cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtualware For Your Virtual Lives

Madaras
Expert Protege
Now we've seen this in many games and consoles to date where you can make an avatar and buy clothing for them this is similar to the direction I'm thinking. Do you imagine we would live in a world where you could go to a website (like macy's or JC penny's) and buy some virtual cloths for wearing as you travel through the virtual universe. Carefully crafted 3D models made competing and selling. Do you think this could become an actual business? As back to my D&D thread I know many LARPers enjoy dressing up as a big part same as in a normal RP session and I know from my perspective if I can spend $5-$30 for a digital outfit that I can wear in any digital virtual environment, like physical cloths in the physical world, would be awesome. On that topic what would you think of other virtual wares, such as virtual homes where you can own a $4,000 in real life and own a $50,000,000 home in the virtual world where you can host parties and meet with family/friends.
27 REPLIES 27

geekmaster
Protege
"Madaras" wrote:
But this cake is special, I can bring it with me anywhere in the virtual world. I'll go to Skyrim and share it with one of my blood brothers, then because it's the special cake from the Matrix we'll likely end up in the barracks :twisted: :twisted:

Got the virtual "munchies", eh? 😉

Madaras
Expert Protege
"geekmaster" wrote:
"Madaras" wrote:
But this cake is special, I can bring it with me anywhere in the virtual world. I'll go to Skyrim and share it with one of my blood brothers, then because it's the special cake from the Matrix we'll likely end up in the barracks :twisted: :twisted:

Got the virtual "munchies", eh? 😉

Indeed. Brings back my old Star Trek Holodeck fantasies :mrgreen:

geekmaster
Protege
"Madaras" wrote:
Indeed. Brings back my old Star Trek Holodeck fantasies :mrgreen:

Kirito
Honored Guest
some people forget the rift is far from matrix like ( not yet)

Vin
Explorer

Madaras
Expert Protege
"vin" wrote:
I wants a real cool codpiece.

I hope you're staying on topic and talking about buying a virtual codpiece.

Vin
Explorer
"Madaras" wrote:
"vin" wrote:

Only if the virtual codpiece can be used in every game.

Madaras
Expert Protege
"vin" wrote:
"Madaras" wrote:
"vin" wrote:

Only if the virtual codpiece can be used in every game.

Maybe not every game, but in every universe within the Rift yes.