Honored Guest
Anyone can maybe predict if USA is next? We need some love 😉
{}\/{}anga
64 REPLIES 64

ZeroWaitState
Honored Guest
OZ Devs time to get excited....

Notch up another arrival #052014

I have been checking the status every second day since the move from ready to processing mail arrived last week. No change this morning and no notification email until after the physical delivery.

Any one interested in attending the Brisbane gamming meetup focued on the rift this month, be aware the date has been bumped back a week or so.

http://www.meetup.com/Game-Technology-Brisbane/
"I love the French language. I have sampled every language, French is my favourite - fantastic language, especially to curse with. ..... It's like wiping your arse with silk, I love it." - The Merovingian

SMOK3Y
Honored Guest
Got rift this morn & tracking order this arv 🙂

REDRUM
Honored Guest
"SMOK3Y" wrote:

Did your rift pass through NZ before coming to Australia?

ScorpyCFS
Honored Guest
49xxx arrived Adelaide today. :mrgreen:

First impressions. Resolution is terrible and things far away are obscured by pixel flash. Obvious screen door effect. Blurs a fair bit when turning head.
It didn't blow my mind. I think the experience is on par with what everyone has been saying.

I wanted to get the negatives out of the way early. It is an exceptional device and when you put it on, it does give a 3d image, and that is reinforced by rotational tracking. When I say it is on par with my expectations, it's a good thing. I was aware that I was buying the early prototype with all of the bugs and problems but one very quickly realises that by the end of next year, we're all going to be playing something very special as the high def versions start hitting the markets.

I give the early prototype a 7 out of 10, and I have every faith that the consumer version will easily hit a 10/10.

Note: vestibular sickness... yep. But you just need to be smart about it. One's brain doesn't like two bits of differing information so stay in one place for a while and look around every now and then rather than racing around like a headless chook. I haven't found it something that has limited me yet and I've been in and out over the past couple of hours.

Sixhit
Honored Guest
I'm in Brisbane and mine was delivered by an Auspost courier this afternoon, I got the original email about my order about to go into processing on the 9th then the processing email on the 12th and the shipping email this afternoon just after the order arrived. It now says shipped on the oculus website. Here's the tracking info from the Hong Kong post website:

Local Time: 16-Jul-2013, 17:42
Mail Tracking

Outward Speedpost

Print friendly version

Item Number: EA179902015HK

Posting Date Posting Time Drop-off Point
13-Jul-2013 20:55 Pick Up Service (Kowloon and New Territories)

Date # Location Delivery Status
13-Jul-2013 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
14-Jul-2013 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 14-Jul-2013
15-Jul-2013 Australia Arrived and is being processed.
16-Jul-2013 Australia Arrived the delivery office and is being processed.

# Location Date
Enquire Another Item

REDRUM
Honored Guest
Wow that sucks, I live in Melbourne, all my details on the order page are correct and this is my parcel's tracking. :cry:
I guess I will have to wait and see what happens, perhaps they gave me the wrong tracking number *fingers crossed*

13-Jul-2013 20:21 Pick Up Service (Hong Kong Island)

13-Jul-2013 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
15-Jul-2013 New Zealand Arrived and is being processed.

kojack
MVP
MVP
I got the shipping email at 3pm today. Auspost tracking says it's in brisbane, but I didn't get it delivered today. (order 48725)
So probably tomorrow (good side: I'm working from home tomorrow. bad side: huge amount of work to do, won't have time to do much until saturday).
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

PleXD
Explorer
Mine got delivered at 11am today. Order #52125.

Been using it on and off today. I have just Come down with the flu and motion sickness seems magnify flu symptoms 10 fold 😞

Edit* I live in canberra.

SMOK3Y
Honored Guest
"REDRUM" wrote:
"SMOK3Y" wrote:

Did your rift pass through NZ before coming to Australia?

I'll check when I get home mate

Outward Speedpost

Print friendly version

Item Number: EA179901298HK

12-Jul-2013 20:51 Pick Up Service (Kowloon and New Territories)

12-Jul-2013 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
13-Jul-2013 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 13-Jul-2013
15-Jul-2013 Australia Arrived and is being processed.
16-Jul-2013 Australia Delivered.

# Location Date

whoisonline
Explorer
got 2 new ones today .. but i couldnt wait a few months ago, I picked one up from ebay .. lol
yes .. now i got 3 .. multiplayer :_)