cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$599 converts to 699€? (UPDATE: total 741€)

Anonymous
Not applicable
seriously? this should be 550€

i paid $130 for shipping and taxes for the DK2, does that mean I'll end up with something like 800€ with shipping and taxes?

UPDATE: It now says TAX is included and including shipping it will total approximately 741€

UPDATE2: Oculus community manager cybereality has confirmed that the EU prices include VAT (sales tax), so we only have to pay extra for shipping and customs.

"cybereality" wrote:
The EU price includes VAT, so the base cost is similar to the US.

$599 convert to 556.95€ right now. As an example the german sales tax of 19% would raise that to 662,77€. On top of that we have shipping (probably $40 or more) and customs, which can be 0% to 14%. So yeah, 740€ seems about right to me.
38 REPLIES 38

m0bius
Protege
Yeah, didn't you know the dollar jumped ahead of the Euro? You guys are our new Canada!

B03S
Honored Guest
Insane USDEUR conversion :x

ecidemon
Honored Guest
699€ + shipping. Got to be kidding me.

Guess i'll have to make due with the dk2.

MagrothJ
Honored Guest
Yeah it's completely ludicrous. I was actually set on pre-ordering one if it was at least in the 500-600€ range, but this is so silly. I don't even want to know what the shipping cost will be.

timo2811
Honored Guest
699€ - without shipping, without taxes?

Are you f serious? :twisted:

Combined and converted to USD that would be in the 900-950$ range !

F O R G E T I T!

Jotsche
Honored Guest
I realy crazy , and buy all new stuff but 699 + Shipping to Germany ?! no way thats to crazy i am out !!

Good Night VR !

gabr1eL44
Honored Guest
Oculus failed so hard. Furthermore, they're betraying Europeans. Just a rip-off, nothing else. Good luck to all developers for developing games for maybe 100k sold CV1s. Honestly, why would people develop games for CV1 when they could develop games for Android with a few hundred million devices...

ShotgunEmmet
Honored Guest
I cannot understand the addition of €142 ($152).
This would be on top of the customs and shipping costs that would ultimately bring the cost up to nearly €900.

I held off on the kickstarter €350 as Palmer Luckey said only to purchase if a serious about developing for it
(I would only have ported one of my Unity demos, nothing serious)

This is too much, I would pay €600 without complaint, but that is too rich considering I will be spending €1200-€1500 on a PC that can run it.

I'll probably hold off until its in shops.

RedNax
Protege
"timo2811" wrote:
699€ - without shipping, without taxes?

Are you f serious? :twisted:

Combined and converted to USD that would be in the 900-950$ range !

F O R G E T I T!

It clearly says: "You'll be charged when your order ships. Tax is included in order total."

So no surprises at the door...