cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Price Point Whining

roadczar
Protege
The only issue here is setting lower than expected expectations. $599 is very reasonable given what we are getting.

By comparison a high-end monitor like my ROG Swift 2560 x 1440 is roughly $700, other monitors are even pricier. With Rift you are getting screen, optics, DAC, headphones, controller, camera, remote, and two games. Not to mention cables.
14 REPLIES 14

Flinty84
Honored Guest
Ist pointless but, you seem not to understand why so many complaining.

It's about what has been said by Oculus (about the Price Point) and about these weird currency translations.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Price doesn't bother me the ship times do though. I really thought they would have sorted this out this time around. I thought there would of been plenty of Rifts available, but obviously not if they were snapped up in the first hour. I remember Oculus saying this wouldn't happen with the consumer version, but it seems everything they say turns out to be the opposite of what they've said.

roadczar
Protege
"Flinty84" wrote:

It's about what has been said by Oculus (about the Price Point) and about these weird currency translations.

Oh I get it, people like to whine. :lol:

sabyyy
Protege
"lovethis" wrote:
Price doesn't bother me the ship times do though. I really thought they would have sorted this out this time around. I thought there would of been plenty of Rifts available, but obviously not if they were snapped up in the first hour. I remember Oculus saying this wouldn't happen with the consumer version, but it seems everything they say turns out to be the opposite of what they've said.

Exactly.
Even if I wanted to throw out the 800+ USD now (not a mistake, for me this is the right number), I would not be able to order it.

Even if my country was on the list and odered a rift today I would receive it at the end of q2, even q3??

This does not add up to me as a q1 launch. For me there is no q1 launch and probably there is no for many who ordered in the first hour!!

So the problem is again as with price. This is not happening the way it was advertized.

r00x
Adventurer
"sabyyy" wrote:
This does not add up to me as a q1 launch. For me there is no q1 launch and probably there is no for many who ordered in the first hour!!

So the problem is again as with price. This is not happening the way it was advertized.

Bang on. Fine with price. But a disastrous launch imho. I'm a Q2 Rifter, if my order has even been accepted (still don't know for sure). April. Eugh.

Flinty84
Honored Guest
"roadczar" wrote:
"Flinty84" wrote:

Oh I get it, people like to whine. :lol:

Like i said. Pointless...

Nedo
Explorer
interesting, 4 years ago VR didn't exist at all and today we have the best VR expirience of all time,
its like the invention of the wheel and people b'tch about teh price? :lol:

If i had the opportunity 10 years ago to get such a VR expirience fo $1500, just unbelievable.
You dont get a 4K 3D Beamer for that cost, and compared the 3D is laughable to the VR 3D.
Order DK1 Mar 30, 2013 / Order DK2: Mar 19, 2014 / Order CV1: Jan 6, 2016 / Order HTC Vive Feb 29, 2016

roadczar
Protege
I know a lot of people who spent way more than that on their sound systems components. The funny thing about the whiners are their entitled expectations. Young people these days… 😄

nightauditor198
Adventurer
"roadczar" wrote:
I know a lot of people who spent way more than that on their sound systems components. The funny thing about the whiners are their entitled expectations. Young people these days… 😄

😄