Did you mean: 

CV1 specs

ennogs
Expert Protege
When will we be told the specs of CV1?
23 REPLIES 23

Percy1983
Superstar
I didn't think there where any specs left unturned, what are we missing?

I will say raw number specs don't always give a full picture, ie many saying the Rift and VIve have the same resolution, this may be true but resolution doesn't account for quality.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

agenttoff
Heroic Explorer
"Dreamwriter" wrote:
"PadraicB" wrote:
I can understand Oculus' reluctance.

Reluctance for what? Nobody in this thread has yet to explain which specs they want that aren't being given. Oculus has been pretty open about the specifications of the device and even how it was designed and built and why they made those decisions.

But how many jigahertz is it??? 😮

KBK
Protege
Trying to find place to pout this so a few people might see it, so I decided here might be fine.

Sony Xperia Z5 phone: 5.5" display, 4k resolution. That's 801 pixels per inch. So, the ability to 'physically' go to near 2k per eye, and have the eye adjustment (two sperate screens)..is basically here. However, it is complexity and weight issue. And contrast. And speed. OK, well, that's why you are seeing a custom OLED with the CV1. speed (Hz) and persistence, etc, those two are the critical factors and any standard form of an LCD panel is simply not going to cut it in those areas. The OLED is most like the DLP chip, which is favored (in older HMD's) for those sort of reasons. My point is that OLED can go to a finer pixel matrix than an LCD. And we see Sony hitting 801 pixels per inch with LCD technology. Ouch.

Regardless of the OLED vs LCD issue...I suspect we'll be seeing 2k (OLED) per eye by CV2. I suspect that it will be sooner rather than later.

This race is heating up fast, now that launch times are closing in...and initial market share in an emergent market is to be established. Such establishment of market share leads to a stronger fundamental position in follow up products, so this is critical.
Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?

kojack
MVP
MVP
"Dreamwriter" wrote:
Nobody in this thread has yet to explain which specs they want that aren't being given.

If the spec I mentioned above has already been given, could you point out where it is specified? I haven't seen it mentioned anwhere. The scaling factor to achieve 1:1 render target texel to panel pixel ratio in the centre of vision is a very important stat. Without it we can't tell what resolution the oculus sdk will be recommending to software. The cv1 panels are 1080x1200 each, but that's not what we render.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2