New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Pre-order has vanished into thin air ?

HagarTheHorribleHagarTheHorrible Posts: 72
Hiro Protagonist
edited January 2016 in Support
Pre-ordered on the 6th but the site wouldn't accept payment details,either credit card or PayPal, however the site did register that i had pre-ordered when i checked my profile and order history. Today, when i checked my order history, my order has vanished into thin air. Maybe I should have heeded the April the first delivery date a little bit more.

Since pre-ordering I have emailed Oculus support and have resonded to a request for name and delivery address but have still to hear back.

Rather concerned.

What gives ?

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Can you send me a PM with some details (order number or email address used to order)?

I'm not in the office today, but I can check on this tomorrow for you.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 729
    Trinity
    you could have the same thing going on that I did. there seems to be two order histories. You should be able to see your rift order if you go to oculus.com then click Rift, click pre order. youll get the little bar with the price. After a second your oculus ID should pop up on the right side of the screen on the top. CLick you name then click order history. and it should be in there. If you go to your standard oculus account and hit order history it wont show. For me the standard oculus purchase history shows the downloads ive done to my Gear VR. But by acting like your pre ordering the rift then hitting your oculus ID on the top right of the screen SHOULS yield your rift pre order

let me know if this helps
  • HagarTheHorribleHagarTheHorrible Posts: 72
    Hiro Protagonist
    Ok, panic over, I think.

When I log into my account it has no record of my order, but as Arock387 suggested starting through the Rift Pre-order process again and then looking at order history from there brings up a record of my order on the 6th.

A little confusing to say the least.

Thanks cybereality, panic over, I'll continue with sorting out the rest of the payment issues etc through email.
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 729
    Trinity
    Glad you found it! Same thing happened to me and I had a slight panic and messed around enough to find that out. After running the short back and forth with Cyber apparently that's how its meant to be? I also find it confusing and would rather all the order history be together across my Oculus account.
    Just so no one else gets confused, the proper place to check on your Rift order is here:

https://shop.oculus.com/history
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • kilogoldkilogold Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    How about people who did the kickstarter backing?
    Is there a go-to place for this?
    Kickstarter people aren't in the system yet (we're still waiting for all the survey results to come in).
  • kilogoldkilogold Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    Thanks!!
  • Pre-ordered on the 6th but the site wouldn't accept payment details,either credit card or PayPal... (shortened) ...Rather concerned. What gives ?
    If I was you, I'd get it in writing from Oculas and not trust them. The same thing happened to me back in the original Kickstarter days, and they said ''that's OK, here's another way to pay for your Dev Kit''. So we paid the Kickstarter fee, took the risk, and waited 7 month's for delivery. But now Oculas decides that we are not a Kickstarter backer because of their site's mess-up.