, {
"Path": "\\system32\\OVRDisplayRT32.dll",
"Version": "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\OVRDisplayRT32.dll not found"
}, {
"Path": "\\system32\\drivers\\OCUSBVID.sys",
"Version": "1.0.11.0"
}],
"Video Device Tree": [{
"Name": "AMD Radeon R9 200 Series",
"VRAM (MB)": 4075,
"Monitors": [{
"Name": "\\\\.\\DISPLAY1",
"Width": 1920,
"Height": 1080,
"Refresh Rate": 60
}, {
"Name": "\\\\.\\DISPLAY2",
}, {
"Name": "\\\\.\\DISPLAY3",
}]
}, {
"Name": "Microsoft Basic Render Driver",
"VRAM (MB)": 0,
"Monitors": []
}],
"Product ID": 33,
"Product Name": "Oculus Rift DK2",
"Manufacturer": "Oculus VR",
"Serial Number": "207X0Z08VJGR",
"Vendor ID": 10291,
"EDID Serial": "H1DE4AR6N1E23",
"Firmware": {
"Major": 2,
"Minor": 12
},
"Frustum": {
"Far Z Metres": 2.500000,
"H Fov Radians": 1.291544,
"Near Z Metres": 0.400000,
"V Fov Radians": 0.942478
}
}]
}

I appear to be missing "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\OVRDisplay32.dll not found" which causes some applications to fail ; but that seems like a separate issue?

I'd really appreciate any input here. I'm out of things to try 🙂
Theo.

Update: I wasn't able to use [img] tags so I put everything is in this album: https://imgur.com/a/d0veZ
24 REPLIES 24

DeathZone
Honored Guest
"Gamers_And_Mead" wrote:
ok. so I am still having this error after trying to follow all the previous steps to the T. it also does not help that I do not know much about fixing stuff like this, mainly because something like this rarely happens to me, but in a simple way, I got this, downloaded all necessary things, plugged everything in, and now it keeps saying no display connected, then fixes itself, then no tracker connected... did I do something wrong by following the instruction manual? :lol:

follow these steps its should get rid of that error.viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27207

axelat
Honored Guest
Had exactly the same problem. (Updated from 0.7 to 0.8 on Windows 10)

In my case I only had to reinstall the Tracker Driver manually:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Temp\Oculus Inc\OculusPTDriver_Win8.1_x64.msi

to get everything working.

eVRydayVR
Explorer
"TheodoreLogan" wrote:
All fixed! [...] Steps: [...]

These steps gave me a starting point but were not completely effective. The registry changes failed and placed my graphics driver into an invalid state. In order to undo this damage, I found it was effective to reinstall an older version of the Oculus Runtime (0.6.0.1), reboot, then uninstall it and reboot again. This apparently cleaned up leftover entries from a previous aborted uninstall of 0.6 and restored the graphics driver to functioning order.

I also was not able to run the manual installer for the tracker driver - it hung indefinitely with the message "Please wait while Windows configures Oculus Rift Sensor Driver." So far the issue remains unresolved for me. It worked fine for me this morning, so it appears I've gotten the system into an invalid state.

EDIT: Ultimately I resolved this by unplugging my external Storage Spaces array (which was connected via eSATA) and then re-ran the manual positional tracker installer. This time it was able to proceed. It seems like that disk was saturated with disk traffic which was somehow preventing the installer from completing. I was then able to re-attach the storage array immediately after installing with no trouble.
-D YouTube · Reddit · Twitter · Facebook · Google+ · eVRydayVR@gmail.com · Skype: eVRydayVR

davidtriune
Honored Guest
want to confirm that those steps worked when my oculus stopped detecting the tracker after updating windows 10 to the nov 10 update. (didnt need to do 12 though. actually, all i did was uninstall oculus, ran registry cleaner from ccleaner (piriform.com/ccleaner) to remove traces of oculus, remove the dll and sys files, rebooted, and reinstalled)

bl4cklight
Honored Guest
Same here, a tad simpler than above:

- After the w10 update, got the "no tracker attached" issue
- In "add/remove program"s, removed the tracker software only
- Installed OculusPTDriver_Win8.1_x64.msi

bingo.

Feroc
Protege
I give up for today, tried to reinstall it today. Removed everything that had anything to do with Oculus, unplugged everything and installed everything from scratch before attaching the Rift. Tried to remove the tracker software and manually reinstalling it. Still the same error: "No Tracker Attached".

Windows always tells me, that the last connected usb device (the tracker) couldn't be installed and it shows up as "Unknown USB-Device (Error receiving configuration description)" (translated from German system, might have a different wording on an English system)

DK2
Windows 10
Oculus Runtime 0.8
GeForce GTX 970

I've attached the log files, maybe cybereality has an idea.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you try switching USB ports or using a powered USB 2.0 hub?

You can also try reinstalling just the tracking driver.

Go to this folder:

C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Oculus Inc

and run this:

OculusPTDriver_Win8.1_x64.msi (of the version for your Windows OS and architecture).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Feroc
Protege
I've unplugged every USB-device that I don't need and used several USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports on the back and front, always the same result. I don't have a powered USB hub, so I cannot try that.

I've also manually removed the tracker from "add and remove software" and reinstalled it with OculusPTDriver_Win8.1_x64.msi (as there is no Windows10 installer), after that it appears again in the software list like before, but it still wouldn't work.

edit:
Got it working, I've plugged it in the USB slot that my keyboard provides... than it worked. :roll:

Cgpnz
Honored Guest
I got this no tracker attached, too. Also another symptom, the usb power connector light and tracker camera light flashes rather than a steady light?

Changes were I got another gtx 970 for sli, after the August nvidia game works VR sli driver and subsequent updates for bug fixes etc. the few that work seem smooth. But a number of demos just wouldn't load.

I'll uninstall current oculus sick and install 0.7 etc.

Is this due to the Sdk and nvidia drivers putting in different registry stuff, so you need to coordinate the two, you need to have registry entries pointing to the current nvidia driver, and windows auto updates require an uninstall/install, or just go back to the known working driver.

Cgpnz
Honored Guest
Happy new year to all. I've been off this forum for a while now, but the recent VR sli driver update, after several driver bug fixes has initiated me to get back into it. I will be looking at the Sdk in detail as I'm hoping to convert a iPhone graphics Sdk with its scene entities and my perl Sdk interface to it.

So I have invested in VR sli gtx970, and am wondering about the new cv1 specs. As the resolution is only 25 % more, is there an improvement in the display response time? Or is the improvement in VR sli (assuming they have it working) enough that a dk2 will show roughly the same presence?