cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my country not on the list?

dvkkha
Honored Guest
And what is the reason at all?

I've waited for YEARS, bought all dev kits, watched this countdown hit zero and I'm not allowed to purchase? I don't understand why you're doing this. People who purchase now, one day after the beginning of pre order sales, are already getting their Rift in Q2 and I'm sitting here and have to watch people complaining that they have to wait until may.

Well, I guess we don't get our own queue with shipping dates beginning in march so WHEN do we get our chance to purchase and when will our Rift ship?

And please explain to me why I'm something like a second class human to you that I do not get the same chances as everyone else in terms of shipping dates? I can't even explain how f****ng angry I am because of that decision on your side.
TF2 HUD for the Rift: Specs: PC:Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB RAM
22 REPLIES 22

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
Calm down. It's not a conspiracy. Each country has a list of certifications new products must have before sales of the product is allowed. Oculus got the required certifications for 20 countries and they chose to open pre-orders, rather than delaying until every country was covered. It's the same reason why nearly every new electronic product releases in the same staged way.

Gigantoad
Adventurer
"goldenegg" wrote:
Calm down. It's not a conspiracy. Each country has a list of certifications new products must have before sales of the product is allowed. Oculus got the required certifications for 20 countries and they chose to open pre-orders, rather than delaying until every country was covered. It's the same reason why nearly every new electronic product releases in the same staged way.

What certification is this exactly? Safety stuff? Just wondering since they managed to get both DK's shipped to Switzerland, but not this new CV.

The effect is pretty dramatic. Assuming this won't change in a day or two, the difference could mean half a year or even a year delay seeing as we're already in June after a day.

steveoz32
Expert Protege
"Gigantoad" wrote:
"goldenegg" wrote:

What certification is this exactly? Safety stuff? Just wondering since they managed to get both DK's shipped to Switzerland, but not this new CV.

The effect is pretty dramatic. Assuming this won't change in a day or two, the difference could mean half a year or even a year delay seeing as we're already in June after a day.

Don't hold your breath, there are thousands that put in orders that can't even get confirmation or any support of their order, let alone Oculus managing to roll out to more countries atm 😞

dvkkha
Honored Guest
"goldenegg" wrote:

Preorders now are shipping in June. This has to be joke!

If what you say is true they should never have started the pre order sales before they have the certificate for each country. It worked with the DK1 and DK2 so there is absolutley no excuse for such a move.
I mean they knew where I come from and are even sending me this damn pre order email to tease me.

Right now it looks like that I can get my hands on a Rift in Q4 if I'm lucky.
TF2 HUD for the Rift: Specs: PC:Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB RAM

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
"Gigantoad" wrote:

They are certifications for regulatory compliance and safety (FCC, UL, CE, CCC, etc). The process to get the development kits certified would have been much simpler due to the fact they were using off-the-shelf (i.e. already certified) parts and dev kits (non-retail products) are certified differently.

"dvkkha" wrote:

If what you say is true they should never have started the pre order sales before they have the certificate for each country. It worked with the DK1 and DK2 so there is absolutley no excuse for such a move.
I mean they knew where I come from and are even sending me this damn pre order email to tease me.

Right now it looks like that I can get my hands on a Rift in Q4 if I'm lucky.

I've explained above why the dev kits didn't have the same issues with certification.

Now you're just being selfish. If some people can't order then no one should be able to? What's the logic behind that? You'll eventually be able to order your Rift, just be patient. The incredible amount of self-entitlement many people have been displaying lately is absurd.

dvkkha
Honored Guest
What an argument.

I'm sure we can pre-order BEFORE the first Rift will ship, so your argument is invalid. There is no difference for anyone in that 20 countries if preorder is available 2 months later because shipping would still begin in March. Well, no difference except competition. My point is that we get our Rift Q3 if we're lucky and you in Q1/Q2 for absolutley no reason at all. If you think that this is alright then I would say you are selfish.

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
"dvkkha" wrote:
What an argument.

I'm sure we can pre-order BEFORE the first Rift will ship, so your argument is invalid.

No, that's incorrect. No you're just making things up, which doesn't help your point at all. If you don't believe me, pick up the phone and call your local government office to get more details on how this process works.

dvkkha
Honored Guest
I still found not a single statement of Oculus that thats what you're saying is true, so your statements are theory too.
And if its true we will see when pre-orders (if you still can call it that when shipping is already done) get opend for the rest of the world.

On the other hand, my point stands. By opening pre-orders for 20 countries only they drive those people who want the rift as soon as everyone else into the arms of Ebay Sellers who want at least 1000$. Thats not the fault of any government but of Oculus. They could have waited or got these certificates sooner, whatever.
Seems thats what you get for being an early adopter.

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
"dvkkha" wrote:
I still found not a single statement of Oculus that thats what you're saying is true, so your statements are theory too.

You obviously just want to be pissy, because Palmer specifically mentioned this on Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/PalmerLuckey/status ... 5677428736