cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has everyone calmed down now?? :)

steveoz32
Expert Protege
I've been away from the forum for a week or so.

Granted I had issues when my order was messed up and I wasn't getting a response a couple of days from the pre order day but I ended up calming down 🙂

Got a little bored of seeing the USD price threads, moaning about price threads, will my PC run it threads etc appearing over and over and over!

So how is everyone feeling about their orders and or the release now? Everyone happy bunnies again? And are you excited yet?

The excitement has worn off for me now, but it's nice thinking that the time will soon come around and I will have a little surprise later this year to look forward to 🙂

I'm hoping the CV1 will work with some of the old apps though such as Virtual Desktop. That was one of my favourite apps.
36 REPLIES 36

Darcanis
Adventurer
Calm... Sure...

Highly annoyed and forced to postpone buying for a undetermined amount of time due to costing upwards of $1100 Canadian in total after all charges.. Yes..

I could buy 3x 970s for that price! Lol

Damn Canadian dollar!!
Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Facebook buying the Oculus Rift! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

maxpare79
Trustee
"Darcanis" wrote:
Calm... Sure...

Highly annoyed and forced to postpone buying for a undetermined amount of time due to costing upwards of $1100 Canadian in total after all charges.. Yes..

Damn Canadian dollar!!

We might get a better exchange rate with the VIVE valve is still selling the steam controller for 60cad in the steam store so basically the exchange rate on steam right now is 1usd=0.83cad lol here is hoping
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Darcanis
Adventurer
"maxpare79" wrote:
"Darcanis" wrote:
Calm... Sure...

Damn Canadian dollar!!

We might get a better exchange rate with the VIVE valve is still selling the steam controller for 60cad in the steam store so basically the exchange rate on steam right now is 1usd=0.83cad lol here is hoping

True steam products and nvidia shield are both way cheaper in store here than ordering from the US online. Shield would cost me nearly $300 more ordered from the US than from newegg or ncix Canada due to all the extra fees and exchange...

Hopefully they sell oculus and vive in store locally later this year.
Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Facebook buying the Oculus Rift! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
It sounds like I'm the only one that heard "$300-400" and thought, "Pfft, BS." :lol:

Yoirgl
Expert Protege
calmed down : no
moved on : yes
only pop from time to time to see if they plan any change of strategy but other than that i'm now floating around competitor's forums.
http://unwise.software/

maxpare79
Trustee
"Yoirgl" wrote:
calmed down : no
moved on : yes
only pop from time to time to see if they plan any change of strategy but other than that i'm now floating around competitor's forums.

Lol hoping for what?
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Syrellaris
Rising Star
Calm.. yeah I guess I am. Still somewhat annoyed by the high Euro price though, but I finally managed to accept it. Pre-ordered anyway(june shipping).