So, new layout... - Page 4 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

So, new layout...

Comments

• Keiran3927Keiran3927 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Just checked on my phone, and the mobile version is actually way better than the desktop version, strictly because the headers are a standard line in height rather than the 2 line thick black bars sitting over a 1 line comment. The headers also aren't black, they're just a normal white background with the poster's name as a link, which is a relief. I've been browsing this new forum for 5 minutes or so and the high contrast is already giving me a headache, it's like trying to read a book written on the side of a neon zebra.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,467 Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Am I missing something, or is there no indication of threads that I've posted in when looking at the topic list? I liked that feature.

I know I can click the "bookmark" star to keep track, but it was handy to see at a glance if there was any new action in a thread I'd participated in.

Also, it's kind of weird how small the font is when I'm typing versus the humongous font after posting.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,718 Valuable Player

Its a bit high contrast... scrolling quickly is giving me a headache

and after all the hard word on my avatar... it's just ended up a bit small and ineffectual, not unlike my last sexual experience

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)
  • BOLLBOLL Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    Spontaneous feedback. I view this at 75%, that seems to work well on a desktop for me. The stark contrast hurts my eyes a bit but I'm sensitive to that so it might be fine for the general population.
  • HappyHimitsuHappyHimitsu Posts: 990
    Art3mis
    edited March 2016
    Yeah I'm definitely not a fan of this. The alternating black and white lines make me feel all sorts of weird (I have a disorder which results in certain patterns and colors making me dizzy and sick).  
    Not sure I'll be spending much time on this forum if this is how it must be, not sure I will be able to!

Edit: Yup, if I can't at least change the contrast and colors here I can't stay on this forum. I tried sticking it out but now I feel all f***ed up and dizzy. No good!!! ><
    I will try fiddling with the color settings in NCP and hopefully come up with something manageable. Feel like I shouldn't have to do that to make the forum usable though....  
    “If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.”
    (~I really gotta remember this shiz~)
    ― Yogi Bhajan
  • notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    maxpare79 said:
    notsram said:
    Don't like this at all. Massive fonts, garish layout. Looks more like the forum for a boy band than for a tech product.

Tried on my mobile earlier too, and looks even worse. Also, doesn't seem to be any way to find out who/when the last post on a thread was without actually going into it.?
    On pc you see it Nostram....it's written in small characters bellow the thread title
    Yep. Visible on PC, but not on my mobile.
  • CleaveCleave Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    maxpare79 said:

This is what I see on Chrome win10 2560x1440
    That wall of white is a bit much.

I'm using the same Res. and having to minimize the browser to avoid wearing sunglasses.
  • ThreeDeeVisionThreeDeeVision Posts: 2,087

Anyone able to quote at the moment?  It doesn't seem to be working in IE11.

i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,778
    Project 2501

Works fine on Chrome...you don't want to hear my thought on IE lol
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 4770k@4.3, 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
    Yeah, we only get to use IE at work or I would be using chrome.
    i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified
  • VizionVRVizionVR Posts: 3,022
    Wintermute
    VizionVR said:
    Not working for me. I'm on android tablet.
    It's working on my Android phone. We also tested on iOS. Which device do you have?
    Galaxy Note 10.1 The next sentence you read will be dropped to the next line: Test. This is a new line of text.
    Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff

The quote works, but sometimes it doesn't scroll the window to the bottom automatically. So after you click quote, just manually drag the window to the bottom. We will look into fixing this.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Project 2501
    VizionVR said:
    VizionVR said:
    Not working for me. I'm on android tablet.
    It's working on my Android phone. We also tested on iOS. Which device do you have?
    Galaxy Note 10.1 The next sentence you read will be dropped to the next line: Test. This is a new line of text.
    Nope it continued right after your :
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 4770k@4.3, 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • BrianKrBrianKr Posts: 20
    NerveGear
    I like the new layout!
    Moderator at http://VRTalk.com - Virtual Reality Discussion Forum
  • HappyHimitsuHappyHimitsu Posts: 990
    Art3mis
    I tried changing things around and I can make things manageable by turning brightness, contrast and gamma down as far as they can go in NCP, but it still isn't what I would call "comfortable".  I'm a little surprised at the decision actually, especially given all of the various research Oculus must certainly have been digging into regarding the various potential effects certain extremely high-contrast patterns can have on the optical system and brain.  

Also, I am on a 4k monitor and the actual forum part of the site is approximately 25% of the screen down the middle. Am I possibly stuck on a mobile version, or is this the way it is supposed to be? 
    “If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.”
    (~I really gotta remember this shiz~)
    ― Yogi Bhajan
    Project 2501
    Well as someone said...for the higher resolution desktop, like mine and the 4k out there you can run your forum in a side window and it lets you tons of real estate on the rest of your screen to do something else which is kinda nice..

I can click the 'Quote' link and it stays highlighted until I click the comment window at the bottom, but it never brings the quoted text with it.  I can click and drag the 'Quote' link into the comment window, but then it just links back to the quote instead of showing the quoted text.  If I double click that link in the preview window, it takes me back to the original quoted text, but I don't have the ability to add anything to it.

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 570
    Neo
    MikeF said:
    Where are all the developer sub forums? Really hope thats not gone
    There's a drop-down menu on the right lower hand panel. It will say "Community". Just click the down around and choose "Developer". There are also different languages sections there as well.
    ah, thank you
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,467 Volunteer Moderator
    So I noticed that time zones seem to work now. In the old forum, I could set my timezone, but it would always revert to UTC. Now it's showing me post time stamps in my local time zone, but I can't find anywhere to set my time zone like before. Preferences in my profile page just gives me Notification Preference options.

Does it automatically decide what time zone I'm in by my IP address? Will we get more user-definable settings in the future?
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    Good 'ol IE hahahah
    I am just happy to have the forum back.  Reddit wasn't cutting it whatsoever.
    Project 2501
    I am just happy to have the forum back.  Reddit wasn't cutting it whatsoever.
    Same here...I hate hate hate reddit....it looks like something that was made in the 90s and everything is a bloody mess
  • scottmc87scottmc87 Posts: 81
    Hiro Protagonist
    Wow this is......uh...............yea.
    Rig: Windows 10 | EVGA GTX 980ti Classified.| i5 6600k | 16gigs DDR4 3000mhz.

DK2 (Owned)
    CV1 (Pre-Ordered)
    Vive (Pre-Ordered)
  • tranceology3tranceology3 Posts: 804
    3Jane
    edited March 2016
    I couldn't log in to my account on my android phone, just wen't into a loop.
    Now using my PC.
  • No me gusta... :(
  • BaishanBaishan Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2016
    I actually prefer how the mobile version looks on desktop. You can use browser extensions to override the user-agent. This what it looks like in firefox with half screen width browser (1080p).

http://s8.postimg.org/acdtzeso5/Screenshot_2016_03_24_19_01_04.png
  • KarmeckKarmeck Posts: 28
    Same thing here, but it logs you in tho. I used the menu on the left to sign in. After that it just loops.
  • benplacebenplace Posts: 768
    Neo
    edited March 2016
    I actually like it the more I use it, easy to read, and I like the reactions and highlighted number of new messages.  Good job Cyber!
    Project 2501
    Yeah been here an hour and gotta say I like it now lol...especially the little popups on the bottom left that tells you when someone posted in a thread you are participating...neat feature for a multi-tasking person like me :-)...it's almost like a live chat now :-)
  • crim3crim3 Posts: 385
    Nexus 6
    edited March 2016
    I'm having lots of fun wih the likes/dislikes functionality! :D :D