cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please, include Portugal in the pre order list!

pedrw
Expert Protege
Plese! Por favor!

They forgot Portugal!
All European countries are on the list, except Portugal!

Portugal is bordered by Spain. Worldwide think Portugal is a Spanish province, but it is not true. Portugal is an independent country and is next to Spain!

United States
United Kingdom
Australia
Belgium
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Spain
Sweden
Taiwan
37 REPLIES 37

Equinoxe
Honored Guest
I mean - just wait. It's not the end of the World. At least the price for CV1 will be revealed for me 🙂

pedrw
Expert Protege
Pre-order begins Jan 06
01:03:...

Equinoxe
Honored Guest
The time is running out.

pedrw
Expert Protege

DustySkunk
Honored Guest
OP you need to relax. I'm sorry that Portugal is not on the pre-order list but clearly there must be a sound reason not to ship there yet. It makes absolutely zero sense for OVR not to ship everywhere it can, unless there is something stopping them from doing so. You're taking it personally, as if Palmer Luckey himself decided to say "Eh, screw the Portuguese." That is not the case.

You've waited years for a Rift. Waiting a few weeks/months more will not kill you. You're behavior here right now is going to get you banned.

pedrw
Expert Protege
"DustySkunk" wrote:
OP you need to relax. I'm sorry that Portugal is not on the pre-order list but clearly there must be a sound reason not to ship there yet. It makes absolutely zero sense for OVR not to ship everywhere it can, unless there is something stopping them from doing so. You're taking it personally, as if Palmer Luckey himself decided to say "Eh, screw the Portuguese." That is not the case.

You've waited years for a Rift. Waiting a few weeks/months more will not kill you. You're behavior here right now is going to get you banned.

Your opinion is useless, selfish and toxic!

"And in those moments all the monsters come out of the darkness and show us his claws!"

DustySkunk
Honored Guest
"pedrw" wrote:
"DustySkunk" wrote:

"And in those moments all the monsters come out of the darkness and show us his claws!"

Not opinion. Fact. There is no reason to ship to Spain and not Portugal if something wasn't stopping them from doing so. Why cut off a portion of your customer base if you don't have to?

I understand you're upset. I would be too! All I'm trying to do help you and give you some perspective. Seriously, Cyber is going to ban you if you keep this up and you'll accomplish nothing. Be reasonable, chill, and ask about it in the AMA tonight. They could just be tied up in paperwork/red tape.

Do what you will though. It's your life.

pedrw
Expert Protege
"DustySkunk" wrote:
"pedrw" wrote:
"DustySkunk" wrote:

Not opinion. Fact. There is no reason to ship to Spain and not Portugal if something wasn't stopping them from doing so. Why cut off a portion of your customer base if you don't have to?

I understand you're upset. I would be too! All I'm trying to do help you and give you some perspective. Seriously, Cyber is going to ban you if you keep this up and you'll accomplish nothing. Be reasonable, chill, and ask about it in the AMA tonight. They could just be tied up in paperwork/red tape.

Do what you will though. It's your life.

"Cyber is going to ban you if you keep this up and you'll accomplish nothing. Be reasonable"

I do not have to be "reasonable". I just have to be free

pedrw
Expert Protege
I finished my pre order!

Too expensive!

Estimated Total: £ 529,00 ($777,217)

jazzbach
Explorer
I live in Mexico and I'm equally eager to delight my eyes with the oculus as much as all the people visiting this forum. Unfortunately my country isn't included either in the pre order list.

Although this is truly sad for me, no one would ever have the right to blame the Oculus team in any way for having to exclude certain countries from the list. They are making the best of the efforts to have this awesome product available worldwide and I'm pretty sure in the near future, not only Portugal or Mexico will be included on the list but many more.

It's very easy to blame the team indeed, but we must understand that there are thousands of factors to be considered right now. A worldwide distribution is nothing trivial. Let's be patient. I'm very sure they won't let us down in any way.