cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back To Dinosaur Island 2 Crytek's Second Mind Blowing VR De

Thatiam
Protege
Back to dinosaur island 2 is Crytek's second installment of crazy VR dinosaur madness. This time there is a little bit of interaction afforded to the player & just like the first demo this is nothing short of amazing.

23 REPLIES 23

bigmike20vt
Visionary
wowsers that looks superb.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice mussmuss, thanks for the mini-review. 🙂

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Holy crap this demo is great! I like this one way better than the first because you have the option of stopping at any time and taking in the view.

Gotta love devs that do stuff like this.

It was click and play with 0.8 runtime 8-). Bravo Steam. If you have a DK2, you MUST try this!
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

maxpare79
Trustee
You guys noticed that at the end you see a PS4 controller?
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
"maxpare79" wrote:
You guys noticed that at the end you see a PS4 controller?

I took a better look and it is a generic controller outline with the analog sticks in the same spot as a PS4 or many other PC controllers. The handle grip part of the controller image isn't as round as the PS4 controller.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

przecinek
Rising Star
"ThreeDeeVision" wrote:
Holy crap this demo is great! I like this one way better than the first because you have the option of stopping at any time and taking in the view.

It was click and play with 0.8 runtime 8-). Bravo Steam. If you have a DK2, you MUST try this!

It's actually Crytech that made this demo 🙂 Anyways, kudos for a great demo and and kudos for making this demo public.

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
"przecinek" wrote:
"ThreeDeeVision" wrote:

It's actually Crytech that made this demo 🙂 Anyways, kudos for a great demo and and kudos for making this demo public.

I know, but I got it on Steam so I thanked them. I couldn't have ran it without Oculus either, so thanks to them too.

Percy1983
Superstar
I believe this supports liquid VR, will see if it works on my crossfire setup.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

ejz6837
Explorer
Let's get a hold of ourselves, it isn't that great. It gave me a neckache. However I would like to try it on CV1 to see the difference.