cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity5 GearVR build runs great on S6, not on Note4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

My build (Unity 5.2.1p2, with Oculus Utilities 1.3) runs perfect on my S6, but when I submitted to the Gear store and it went live (passing QA just fine) I'm now told a user reported that the image is distorted on a Note4.

Unfortunately I don't have a Note4 to test on, but they gave me a log file... and I have no idea how to read it. Anyone out there run into something similar? All they told me is "the video / view of the characters is completely distorted on Note 4."

Any ideas?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

scottmc87
Explorer
Was this for BUTTS: The VR Experience? This happens to me on the Note 4 with that. The characters are just pure scramble and stretch out all over the screen. It seems to be just the characters becuase if you look away, you can see the outside world.
Rig: Windows 10 | EVGA GTX 980ti Classified.| i5 6600k | 16gigs DDR4 3000mhz. DK2 (Owned) CV1 (Pre-Ordered) Vive (Pre-Ordered)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it is! Thanks scottmc87 that description helps a lot. Sounds like it might be the GPU skinning. I wonder if performance will be okay if I turn it off... I'll check it out.

scottmc87
Explorer
"SuppleTeet" wrote:
Yes it is! Thanks scottmc87 that description helps a lot. Sounds like it might be the GPU skinning. I wonder if performance will be okay if I turn it off... I'll check it out.

Not a problem man! If you need anymore information at all I can supply it. I'll pm you my email.
Rig: Windows 10 | EVGA GTX 980ti Classified.| i5 6600k | 16gigs DDR4 3000mhz. DK2 (Owned) CV1 (Pre-Ordered) Vive (Pre-Ordered)

Anonymous
Not applicable
It turned out to be the GPU skinning. I turned that off and Oculus confirmed it's fixed. Guess it's a Unity thing? Sucks for folks that actually need GPU skinning, and I will on my next project 😕

tmrhodes61
Honored Guest
I watched that! Impressive use of 3D!

Anonymous
Not applicable
"tmrhodes61" wrote:
I watched that! Impressive use of 3D!

Thanks!