cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share gear vr to a pc display...

you
Protege
Is there some way to display the output of the gear vr onto your pc/laptop (so you other people can see what a user is seeing inside the headset?).

I just downloaded SideSync 3.0, and it works great for browsing the phone/other apps, but in gear vr home I just get a black screen.
17 REPLIES 17

damasceno
Honored Guest
you,
No HDMI or TV needed to use "MinorOP Sender for Galaxy" .There are an app running in the PC receiving the images. You need to have PC and S6 in the same WiFi network

you
Protege
Cool thanks guys looks like its working. Although how long will it run before it makes me register? 10 bucks right?

Azrael30
Explorer
You get about five minutes if you don't register. Honestly for the added ease and entertainment it will provide when taking the gear vr over to share with friends, it's worth it.

you
Protege
Thanks guys just registered. As an added bonus, I can now use my keyboard keys for games that require a joypad!

Hmm maybe i take that back... dreadhalls seemed to work with my keyboard, but other games not... whats the deal... what keyboard keys are bound to the joypad?

jim_seaberg_5
Honored Guest
Just downloaded and purchased the MirrorOP sender on my Galaxy S8, and Mirror OP receiver on laptop. Screen on laptop froze seconds after connecting. It sometimes do what appeared to be a screen refresh and display a new screen shot, but didn't work correctly. Tried it on another newer/faster laptop. Same thing. Tried to register, but was unable to connect to server. Waste of time for me. Hopefully I can get a refund. My search continues.

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
Mirrorop and everything freezes when trying to use it.

llouislky
Honored Guest
Hi there, I tried mirror op but the screen on the notebook will freeze. Finally, I tried teamviewer , it is smooth than the mirror op and it's free! Why not have a try?
finally, the screen still lag when I enter oculus app

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is more then an year after the last post here, but I'm sure there are still people who are wondering how to do this, like I was. I just found out this tutorial and it worked for me 🙂 Didn't have time to test it playing game and don't know when will have time for that, so I'm shearing it before I forget 😄  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1FO-c4eSzQ