cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold my DK2 to pay for Cv1

Emvy-
Honored Guest
did not expect it to be gone within a week 😞

the horrible wait for cv1 begins... sigh...
9 REPLIES 9

god_alom
Adventurer
How much did you sell it for.. I sold mine for £230

Emvy-
Honored Guest
350 euro's. device was in excelent condition though always handled it with perfect care 🙂

Ferretfing
Protege
I got £420 for mine a few weeks before Xmas - it was bought by a Swiss museum for an art installation :shock:

maxpare79
Trustee
I sold mine last spring because I thought that once CV1 would be announced it would loose its value...boy was I wrong, been missing it ever since...but I sold it for 500$ to some russian dude lol so can't complain...
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

bigmike20vt
Visionary
1st of december i sold mine.

After Ebays / paypals astronomical fees, and i screwed up on postage (it was £10 short) I cleared £245

not bad, I had 16 months use for a cost of £40

but boy am i missing it. ED is a shadow of its former glory and i have no interest in playing FSX or ETS2 now.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Ferretfing
Protege
"bigmike20vt" wrote:
1st of december i sold mine.

After Ebays / paypals astronomical fees, and i screwed up on postage (it was £10 short) I cleared £245

not bad, I had 16 months use for a cost of £40

but boy am i missing it. ED is a shadow of its former glory and i have no interest in playing FSX or ETS2 now.

I know what you mean, it seems a VERY long time since I played anything in VR & haven't touched any of my race sims or ED since selling the DK2........the wife & I have been playing Star Wars Battlefront for the past couple of months & have bought a couple of copies of The Division to keep us busy until the CV1 arrives - it does help having a wife who is into gaming! 😛

EliteSPA
Superstar
I sold my dk2 for 350 € two weeks ago 😄
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Emvy-
Honored Guest
I believe DK2 actually increased in value after the announcement of the CV1 Price.

many people skipped DK2 waiting for CV1 since they were to believed it was going to be in the "ballpark" of $350. the price scared them away yet they want VR so DK2 is the only logical option for now. No supply from oculus. High demand from people.

yet I can't be 1 of those persons who sell's a Dk2 for purchase price or more. everyone should be able to enjoy VR and I have enjoyed my Dk2 for over a year so selling with a 100 Euro loss seems reasonable.

Ferretfing
Protege
"velma01" wrote:

yet I can't be 1 of those persons who sell's a Dk2 for purchase price or more. everyone should be able to enjoy VR and I have enjoyed my Dk2 for over a year so selling with a 100 Euro loss seems reasonable.

Mine sold for £420 on an Ebay auction - my starting price was only £200 with free delivery & I never expected it to go so high - it's not like I was trying to make money from it, just got lucky that week I guess.