New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Australia! Are you Ready?

Comments

• DwayneDwayne Posts: 9
    Got my Shipping E-Mail on the 9th - Still nothing. :(
    Hope it comes soon!

I'm Adelaide, S.A. 47***
  • SMOK3YSMOK3Y Posts: 259
    OMG I got it this morn at 0800 Australia post. but I cannot play it as I have to work this arv & ill never get to sleep so am saving till tonight (well 0330 :()

th_DSC_0881.jpg

th_DSC_0880.jpg

th_DSC_0879.jpg

th_DSC_0878.jpg

th_DSC_0877.jpg
  • pczombiepczombie Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Got mine this morning guys order number 50738. its awesome half life 2 was my first game, that rocks :) res is crap, screen door is bad. But the immersion and the experience is fucking awesome!
  • PeterS25PeterS25 Posts: 6
    Got mine in New Zealand, currently at work cant wait to get home and give this a whirl! :)
  • tripat89tripat89 Posts: 2
    Where are other people getting them from? Any in adelaide im order number 53XXX and I dont know how much longer I can keep my face pressed against the window waiting for the postie
  • SawersadamSawersadam Posts: 49
    Same, same arrived this morning.... Work day is dragging!!!!
  • DayzDayz Posts: 19
    Loving all the reply's, It's only fair us Aussie's get some love.

Hope everyone has a great time rifting,,Peace to all.
  • People who are receiving theirs today.. Does it still say processing on your /sales? and also how many days did it take from processing to actually having the oculus at your front door? :P

I'm not certain about my order's status on the website (as I wasn't checking it very often), but I received the "Your order has been shipped" e-mail a few hours ago, about 30 hours after I received the Rift.

I ordered at the start of January, received the 'about to go into Processing' mail on the 9th on July, and had the rift in my hands on the morning of the 15th of July.

(And then had to wait until the evening to discover just how badly I had misinterpreted the SDK documentation. 'display width' measured in inches, not in pixels! Also, I'm going to be sending some feedback with corrections for the integration guide; it has some seriously incorrect sample code in it. It explains all the right concepts, but there are some big problems in the code it presents implementing those concepts. I recommend programmers look at the code for libovr, rather than look at the code in the integration guide, as libovr seems to work properly. I now have my rendered images converging properly, and tonight will be working on the distortion.)
  • REDRUMREDRUM Posts: 24
    Mines in New Zeland, or so the tracking code says, yet I am in Australia with a Melbourne delivery address....

Does anyone else in Melbourne have their tracking code? I'm curious to know if yours went from HK to NZ before delivery to Australia or if mines gone AWOL?

(I am hoping NZ was the fulfillment centre location and its not lost) :?
  • ZeroWaitStateZeroWaitState Posts: 110
    Hiro Protagonist
    OZ Devs time to get excited....

Notch up another arrival #052014

I have been checking the status every second day since the move from ready to processing mail arrived last week. No change this morning and no notification email until after the physical delivery.

Any one interested in attending the Brisbane gamming meetup focued on the rift this month, be aware the date has been bumped back a week or so.

http://www.meetup.com/Game-Technology-Brisbane/
    "I love the French language. I have sampled every language, French is my favourite - fantastic language, especially to curse with. ..... It's like wiping your arse with silk, I love it." - The Merovingian
    Got rift this morn & tracking order this arv :)
    SMOK3Y wrote:

Did your rift pass through NZ before coming to Australia?
  • ScorpyCFSScorpyCFS Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited July 2013
    49xxx arrived Adelaide today. :mrgreen:

First impressions. Resolution is terrible and things far away are obscured by pixel flash. Obvious screen door effect. Blurs a fair bit when turning head.
    It didn't blow my mind. I think the experience is on par with what everyone has been saying.

I wanted to get the negatives out of the way early. It is an exceptional device and when you put it on, it does give a 3d image, and that is reinforced by rotational tracking. When I say it is on par with my expectations, it's a good thing. I was aware that I was buying the early prototype with all of the bugs and problems but one very quickly realises that by the end of next year, we're all going to be playing something very special as the high def versions start hitting the markets.

I give the early prototype a 7 out of 10, and I have every faith that the consumer version will easily hit a 10/10.

Note: vestibular sickness... yep. But you just need to be smart about it. One's brain doesn't like two bits of differing information so stay in one place for a while and look around every now and then rather than racing around like a headless chook. I haven't found it something that has limited me yet and I've been in and out over the past couple of hours.
  • SixhitSixhit Posts: 4
    I'm in Brisbane and mine was delivered by an Auspost courier this afternoon, I got the original email about my order about to go into processing on the 9th then the processing email on the 12th and the shipping email this afternoon just after the order arrived. It now says shipped on the oculus website. Here's the tracking info from the Hong Kong post website:

Local Time: 16-Jul-2013, 17:42
    Mail Tracking

Outward Speedpost

Print friendly version

Item Number: EA179902015HK

Posting Date Posting Time Drop-off Point
    13-Jul-2013 20:55 Pick Up Service (Kowloon and New Territories)

Date # Location Delivery Status
    13-Jul-2013 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
    14-Jul-2013 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 14-Jul-2013
    15-Jul-2013 Australia Arrived and is being processed.
    16-Jul-2013 Australia Arrived the delivery office and is being processed.

# Location Date
    Enquire Another Item
    Wow that sucks, I live in Melbourne, all my details on the order page are correct and this is my parcel's tracking. :cry:
    I guess I will have to wait and see what happens, perhaps they gave me the wrong tracking number *fingers crossed*

13-Jul-2013 20:21 Pick Up Service (Hong Kong Island)

13-Jul-2013 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
    15-Jul-2013 New Zealand Arrived and is being processed.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,621 Volunteer Moderator
    I got the shipping email at 3pm today. Auspost tracking says it's in brisbane, but I didn't get it delivered today. (order 48725)
    So probably tomorrow (good side: I'm working from home tomorrow. bad side: huge amount of work to do, won't have time to do much until saturday).
  • PleXDPleXD Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Mine got delivered at 11am today. Order #52125.

Been using it on and off today. I have just Come down with the flu and motion sickness seems magnify flu symptoms 10 fold :(

Edit* I live in canberra.
    REDRUM wrote:
    SMOK3Y wrote:

Did your rift pass through NZ before coming to Australia?
    I'll check when I get home mate

Outward Speedpost

Print friendly version

Item Number: EA179901298HK

12-Jul-2013 20:51 Pick Up Service (Kowloon and New Territories)

12-Jul-2013 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
    13-Jul-2013 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 13-Jul-2013
    15-Jul-2013 Australia Arrived and is being processed.
    16-Jul-2013 Australia Delivered.

# Location Date
  • whoisonlinewhoisonline Posts: 415
    NerveGear
    got 2 new ones today .. but i couldnt wait a few months ago, I picked one up from ebay .. lol
    yes .. now i got 3 .. multiplayer :_)
    7am this morning my housemate found my rift package behind a large pot plant in the front yard.
    I've just gone back over security camera footage. Turns out an australia post worker turned up yesterday at 10:11am, put the rift behind the pot plant and left. Didn't ring the doorbell or anything. So my rift sat in my front yard for 21 hours.

Even more annoying when the box has an australia post sticker on the side that says: "Scan events required. Signature required."

The australia post tracking site still says it hasn't been delivered.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    kojack wrote:
    7am this morning my housemate found my rift package behind a large pot plant in the front yard.
    :shock:

I'm assuming a "pot plant" means something different in Australia.

In the US it would be very funny to be growing that in your front yard.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pot+plant?s=t
    pot plant
    — n
    a plant grown in a flowerpot, esp indoors
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Yes, I know what you meant. Just trying to make a joke.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • FritoFrito Posts: 924
    NerveGear
    Yes, I know what you meant. Just trying to make a joke.

I know. Just spreading knowledge. :)

Wikipedia redirected the term to houseplant and says:
    "Pot plant" redirects here. For the US English meaning of the term, see Cannabis (drug).
    So there's a good chance others were confused by it. :)
  • MehemetMehemet Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    :shock:

I'm assuming a "pot plant" means something different in Australia.

Depends where you are in Australia. My cousins front yard goes for acres (Plus, there are only 2 police within a day's drive).

Australia's a bloody big place with (compared to the US) a bloody small population.
    Or do it the canadian way, not just in your front yard but pave your driveway with it. :)

(Trailer Park Boys rocks!)
  • MangaCorpsMangaCorps Posts: 125
    Round 2
    {}\/{}anga
  • LeweegiboLeweegibo Posts: 11
    Hmmm?
  • Got the "processing" email this morning, the way this is going it might just arrive on my birthday :mrgreen:
    order #0627xx