cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my country not on the list?

dvkkha
Honored Guest
And what is the reason at all?

I've waited for YEARS, bought all dev kits, watched this countdown hit zero and I'm not allowed to purchase? I don't understand why you're doing this. People who purchase now, one day after the beginning of pre order sales, are already getting their Rift in Q2 and I'm sitting here and have to watch people complaining that they have to wait until may.

Well, I guess we don't get our own queue with shipping dates beginning in march so WHEN do we get our chance to purchase and when will our Rift ship?

And please explain to me why I'm something like a second class human to you that I do not get the same chances as everyone else in terms of shipping dates? I can't even explain how f****ng angry I am because of that decision on your side.
TF2 HUD for the Rift: Specs: PC:Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB RAM
22 REPLIES 22

dvkkha
Honored Guest
Nope, I don't have a twitter account thats all. Maybe it would be a good idea to send such information via Email whatever he said on that link, can't read that at the moment bc. twitter is blocked in my corporate network.
TF2 HUD for the Rift: Specs: PC:Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB RAM

Gigantoad
Adventurer
"dvkkha" wrote:
Nope, I don't have a twitter account thats all. Maybe it would be a good idea to send such information via Email whatever he said on that link, can't read that at the moment bc. twitter is blocked in my corporate network.

It says

Pre-orders will be global, not US only - We have the required certification in 20 countries, more will follow.

Myrskalle
Protege
You are obviously right; there is nothing stopping Oculus from letting people all over the world pre-order the Rift. They are just using that as an excuse so that they won't have to ship as many products. Keeping the numbers of pre-orders down is of course positive for Oculus, right? Because if that weren't true, your entitled hissy fit in this thread would make absolutely zero sense and make you look like a spoiled 16-year-old whose birthday Lexus had a slightly darker shade of pink than she wanted.

dvkkha
Honored Guest
Thank you for quoting the tweet.

Well, as said before: Opening Pre-Orders before you are allowed to sell worldwide is just wrong for already mentioned reasons.

@Myrskalle

Would like to see your beautiful sarcasm if you would be on my end. People here are getting upset because they have to wait for april instead of march. I don't even know if I get the Rift this year at all. As if my anger is in any form arbitrary.

MPires
Heroic Explorer
Well, there are many European countries that are not on the list (mine included - Portugal). I realize that they can not start the process in every country in simultaneously and there is a prioritization.
The question is, when do they think starting the sale process for the other EC countries because these lawsuits countries are harmonized and are identical and therefore easy to implement. Or sell them over the internet in global chains that sell products for the entire European community. Thanks

dvkkha
Honored Guest
Oculus does not decide when they will start the pre-order in other countries. ATM they are not allowed to sell in countries except those 20 on the list.

Myrskalle
Protege
"dvkkha" wrote:
Thank you for quoting the tweet.

Well, as said before: Opening Pre-Orders before you are allowed to sell worldwide is just wrong for already mentioned reasons.

@Myrskalle

Would like to see your beautiful sarcasm if you would be on my end. People here are getting upset because they have to wait for april instead of march. I don't even know if I get the Rift this year at all. As if my anger is in any form arbitrary.

Nice try, but I am on "your end".

dvkkha
Honored Guest
Fine. Then we have obviously different ways of dealing with that or just different levels of passion about the Rift.
Seeing that thousands of people are able to buy something I waited years for and I'm not allowed to, or have to wait more than half a year longer just because I was born in the wrong country makes me sad and angry.
Maybe thats childish. I could even agree with that but in this case I really don't care. And it doesn't change my standpoint. They should have waited with the pre-orders.

Luciferous
Consultant
I certainly feel for you, I would be annoyed too. I guess you cannot guarantee a country will give you the certification
so allowing people to pre order it before certification may not be good business practice. Whether they prioritised getting certification for some countries first or its just some countries are slower approving, I guess only Oculus would know.

Although I will say OP you asked the question and golden egg kindly gave you the answer. As the old saying goes do not shoot the messenger.

dvkkha
Honored Guest
Yes you're right. Apologies