cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not shipping to Canary islands?

Psychokiller999
Honored Guest
This is really sad, i feel discriminated, I live in Spain and I pre-ordered a Rift because Spain was in the list of shipping countries and didn't say it exclude the Canary islands.I just had the issue that the shipping address couldn't be verified like others but the pre-order was ok and the expect shipping date was in May.Now they tell the problem is that they are not shipping to Canary islands.I sold my gtx 770 to get a one ready for the rift and this notice just make me feel very sad.Because I think Oculus should put this information more clear before the pre-order was open, for example "we ship to Spain except Canary Islands" It wasn't so difficult and with this information i didnt pre-order thinking i have one for May. Maybe i was the only unlucky person who order a Rift from Canary islands but this makes my day really bad.Imagine you feel so lucky to have te pre order because your are in one country that is in the list like me and then they tell you they can't ship to this part of the country, how you will feel?..i turned from feeling one of the lucky to feel the unlucky one..it was really much better to know this before the pre-order...I still can't believe i will loose my pre-order place because of that.Sorry if my english is not very good I need to improve it.
62 REPLIES 62

Psychokiller999
Honored Guest
"Nacho_Odinson" wrote:
Exactly, we are not tricking anyone. It is listed that Oculus ships to Spain. Im sure its a missunderstanding, but it really is tiresome trying to have a response from Oculus. Right now, consumer support is almost non existent.

yeah the support is really very saturated I guess but I hope this will be just a missunderstanding too and they reply us saying everything is fine with the pre-order because this makes no sense to me.I fixed the minor issue that the address couldn`t be verified.It was just the symbols.Now i`m wating a reply for them and hope this could be solved soon.

Lumous
Honored Guest
I don't live in Spain but if Oculus thinks that Canary Islands are not part of Spain that's just simply wrong. And saying that people in Canary Islands try to "trick" getting the Rift into their islands is laughable at best. At least if they don't ship to certain part of a country, they definitely should inform about it. I live in Finland and I imagine people in Ahvenanmaa/Åland Islands would be pissed as fuck if they wouldn't get what they ordered. Oculus needs to get their shit together and especially their customer support.

spikerules
Honored Guest
"Lumous" wrote:
I don't live in Spain but if Oculus thinks that Canary Islands are not part of Spain that's just simply wrong. And saying that people in Canary Islands try to "trick" getting the Rift into their islands is laughable at best. At least if they don't ship to certain part of a country, they definitely should inform about it. I live in Finland and I imagine people in Ahvenanmaa/Åland Islands would be pissed as fuck if they wouldn't get what they ordered. Oculus needs to get their shit together and especially their customer support.

100% agree with you. How idiotic and rude is it to say a Spanish person living in Spain, YES SPAIN OCULUS, is tricking them by saying he lives in SPAIN, because he happens to live in, you know, IN SPAIN. Canary Islands IS Spain. So not only do they not know their geography, but they try and tell said person that they are a trickster, or more accurately what they are trying to say is LIAR.

This is the customer support a loyal Oculus customer is subjected to? Does no one thing this damages Oculus's reputation? I think it's despicable.

Syrellaris
Rising Star
"spikerules" wrote:
"cybereality" wrote:
International logistics is very complicated. It's not as easy as adding another country to a drop-down list.

We are launching in 20 countries to start with. Other regions will be added later, though I'm not quite sure Canary Island will be part of that list. In any case, putting the country as Spain will most like get the package lost. We had people try this same "trick" with the dev kits. You know what happened? The packages got lost. Then what do you do?

The question should not be what THEY do, but what YOU SHOULD do to fix it. Send them the thing they paid for and make sure their country is listed and stop discrimination against them because your company thinks you won't get enough business from that particular country to make it worthwhile. Canary Islands is a Spanish Island... why on earth would this be a TRICK? If your company lists SPAIN it should be able to go to SPAIN. So I'm not even sure why this is an issue?

The logistics can be complicated? It's not like you invented the product yesterday. It should have been made uncomplicated ages ago. You've been shipping dev kits for how long now?

I find your tone extremely rude too. You're calling it a "trick" like they are trying to trick you? No they just want the product you have advertised the MASSES ONLINE. What a condescending git... you actually work for Oculus? Wow HR needs to be informed.

Yet he is right. You need to understand that even though the canary islands are part of spain they are also autonomous. To get it there you will have to adress it as such. Selecting just Spain will get it to the mainland but from there own Spain will take ages in figuring out what part of spain it needs to go to and make extra costs in doing so. Hence packages get lost.

spikerules
Honored Guest
"Syrellaris" wrote:
"spikerules" wrote:
"cybereality" wrote:
International logistics is very complicated. It's not as easy as adding another country to a drop-down list.

We are launching in 20 countries to start with. Other regions will be added later, though I'm not quite sure Canary Island will be part of that list. In any case, putting the country as Spain will most like get the package lost. We had people try this same "trick" with the dev kits. You know what happened? The packages got lost. Then what do you do?

The question should not be what THEY do, but what YOU SHOULD do to fix it. Send them the thing they paid for and make sure their country is listed and stop discrimination against them because your company thinks you won't get enough business from that particular country to make it worthwhile. Canary Islands is a Spanish Island... why on earth would this be a TRICK? If your company lists SPAIN it should be able to go to SPAIN. So I'm not even sure why this is an issue?

The logistics can be complicated? It's not like you invented the product yesterday. It should have been made uncomplicated ages ago. You've been shipping dev kits for how long now?

I find your tone extremely rude too. You're calling it a "trick" like they are trying to trick you? No they just want the product you have advertised the MASSES ONLINE. What a condescending git... you actually work for Oculus? Wow HR needs to be informed.

Yet he is right. You need to understand that even though the canary islands are part of spain they are also autonomous. To get it there you will have to adress it as such. Selecting just Spain will get it to the mainland but from there own Spain will take ages in figuring out what part of spain it needs to go to and make extra costs in doing so. Hence packages get lost.

Yet they put a SPAIN as an address in their mail and have a SPANISH postcode. For example Av**ida de Br...., 16
3****0 A***E, Tenerife, Spain.

How can it NOT get to the right address?

Saffron
Explorer
Again, that's like saying that Hawaii isn't U.S. just because it's a group of islands :lol: :lol:

Do Oculus think that all hawaiians are tricking shipping companies by saying that they live in the USA? 😄

Ashles
Protege
"Saffron" wrote:
Again, that's like saying that Hawaii isn't U.S. just because it's a group of islands :lol: :lol:

Do Oculus think that all hawaiians are tricking shipping companies by saying that they live in the USA? 😄

Nobody at Oculus is implying Canary islands aren't part of Spain, they are saying that for the purposes of shipping and/or tax/duties it has some administrative variance to sending to mainland Spain - much as the Falkland Islands are British but ordering stuff there would be significantly different to ordering from Milton Keynes.
They are warning that if you just write Spain the package may get lost, as has apparently happened in the past.
But if you don't want to accept that advice then fine go ahead and risk it.
"Into every life a little fantasy must fall..."

zao9311
Honored Guest
Seems like a no-brainer, just ship the products to them. Let's think about this in a easier way, does Oculus ship to Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Guam then? In a way, I think maybe it's difficult for Oculus to ship somewhere because there may be different shipping method involved, for US military and family member out there, you know when the soldiers or marines or others are deployed, you HAVE TO use USPS to send mails or package to their APO, FPO address. There may be certain restriction on shipping products to the location or certain carrier must be used. But Anyhow, that's beside the point, if you guys promise customers something, then they should receive them. As simple as that, it's business ethics, if you cannot deliver, then apologize to them and make it up in some way, don't say they tricked you. Even if someone do trick you, it is never appropriate for PR to use that word!

TorturedT
Explorer
awww oculus wont be shipped to sahara, how sad

Syrellaris
Rising Star
"spikerules" wrote:

Yet they put a SPAIN as an address in their mail and have a SPANISH postcode. For example Av**ida de Br...., 16
3****0 A***E, Tenerife, Spain.

How can it NOT get to the right address?

Where would you put down Tenerife in the Oculus shop? on the Adressline 2? That would not be correct though and causes mail issues. Most stores have the Canary islands as a separate option or as a Drop down sub menu from selecting Spain. Oculus does not.