New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

So, new layout...

Comments

• SprayzorSprayzor Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Can the font be smaller ?
  • RavereRavere Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    I think it looks nice. The "tiers of likes" seem a little unnecessary but perhaps this is the way of the future. Please Like Awesome and LOL this comment for more from me, Poodleskirt.
    Your Awesome!
  • Kr55Kr55 Posts: 55
    Brain Burst
    Can't pick the page of the thread without going in it and scrolling all the way to the bottom?  That's no good :expressionless: 
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,782
    Project 2501
    You get notifications on the top right corner of the screen as well which is cool...still is 100 times better then Reddit :-) 
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 [email protected], 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
    Project 2501
    Kr55 said:
    Can't pick the page of the thread without going in it and scrolling all the way to the bottom?  That's no good :expressionless: 
    You can page numbers are on the top right once you enter a thread
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 [email protected], 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • NokiBENokiBE Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    Kr55 said:
    directly under the first post of the thread starter you can, forces you too read it before replying
  • agenttoffagenttoff Posts: 325
    Trinity
    Zooming chrome out to 75% makes it a little better, but I don't like the narrow fixed width.  Guessing it's more convenient on the Rift?
  • NexiousNexious Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    The layout seems big.  I am guessing they want people to be able to see it while they are using the Rift.  Is there any way to change the picture that is attached to the username?    All in all its good.  :)
  • snappaheadsnappahead Posts: 2,302
    Trinity
    So, they decided to cut and paste reddit? Interesting choice. I can't say I'm a big fan TBH.
    i7 3820
    16 gigs of Ram
    GTX 780ti
    Project 2501
    Sprayzor said:
    Can the font be smaller ?
    CTRL+mousewheel ;)
  • vrcovervrcover Posts: 209
    Brain Burst
    Vanilla forums is pretty cool but still a bit odd choice for a busy tech forum.
  • r00xr00x Posts: 389
    Nexus 6
    It feels a bit sort of "noisy". Like the visual content is difficult to sift through. The old forum was way easier for my light-sensitive meatballs to understand.

Oh well, the like/dislike features are cool I guess.
  • GizuGizu Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Loving the Awesome and LOL features :)
  • altaresaltares Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Congrats! Looks gud!
    Project 2501
    Alright now that it is done lets all go hit F5 repeatedly on our order history page and be done with it :-).
  • LKostyraLKostyra Posts: 263
    Indeed the layout is different, however I'll give myself some time to get used to it and then draw an opinion.

Overall it looks like it gives some handful of new features - drafts, like/dislike/awesome/lol, emoticon suggestions etc. Let's see how it works for the next week. :)
    DK1: Received
    DK2: (Jan 26) Pending => (2nd Feb) Processing => (3rd Feb) Shipped => (6th Feb) Received
    CV1: (Jan 6) Pending
    Rig: i7 4770 / GA-Z87X-D3H / GTX 760 / 16GB RAM
  • VizionVRVizionVR Posts: 3,022
    Wintermute
    edited March 2016
    I'm liking the auto draft save. No spell check tho. Edit: edit works. :) Edit edit: No sentence spacing?
    Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.
  • BendakBendak Posts: 60
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2016
    I don't mind the layout itself. I just find the fonts for the post bodies and titles to be a little big. Too much unnecessary scrolling. I'm sure there's a chrome addon somewhere that can change that for me.

The like/dislike/awesome/lol thing is neat. 
  • NokiBENokiBE Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    maxpare79 said:
    Alright now that it is done lets all go hit F5 repeatedly on our order history page and be done with it :-).

according to most posts they're halfway trough sending confirmation of the backers i'm saving my f5 for saterday or monday. guessing they'll work overtime for launch
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 776
    Neo
    Where are all the developer sub forums? Really hope thats not gone
  • Im still undecided. But happy to see the forum back up and operational 
    Project 2501
    edited March 2016
    VizionVR said:
    I'm liking the auto draft save. No spell check tho.
    No there is spellcheck...trust me I am french Canadian, it works just fine lol, unless it's Chrome that has a built-in spell check...never researched this
  • whoa182whoa182 Posts: 381
    Trinity
    Looks good to me :) 
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • Zimtok5Zimtok5 Posts: 14
    I remember loathing the Oculus logo when it first hit.  Give it time... this will soak into your bones, I'll bet.
  • CleaveCleave Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I feel like I'm zoomed in, have to lean back in my chair to read posts 
  • bullardo916bullardo916 Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Changing forums is always painful but, personally this is not that bad. 
    Wintermute
    edited March 2016
    No sentence spacing? Just wall of text? Test edit: yep. Doesnt drop down for new paragraph.
  • LeftStepLeftStep Posts: 55
    Hiro Protagonist
    Well, it's sleek - that much is certain.  I can get used to it!  ;)
    ~ Beside You In Time ~
    Project 2501
    VizionVR said:
    No sentence spacing? Just wall of text? Test edit: yep. Doesnt drop down for new paragraph.
    Works fine....and where is Cyber, he should welcome us in his new home lol...
    Wintermute
    Not working for me. I'm on android tablet.