cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vive weight 555g. Rift weight 470g

VizionVR
Rising Star
Edit: According to this, Rift CV1 weighs 470g. Thanks to Kojack for providing link.
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comment ... vs/d0f4vzn

According to this post, Vive weight is 555 g without wires
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/ ... e_hmd_on_a

DK2 is 440 g without wires

So now can Oculus PLEASE post the weight of the CV Rift? It's only fair considering we already ordered them.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.
69 REPLIES 69

"vizionvr" wrote:
According to this post, Vive weight is 555 g without wires
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/ ... e_hmd_on_a

DK2 is 440 g without wires

So now can Oculus PLEASE post the weight of the CV Rift? It's only fair considering we already ordered them.

The weight and size of the Vive was always my biggest fear.

That and tripping over a cable when playing Tekken 8 😄
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

LKostyra
Protege
"vizionvr" wrote:

Nope, they probably cannot. NDA, confidentiality and other formal businessy stuff.
DK1: Received DK2: (Jan 26) Pending => (2nd Feb) Processing => (3rd Feb) Shipped => (6th Feb) Received CV1: (Jan 6) Pending Rig: i7 4770 / GA-Z87X-D3H / GTX 760 / 16GB RAM

Anonymous
Not applicable
The formal businessy stuff IS going to start losing them customers. It's getting ridiculous just how tight lipped they're being.

flyingsaucers
Expert Protege
They probably won't release it because getting into a pissing match in a g for g comparison is pointless and misleading. It's not going to take into account the engineering of the HMD, things like weight distribution and components.The Rift's "baseball cap" feel could be significantly more comfortable even if it's not all that much lighter, or, for all we know at this point, the Vive will turn out to be the more comfortable device (though I highly doubt it).

Anonymous
Not applicable
"flyingsaucers" wrote:
They probably won't release it because getting into a pissing match in a g for g comparison is pointless and misleading. It's not going to take into account the engineering of the HMD, things like weight distribution and components.The Rift's "baseball cap" feel could be significantly more comfortable even if it's not all that much lighter, or, for all we know at this point, the Vive will turn out to be the more comfortable device (though I highly doubt it).

A pissing match is one thing, but releasing enough information for people who are prepared to spend a considerable amount of money on their product to be able to make an informed decision on whether said product is right for them is another. Rift has been available for pre-order for the best part of two months. Vive isn't even on pre-order yet, but it still seems as though there are far more details available on Vive than Rift.

VizionVR
Rising Star
"notsram" wrote:
"flyingsaucers" wrote:

A pissing match is one thing, but releasing enough information for people who are prepared to spend a considerable amount of money on their product to be able to make an informed decision on whether said product is right for them is another. Rift has been available for pre-order for the best part of two months. Vive isn't even on pre-order yet, but it still seems as though there are far more details available on Vive than Rift.

This.

HTC has no limitations on review details since Vive Pres were released to the public. There are zero NDAs for Vive hardware reviewers now.

At this point in the game, product weight is hardly a trade secret, especially since we already ordered the items. Does Oculus plan to release this information ever? Or do we just keep guessing about things like this, and tracking, and Touch, and content...

What was the weight of the DK2? Everybody who has tried both says the CV is a lot less.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

VizionVR
Rising Star
"andyring" wrote:
What was the weight of the DK2? Everybody who has tried both says the CV is a lot less.

DK2 is 440 g without wires. "A lot less" tells us nothing. That's a ballpark estimate. 🙂

I'd think Oculus would be proud to announce their HMD weight.

Karmeck
Explorer
It might just be so that they don't know. And if they just guess you will be pist and call them liars if the numbers turn up wrong then you have rift in hand.