Please, include Portugal in the pre order list! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Please, include Portugal in the pre order list!

pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
Nexus 6
edited January 2016 in General
Plese! Por favor!

They forgot Portugal!
All European countries are on the list, except Portugal!

Portugal is bordered by Spain. Worldwide think Portugal is a Spanish province, but it is not true. Portugal is an independent country and is next to Spain!

United States
United Kingdom
Australia
Belgium
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Spain
Sweden
Taiwan
«1

Comments

  • MalicTolsenMalicTolsen Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    They have no control over that, it is due to taxation on post due to laws the government has.
  • pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
    Nexus 6
    They have no control over that, it is due to taxation on post due to laws the government has.


    I do not understand it because I could buy DK2!
  • pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
    Nexus 6
    They forgot Portugal!
    All European countries are on the list, except Portugal!

    Portugal is bordered by Spain. Worldwide think Portugal is a Spanish province, but it is not true. Portugal is an independent country and is next to Spain!

    espanha-mapa.png?w=763&h=557
    Mapa_Portugal.gif

  • witboy83witboy83 Posts: 181
    Hiro Protagonist
    There is no Austria and Croatia on the list, so no, not whole EU :roll:
    0L74uCv.jpg
  • pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
    Nexus 6
    We live in a too bureaucratic and selfish world!

    Down with bureaucracy
    and selfishness!

    Abaixo, o reino da burocracia e do egoísmo!

    Who lives in a European country excluded can use https://www.forward2me.com/
  • pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
    Nexus 6
    edited January 2016
    The list of Oculus
    Oculus is just another bureaucratic International company equal to the others who do not care about us!
  • BTWBTW Posts: 70
    I think you should not worry, this is only the pre-order list.
    The official launch will probably incl. Portugal.
    Palmer said that they were building up stock REALLY fast... so the stock will come to you soon.
    Maybe a week or so later than the pre-orders.
    I5-4590 - 16 gig Corsair Vengeance - R9 390 4gb - 500gb 850 EVO - Consumer VR enthusiast
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,112
    Wintermute
    Yeah, this is probably intentional as they don't like Portugal, pffiiuuu. /IRONIC MODE OFF

    If they can include Portugal they will do it ASAP. Something prevent them to include it for now, it will be probably sorted very quickly, probably before the first CV1 leave stock, so you can be quiet. Be sure they want to sell it Worldwide and are fighting for this. Blame taxation, government laws etc but don't blame the seller ;)

    If you want it, you'll have it on your desk, and probably at the same time than other countries, be sure of that! :)

    “Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

    "Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

    I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

  • pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
    Nexus 6
    BTW wrote:
    I think you should not worry, this is only the pre-order list.
    The official launch will probably incl. Portugal.
    Palmer said that they were building up stock REALLY fast... so the stock will come to you soon.
    Maybe a week or so later than the pre-orders.

    One week can be an eternity!

    It may also be that they are 2 weeks.
    Or 3 weeks.
    Or 4 weeks.
    Or five weeks ...

    Who knows ?

    But for me Oculus will never be a place with humanity!
  • pedrw wrote:
    Plese! Por favor!

    They forgot Portugal!
    All European countries are on the list, except Portugal!

    Portugal is bordered by Spain. Worldwide think Portugal is a Spanish province, but it is not true. Portugal is an independent country and is next to Spain!

    United States
    United Kingdom
    Australia
    Belgium
    Canada
    Denmark
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Iceland
    Ireland
    Italy
    Japan
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Norway
    Poland
    Spain
    Sweden
    Taiwan
    There are not all European country in the list. Where is Switzerland, where is Austria? Nobody thinks that Portugal belongs to Spain and that's not the reason why your country isn't in the list. You could order DK2 because you had to import it in your country (customs duties). The new distribution system will work without importing I guess.
  • pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
    Nexus 6
    gabr1eL44 wrote:
    pedrw wrote:
    Plese! Por favor!

    They forgot Portugal!
    All European countries are on the list, except Portugal!

    Portugal is bordered by Spain. Worldwide think Portugal is a Spanish province, but it is not true. Portugal is an independent country and is next to Spain!

    United States
    United Kingdom
    Australia
    Belgium
    Canada
    Denmark
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Iceland
    Ireland
    Italy
    Japan
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Norway
    Poland
    Spain
    Sweden
    Taiwan
    There are not all European country in the list. Where is Switzerland, where is Austria? Nobody thinks that Portugal belongs to Spain and that's not the reason why your country isn't in the list. You could order DK2 because you had to import it in your country (customs duties). The new distribution system will work without importing I guess.

    "I guess..."

    Do you think, because it is reasonable to think anything when there is no official explanation.

    That is the problem!

    So I think it is the fault of Oculus!
    Until proven otherwise!
  • pedrw wrote:
    That is the problem!

    So I think it is the fault of Oculus!
    Until proven otherwise!
    Fault? Oculus already said that the list isn't complete yet and will filled by the time. Portugal isn't in the first list. Sad for you and all Portugueses but that's life. A wordwide launch at the same time isn't so easy. Playstation and XBox had different release dates for different countries as well.
  • MyrskalleMyrskalle Posts: 65
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited January 2016
    Seriously? Do you think they're not including Portugal to be mean or do you think there are actual reasons behind it? Do you not think that Oculus would like to offer pre-orders for every country in the world if they could? And no, far from "all European countries" are included. There are also dozens of countries in Asia, Africa and South America that aren't included, but we all have to sit tight and wait for the proper permits to be handed out.

    Did you think that Oculus would see this post and go: "Alright, let's include Portugal as well; this random guy is begging us to"? You seem like an extremely childish person.

    Edit: And an additional no, people in the world do not think that Portugal is a province of Spain; we are fully aware that it is a country.
  • pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
    Nexus 6
    @PalmerLuckey Please include Portugal in the pre order list!

    Thank Palmer, to silence me on Twitter!
    Because now I know who you are!

    Obrigado Palmer, por silenciar-me no Twitter.
    Porque agora eu sei quem você é!

    silencio2.jpg
  • sabyyysabyyy Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    "the total number of independent states in the world are 197"

    https://www.countries-ofthe-world.com/a ... tries.html

    Mine is not included either but somehow I dont think I will receive my rift significantly later than the 20 countries included now.
  • przecinekprzecinek Posts: 588
    Nexus 6
    pedrw wrote:
    One week can be an eternity!

    But for me Oculus will never be a place with humanity!


    Looking at your posts so far I don't think you deserve CV1 even if you can pay for it...

    It's obv. got nothing to do with Palmer thinking that Portugal is part of Spain, grow up. I hope you get banned from pre-ordering it in any way possible even if you relocate to Spain. That would be a wise move :roll:
  • pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
    Nexus 6
    przecinek wrote:
    pedrw wrote:
    One week can be an eternity!

    But for me Oculus will never be a place with humanity!


    Looking at your posts so far I don't think you deserve CV1 even if you can pay for it...

    It's obv. got nothing to do with Palmer thinking that Portugal is part of Spain, grow up. I hope you get banned from pre-ordering it in any way possible even if you relocate to Spain. That would be a wise move :roll:


    Your opinion is useless, selfish and toxic!

    "And in those moments all the monsters come out of the darkness and show us his claws!"
  • And Russia is also not included. The biggest country in the World. Sad, but I was expected... So what?
  • pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
    Nexus 6
    Equinoxe wrote:
    And Russia is also not included. The biggest country in the World. Sad, but I was expected... So what?

    "So what ?" ?????????????
  • I mean - just wait. It's not the end of the World. At least the price for CV1 will be revealed for me :)
  • pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
    Nexus 6
    edited January 2016
    Pre-order begins Jan 06
    01:03:...

    hora.JPG
  • The time is running out.
  • pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
    Nexus 6
    hora.JPG

    oculuss.JPG
  • DustySkunkDustySkunk Posts: 23
    NerveGear
    OP you need to relax. I'm sorry that Portugal is not on the pre-order list but clearly there must be a sound reason not to ship there yet. It makes absolutely zero sense for OVR not to ship everywhere it can, unless there is something stopping them from doing so. You're taking it personally, as if Palmer Luckey himself decided to say "Eh, screw the Portuguese." That is not the case.

    You've waited years for a Rift. Waiting a few weeks/months more will not kill you. You're behavior here right now is going to get you banned.
  • pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
    Nexus 6
    DustySkunk wrote:
    OP you need to relax. I'm sorry that Portugal is not on the pre-order list but clearly there must be a sound reason not to ship there yet. It makes absolutely zero sense for OVR not to ship everywhere it can, unless there is something stopping them from doing so. You're taking it personally, as if Palmer Luckey himself decided to say "Eh, screw the Portuguese." That is not the case.

    You've waited years for a Rift. Waiting a few weeks/months more will not kill you. You're behavior here right now is going to get you banned.


    Your opinion is useless, selfish and toxic!

    "And in those moments all the monsters come out of the darkness and show us his claws!"

    hora.JPG
  • DustySkunkDustySkunk Posts: 23
    NerveGear
    pedrw wrote:
    DustySkunk wrote:
    OP you need to relax. I'm sorry that Portugal is not on the pre-order list but clearly there must be a sound reason not to ship there yet. It makes absolutely zero sense for OVR not to ship everywhere it can, unless there is something stopping them from doing so. You're taking it personally, as if Palmer Luckey himself decided to say "Eh, screw the Portuguese." That is not the case.

    You've waited years for a Rift. Waiting a few weeks/months more will not kill you. You're behavior here right now is going to get you banned.


    Your opinion is useless, selfish and toxic!

    "And in those moments all the monsters come out of the darkness and show us his claws!"

    Not opinion. Fact. There is no reason to ship to Spain and not Portugal if something wasn't stopping them from doing so. Why cut off a portion of your customer base if you don't have to?

    I understand you're upset. I would be too! All I'm trying to do help you and give you some perspective. Seriously, Cyber is going to ban you if you keep this up and you'll accomplish nothing. Be reasonable, chill, and ask about it in the AMA tonight. They could just be tied up in paperwork/red tape.

    Do what you will though. It's your life.
  • pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
    Nexus 6
    DustySkunk wrote:
    pedrw wrote:
    DustySkunk wrote:
    OP you need to relax. I'm sorry that Portugal is not on the pre-order list but clearly there must be a sound reason not to ship there yet. It makes absolutely zero sense for OVR not to ship everywhere it can, unless there is something stopping them from doing so. You're taking it personally, as if Palmer Luckey himself decided to say "Eh, screw the Portuguese." That is not the case.

    You've waited years for a Rift. Waiting a few weeks/months more will not kill you. You're behavior here right now is going to get you banned.


    Your opinion is useless, selfish and toxic!

    "And in those moments all the monsters come out of the darkness and show us his claws!"

    Not opinion. Fact. There is no reason to ship to Spain and not Portugal if something wasn't stopping them from doing so. Why cut off a portion of your customer base if you don't have to?

    I understand you're upset. I would be too! All I'm trying to do help you and give you some perspective. Seriously, Cyber is going to ban you if you keep this up and you'll accomplish nothing. Be reasonable, chill, and ask about it in the AMA tonight. They could just be tied up in paperwork/red tape.

    Do what you will though. It's your life.

    "Cyber is going to ban you if you keep this up and you'll accomplish nothing. Be reasonable"

    I do not have to be "reasonable". I just have to be free

    hora.JPG
  • pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
    Nexus 6
    I finished my pre order!

    Too expensive!

    Estimated Total: £ 529,00 ($777,217)

    dinheiro.jpg
  • jazzbachjazzbach Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I live in Mexico and I'm equally eager to delight my eyes with the oculus as much as all the people visiting this forum. Unfortunately my country isn't included either in the pre order list.

    Although this is truly sad for me, no one would ever have the right to blame the Oculus team in any way for having to exclude certain countries from the list. They are making the best of the efforts to have this awesome product available worldwide and I'm pretty sure in the near future, not only Portugal or Mexico will be included on the list but many more.

    It's very easy to blame the team indeed, but we must understand that there are thousands of factors to be considered right now. A worldwide distribution is nothing trivial. Let's be patient. I'm very sure they won't let us down in any way.
  • signoxsignox Posts: 2
    I'm Portuguese and I was disapointed but not suprised. Lets just hope Portugal is included soon.
Sign In or Register to comment.