Why is my country not on the list? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Why is my country not on the list?

dvkkhadvkkha Posts: 48
Brain Burst
edited January 2016 in General
And what is the reason at all?

I've waited for YEARS, bought all dev kits, watched this countdown hit zero and I'm not allowed to purchase? I don't understand why you're doing this. People who purchase now, one day after the beginning of pre order sales, are already getting their Rift in Q2 and I'm sitting here and have to watch people complaining that they have to wait until may.

Well, I guess we don't get our own queue with shipping dates beginning in march so WHEN do we get our chance to purchase and when will our Rift ship?

And please explain to me why I'm something like a second class human to you that I do not get the same chances as everyone else in terms of shipping dates? I can't even explain how f****ng angry I am because of that decision on your side.
TF2 HUD for the Rift:
2hgb7r4.png
Specs:
PC:Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB RAM

Comments

  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 552
    Trinity
    Calm down. It's not a conspiracy. Each country has a list of certifications new products must have before sales of the product is allowed. Oculus got the required certifications for 20 countries and they chose to open pre-orders, rather than delaying until every country was covered. It's the same reason why nearly every new electronic product releases in the same staged way.
  • GigantoadGigantoad Posts: 395
    Nexus 6
    goldenegg wrote:
    Calm down. It's not a conspiracy. Each country has a list of certifications new products must have before sales of the product is allowed. Oculus got the required certifications for 20 countries and they chose to open pre-orders, rather than delaying until every country was covered. It's the same reason why nearly every new electronic product releases in the same staged way.

    What certification is this exactly? Safety stuff? Just wondering since they managed to get both DK's shipped to Switzerland, but not this new CV.

    The effect is pretty dramatic. Assuming this won't change in a day or two, the difference could mean half a year or even a year delay seeing as we're already in June after a day.
  • steveoz32steveoz32 Posts: 350
    Art3mis
    Gigantoad wrote:
    goldenegg wrote:
    Calm down. It's not a conspiracy. Each country has a list of certifications new products must have before sales of the product is allowed. Oculus got the required certifications for 20 countries and they chose to open pre-orders, rather than delaying until every country was covered. It's the same reason why nearly every new electronic product releases in the same staged way.

    What certification is this exactly? Safety stuff? Just wondering since they managed to get both DK's shipped to Switzerland, but not this new CV.

    The effect is pretty dramatic. Assuming this won't change in a day or two, the difference could mean half a year or even a year delay seeing as we're already in June after a day.

    Don't hold your breath, there are thousands that put in orders that can't even get confirmation or any support of their order, let alone Oculus managing to roll out to more countries atm :(
  • dvkkhadvkkha Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    goldenegg wrote:
    Calm down. It's not a conspiracy. Each country has a list of certifications new products must have before sales of the product is allowed. Oculus got the required certifications for 20 countries and they chose to open pre-orders, rather than delaying until every country was covered. It's the same reason why nearly every new electronic product releases in the same staged way.

    Preorders now are shipping in June. This has to be joke!

    If what you say is true they should never have started the pre order sales before they have the certificate for each country. It worked with the DK1 and DK2 so there is absolutley no excuse for such a move.
    I mean they knew where I come from and are even sending me this damn pre order email to tease me.

    Right now it looks like that I can get my hands on a Rift in Q4 if I'm lucky.
    TF2 HUD for the Rift:
    2hgb7r4.png
    Specs:
    PC:Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB RAM
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 552
    Trinity
    Gigantoad wrote:
    What certification is this exactly? Safety stuff? Just wondering since they managed to get both DK's shipped to Switzerland, but not this new CV.

    They are certifications for regulatory compliance and safety (FCC, UL, CE, CCC, etc). The process to get the development kits certified would have been much simpler due to the fact they were using off-the-shelf (i.e. already certified) parts and dev kits (non-retail products) are certified differently.
    dvkkha wrote:
    If what you say is true they should never have started the pre order sales before they have the certificate for each country. It worked with the DK1 and DK2 so there is absolutley no excuse for such a move.
    I mean they knew where I come from and are even sending me this damn pre order email to tease me.

    Right now it looks like that I can get my hands on a Rift in Q4 if I'm lucky.

    I've explained above why the dev kits didn't have the same issues with certification.

    Now you're just being selfish. If some people can't order then no one should be able to? What's the logic behind that? You'll eventually be able to order your Rift, just be patient. The incredible amount of self-entitlement many people have been displaying lately is absurd.
  • dvkkhadvkkha Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    What an argument.

    I'm sure we can pre-order BEFORE the first Rift will ship, so your argument is invalid. There is no difference for anyone in that 20 countries if preorder is available 2 months later because shipping would still begin in March. Well, no difference except competition. My point is that we get our Rift Q3 if we're lucky and you in Q1/Q2 for absolutley no reason at all. If you think that this is alright then I would say you are selfish.
    TF2 HUD for the Rift:
    2hgb7r4.png
    Specs:
    PC:Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB RAM
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 552
    Trinity
    dvkkha wrote:
    What an argument.

    I'm sure we can pre-order BEFORE the first Rift will ship, so your argument is invalid.

    No, that's incorrect. No you're just making things up, which doesn't help your point at all. If you don't believe me, pick up the phone and call your local government office to get more details on how this process works.
  • dvkkhadvkkha Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    I still found not a single statement of Oculus that thats what you're saying is true, so your statements are theory too.
    And if its true we will see when pre-orders (if you still can call it that when shipping is already done) get opend for the rest of the world.

    On the other hand, my point stands. By opening pre-orders for 20 countries only they drive those people who want the rift as soon as everyone else into the arms of Ebay Sellers who want at least 1000$. Thats not the fault of any government but of Oculus. They could have waited or got these certificates sooner, whatever.
    Seems thats what you get for being an early adopter.
    TF2 HUD for the Rift:
    2hgb7r4.png
    Specs:
    PC:Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB RAM
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 552
    Trinity
    dvkkha wrote:
    I still found not a single statement of Oculus that thats what you're saying is true, so your statements are theory too.

    You obviously just want to be pissy, because Palmer specifically mentioned this on Tuesday.

    https://twitter.com/PalmerLuckey/status ... 5677428736
  • dvkkhadvkkha Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    Nope, I don't have a twitter account thats all. Maybe it would be a good idea to send such information via Email whatever he said on that link, can't read that at the moment bc. twitter is blocked in my corporate network.
    TF2 HUD for the Rift:
    2hgb7r4.png
    Specs:
    PC:Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB RAM
  • GigantoadGigantoad Posts: 395
    Nexus 6
    dvkkha wrote:
    Nope, I don't have a twitter account thats all. Maybe it would be a good idea to send such information via Email whatever he said on that link, can't read that at the moment bc. twitter is blocked in my corporate network.

    It says
    Pre-orders will be global, not US only - We have the required certification in 20 countries, more will follow.
  • MyrskalleMyrskalle Posts: 65
    Hiro Protagonist
    You are obviously right; there is nothing stopping Oculus from letting people all over the world pre-order the Rift. They are just using that as an excuse so that they won't have to ship as many products. Keeping the numbers of pre-orders down is of course positive for Oculus, right? Because if that weren't true, your entitled hissy fit in this thread would make absolutely zero sense and make you look like a spoiled 16-year-old whose birthday Lexus had a slightly darker shade of pink than she wanted.
  • dvkkhadvkkha Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    Thank you for quoting the tweet.

    Well, as said before: Opening Pre-Orders before you are allowed to sell worldwide is just wrong for already mentioned reasons.

    @Myrskalle

    Would like to see your beautiful sarcasm if you would be on my end. People here are getting upset because they have to wait for april instead of march. I don't even know if I get the Rift this year at all. As if my anger is in any form arbitrary.
    TF2 HUD for the Rift:
    2hgb7r4.png
    Specs:
    PC:Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB RAM
  • MPiresMPires Posts: 113
    Art3mis
    Well, there are many European countries that are not on the list (mine included - Portugal). I realize that they can not start the process in every country in simultaneously and there is a prioritization.
    The question is, when do they think starting the sale process for the other EC countries because these lawsuits countries are harmonized and are identical and therefore easy to implement. Or sell them over the internet in global chains that sell products for the entire European community. Thanks
  • dvkkhadvkkha Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    Oculus does not decide when they will start the pre-order in other countries. ATM they are not allowed to sell in countries except those 20 on the list.
    TF2 HUD for the Rift:
    2hgb7r4.png
    Specs:
    PC:Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB RAM
  • MyrskalleMyrskalle Posts: 65
    Hiro Protagonist
    dvkkha wrote:
    Thank you for quoting the tweet.

    Well, as said before: Opening Pre-Orders before you are allowed to sell worldwide is just wrong for already mentioned reasons.

    @Myrskalle

    Would like to see your beautiful sarcasm if you would be on my end. People here are getting upset because they have to wait for april instead of march. I don't even know if I get the Rift this year at all. As if my anger is in any form arbitrary.

    Nice try, but I am on "your end".
  • dvkkhadvkkha Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    Fine. Then we have obviously different ways of dealing with that or just different levels of passion about the Rift.
    Seeing that thousands of people are able to buy something I waited years for and I'm not allowed to, or have to wait more than half a year longer just because I was born in the wrong country makes me sad and angry.
    Maybe thats childish. I could even agree with that but in this case I really don't care. And it doesn't change my standpoint. They should have waited with the pre-orders.
    TF2 HUD for the Rift:
    2hgb7r4.png
    Specs:
    PC:Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB RAM
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,082 Valuable Player
    I certainly feel for you, I would be annoyed too. I guess you cannot guarantee a country will give you the certification
    so allowing people to pre order it before certification may not be good business practice. Whether they prioritised getting certification for some countries first or its just some countries are slower approving, I guess only Oculus would know.

    Although I will say OP you asked the question and golden egg kindly gave you the answer. As the old saying goes do not shoot the messenger.
  • dvkkhadvkkha Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    Yes you're right. Apologies
    TF2 HUD for the Rift:
    2hgb7r4.png
    Specs:
    PC:Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB RAM
  • matskatsabamatskatsaba Posts: 275
    Nexus 6
    dvkkha wrote:
    Fine. Then we have obviously different ways of dealing with that or just different levels of passion about the Rift.
    Yeah we noticed. You call it passion, I call it pouting.
    dvkkha wrote:
    Seeing that thousands of people are able to buy something I waited years for and I'm not allowed to, or have to wait more than half a year longer just because I was born in the wrong country makes me sad and angry.
    Not just thousands but tens of millions are able to, but I`ll let you in on a secret: everybody's been waiting for years.
    It's not like you are "not allowed to" buy it (unless your parents didn't allow it), you are just not able to (yet).
    If a gaming peripherial makes you feel angry and sad to be swiss, means you may need to mature a bit more.
    dvkkha wrote:
    Maybe thats childish.
    Yes it is. Very.
    dvkkha wrote:
    I could even agree with that but in this case I really don't care.
    Way to discuss things. Start a rant, make up some silly points that don't stand then dismiss valid argumets because you "really don't care".
    dvkkha wrote:
    And it doesn't change my standpoint. They should have waited with the pre-orders.
    Yeah, certainly. Because you said so.


    Your country missed lots of things. Oculus preorders, two world wars and many more. We all understand that the rift is very important to you, but please try not to embarass your homies. I'm pretty sure they are embarassed about your mature approach already.

    I'm hungarian.
    And oculus doesn't ship to hungary.
    My order number is 6130000356xxxx though.

    Bottom line is, if you actually want and DO something about a problem, you may solve said problem.
    Whining will get you nowhere, even if you're right (and you're not, this time).

    Not really keeping track of silly topics like these, so if you're interested about what you can do (and haven't figured at least two ways already), throw me a PM. A few hints (one represents one example): p.o.b. , friend, trip to the US
  • dvkkhadvkkha Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    Not just thousands but tens of millions are able to, but I`ll let you in on a secret: everybody's been waiting for years.
    It's not like you are "not allowed to" buy it (unless your parents didn't allow it), you are just not able to (yet).
    Always a good thing to argue with improber wording of a non native speaker just to make a weak flame.
    Yeah, certainly. Because you said so.
    No, because its a question of fairness and respect for all the people who supported Oculus and the idea from the beginning. And thats my opinion and my whole point. You can argue against my personal reasons as long as you wish, this point stands.
    I'm hungarian.
    And oculus doesn't ship to hungary.
    My order number is 6130000356xxxx though.
    So our orders are in the same 10k range. ;-) Let's just hope they don't get marked as fraudulent.
    TF2 HUD for the Rift:
    2hgb7r4.png
    Specs:
    PC:Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB RAM
  • sabyyysabyyy Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    dvkkha wrote:
    Fine. Then we have obviously different ways of dealing with that or just different levels of passion about the Rift.
    Yeah we noticed. You call it passion, I call it pouting.
    dvkkha wrote:
    Seeing that thousands of people are able to buy something I waited years for and I'm not allowed to, or have to wait more than half a year longer just because I was born in the wrong country makes me sad and angry.
    Not just thousands but tens of millions are able to, but I`ll let you in on a secret: everybody's been waiting for years.
    It's not like you are "not allowed to" buy it (unless your parents didn't allow it), you are just not able to (yet).
    If a gaming peripherial makes you feel angry and sad to be swiss, means you may need to mature a bit more.
    dvkkha wrote:
    Maybe thats childish.
    Yes it is. Very.
    dvkkha wrote:
    I could even agree with that but in this case I really don't care.
    Way to discuss things. Start a rant, make up some silly points that don't stand then dismiss valid argumets because you "really don't care".
    dvkkha wrote:
    And it doesn't change my standpoint. They should have waited with the pre-orders.
    Yeah, certainly. Because you said so.


    Your country missed lots of things. Oculus preorders, two world wars and many more. We all understand that the rift is very important to you, but please try not to embarass your homies. I'm pretty sure they are embarassed about your mature approach already.

    I'm hungarian.
    And oculus doesn't ship to hungary.
    My order number is 6130000356xxxx though.

    Bottom line is, if you actually want and DO something about a problem, you may solve said problem.
    Whining will get you nowhere, even if you're right (and you're not, this time).

    Not really keeping track of silly topics like these, so if you're interested about what you can do (and haven't figured at least two ways already), throw me a PM. A few hints (one represents one example): p.o.b. , friend, trip to the US

    Sorry matskatsaba but you are a bit embarrassing your homies here (me).

    Having a different opinion does not mean you have to talk from high horse.

    I get your points, can agree with some of them but totally get if someone wants to know some answers if for many months they have been told something then it's not happening the way it was advertized.

    I was sure that q1 lauch would happen and it isn't happening. I did not just want it to happen, I was TOLD it would happen. And it's not happening and there is no explanation.

    And people who ask are run down by people who are anxiously waiting for their rift.

    You know our country is not on the list and I tend to accept it quite hardly as well. I was able to order the DK2 right away so I would appreciate a date when it will be available. Not that I am planning to order one any time soon after the past few days events but what if I change my mind by tomorrow.

    This is not a q1 launch. Not for me, not for many who ordered in the first hour. And definately not global launch. The globe is not 20 countries. I came to know this list about 1-2 hours before pre-order started.

    And I would rather live in a world where I don't have to do 'tricks' to get something I was told I would be able to get easily and when I ask a question why it's not happening I am not run over by people who just accept they have not been told the truth because they are smart enough to get by anyway.
Sign In or Register to comment.