cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lucky's Tale 2016 Gameplay Trailer

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm really looking forward to playing this game!! 😄 It'll be the first game I play... Next week can't come soon enough!! 😮

23 REPLIES 23

Jose
Heroic Explorer
Looking forward to this game as well. Just hope that they don't tie the character's movement direction to the user's headlook direction. Herobound did that and it just felt really weird playing that game. The Adventure Time game controls were almost perfect. I hope Lucky's Tale controls like that. In a platform game, controls are everything.

Cosmic_Gate
Protege
Regarding the hard drive issue:

palmerluckey 414 points 6 hours ago
This is near the very top of our roadmap, but other features took priority for launch. Getting this working is non-trivial for a lot of reasons, but we will be getting it out ASAP. In the meanwhile, we are going to post some workarounds - we are still in the process of rolling out our support pages, don't take anything as final yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comment ... be/d18dw80

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't wait to play this! So glad that it comes packed in with the Rift because I was going to buy it anyway. After experiencing first-hand with Super Mario 3D Land how good 3D is for platformers this game is going to be amazing. Can't wait!!! 😄

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
"whoa182" wrote:
I'm really looking forward to playing this game!! 😄 It'll be the first game I play... Next week can't come soon enough!! 😮

How do you know you are getting a Rift next week or you talking about playing it on DK2?

Anonymous
Not applicable
"flyingsaucers" wrote:
"whoa182" wrote:
It brings back memories of playing platform games as a kid. The nostalgia... I really cannot wait to play this game, especially after this latest trailer 😛

Kinda has a Crash Bandicoot feel

Kinda looks like a hybrid between Crash Bandicoot and Banjo Kazooie.
I loved Banjo Kazooie, but never liked the linear level design of Crash Bandicoot. Nevertheless I'm sure I'll love this game. I normally prefer shooters and simulators, but I can appreciate a game like this as well. I think I'm one of the few people that enjoyed playing Knack on PS4, and I'm getting that vibe here as well, although Knack had nicer visuals.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Jose" wrote:
Looking forward to this game as well. Just hope that they don't tie the character's movement direction to the user's headlook direction.

I've heard the developers say that they've tried to avoid this as much as possible.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This Old School PF vibe, I love it !

The first time I saw this game, I found the fox odd, even a bit creepy

Good thing they did an adjustment, he's actually cute now 🙂

standtall007
Protege
"DannyMNL" wrote:
"flyingsaucers" wrote:
"whoa182" wrote:
It brings back memories of playing platform games as a kid. The nostalgia... I really cannot wait to play this game, especially after this latest trailer 😛

Kinda has a Crash Bandicoot feel

Kinda looks like a hybrid between Crash Bandicoot and Banjo Kazooie.
I loved Banjo Kazooie, but never liked the linear level design of Crash Bandicoot. Nevertheless I'm sure I'll love this game. I normally prefer shooters and simulators, but I can appreciate a game like this as well. I think I'm one of the few people that enjoyed playing Knack on PS4, and I'm getting that vibe here as well, although Knack had nicer visuals.

Hey i liked Knack too 😄 i just think people were expecting too much of a game similar to crash bandicoot, but i dunno 🙂
I also look very much forward to play Lucky's Tale, it is actually the main reason why i'm getting the Rift 😮 i love platformer's and i was trying to develop one myself for the DK2 but it was in 1st person instead, and watching this new trailer i can see why people mentioned that 1st person doesn't fit platformers 😄
ASUS Maximus VII Formula Intel core i7 quad core 4790K OC'ed @ 4.4Ghz 32GB DDR3 Ram Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 4GB Windows 10 Pro 64bit GSync Monitor @ 2560x1440, 144Hz ------------------------------------------- DK2 Owner CV1 Preordered.

maxpare79
Trustee
"lovethis" wrote:
"whoa182" wrote:

How do you know you are getting a Rift next week or you talking about playing it on DK2?

I don't see whats the fuss is all about, they said it would start to ship on March 28th, people like me who had a March estimate at checkout, will have their Rift next week... And with all the people cancelling their orders it can only get better for the April batch... I don't need anymore confirmation, tweets, post..
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Anonymous
Not applicable
"maxpare79" wrote:
"lovethis" wrote:
"whoa182" wrote:

I don't see whats the fuss is all about, they said it would start to ship on March 28th, people like me who had a March estimate at checkout, will have their Rift next week... And with all the people cancelling their orders it can only get better for the April batch... I don't need anymore confirmation, tweets, post..

Any more confirmation? I wasn't aware we'd had any as yet. If we had, nobody would be worried 🙂