cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlyInside CV1 Support

CrazyNorman
Protege
I'm having a lot of trouble getting in touch with anyone at Oculus so that I can obtain a CV1 kit ahead of time. I would very much like for FlyInside to support the CV1 at launch, but can't do so without a kit beforehand.

FlyInside fails the automated tests, as it requires 3rd party software to function (I can't just upload it in a .zip and have the automated tool run FlyInside). On the other hand, my numerous customers (many of which pre-ordered CV1) will vouch that FlyInside would be a great use of a recent development kit.

I would really appreciate the chance to speak to someone who can provide either a CV1, or early access to the 1.0 SDK. I don't want to keep my customers waiting once their CV1s arrive 😉
65 REPLIES 65

richhard1
Protege
"glen" wrote:
The difference here is that CrazyNorman doesn't want a CV1 (although I am sure he wouldn't say no if one was offered), what he wants is information on version 1.0 of the SDK and preferably access to it.

Cyber you have looked at every other thread on this forum so I am guessing you look at this one as well, surely you can say something, even if it is no.

Glen

And SDK 1.0 is no more, in fact its now SDK 1.1, soon to be 1.2 due to a few teething problems with the CV1, oculus have enough on their plate than to send out a broken SDK that probably isn't compatible with the DK2 any longer. I'm thinking the release of the CV1 is probably higher on their agenda right now.
I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE

Micu
Explorer
"glen" wrote:
The difference here is that CrazyNorman doesn't want a CV1 (although I am sure he wouldn't say no if one was offered), what he wants is information on version 1.0 of the SDK and preferably access to it.

Cyber you have looked at every other thread on this forum so I am guessing you look at this one as well, surely you can say something, even if it is no.

Glen

...yes, but richhard knows better ! 😉

richhard1
Protege
Please Micu :geek:
I do suggest that Cyber gets in this post to follow up on his questioning, or at least PM's him a sufficient explanation.
I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE

enzedda
Explorer
MMM.jpg
"richhard1" wrote:
Please Micu :geek:
I do suggest that Cyber gets in this post to follow up on his questioning, or at least PM's him a sufficient explanation.

That would be an exercise in futility, richhard :lol:

Maybe Micu should do as this guy has done:

Micu
Explorer
...I can do a bit better than that!...but thank you for your suggestion! lol 😄

Blue73
Explorer
I have to agree with what others have said, FlyInside is by far the best VR experience I've had. Flying over Canyonlands or the Grand Canyon with photo-realistic scenery in an ultralight is an incredible experience. I've never spent so much time with my DK2.

zl
Honored Guest
Just adding in my two cents, flyinside is the BEST experience out there on DK2 right now, would be a huge shame not to have it ready on CV1

enzedda
Explorer
For interest's sake. What do you think will be the most improved factor that you believe the CV1 will give you?

Obviously the DK2 and Flyinside/FSX give the BEST/greatest/ most wonderful experience etc etc... :roll:

So I guess that even if Flyinside is CV1 compatible what more will you be expecting?

What does the DK2 experience with Flyinside lack the most ?

Would you personally not purchase the CV1 if Flyinside could not be integrated with the CV1 and it's software?

Thanks

ClassicGamerNL
Expert Protege
"gamefan101" wrote:
FSX is far more than what it was when MS abandoned it due to enormous 3rd party support that continues to expand even in 2016.

There is a huge existing user base which has enormous ongoing investment in FSX, and a growing investment in Prepar3d (considered by some, to be FSX 2.0).

CrazyNorman has written a superb Rift DK2 integration for FSX and Prepar3D which breaths even more life into what is a hugely expanded flightsim platform.

FlyInside is one of the few fully functional Rift implementations available "right now" and should be considered a major showpiece for Oculus.

I do hope CrazyNorman gets the support he needs to bring CV1 to the flightsim enthusiast. (Myself included of course 😉

Do I see a Kickstarter for a new Flight Simulator?
We are all just human... share your respect and show your love.

Hornet
Protege
I have this:

and want CV1 🙂