cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, new layout...

maxpare79
Trustee
Will get some use to, looks more like a mobile site now then a desktop site...
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner
188 REPLIES 188

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Yeah, we only get to use IE at work or I would be using chrome.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

VizionVR
Rising Star

VizionVR said:

Not working for me. I'm on android tablet.

It's working on my Android phone. We also tested on iOS. Which device do you have?

Galaxy Note 10.1 The next sentence you read will be dropped to the next line:

Test. This is a new line of text.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

cybereality
Grand Champion

Anyone able to quote at the moment?  It doesn't seem to be working in IE11.

The quote works, but sometimes it doesn't scroll the window to the bottom automatically. So after you click quote, just manually drag the window to the bottom. We will look into fixing this.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

maxpare79
Trustee

VizionVR said:

VizionVR said:

Not working for me. I'm on android tablet.

It's working on my Android phone. We also tested on iOS. Which device do you have?

Galaxy Note 10.1 The next sentence you read will be dropped to the next line:

Test. This is a new line of text.

Nope it continued right after your :
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

BrianKr
Explorer
I like the new layout!
Moderator at http://VRTalk.com - Virtual Reality Discussion Forum

AnotherAtreyu
Protege
I tried changing things around and I can make things manageable by turning brightness, contrast and gamma down as far as they can go in NCP, but it still isn't what I would call "comfortable".  I'm a little surprised at the decision actually, especially given all of the various research Oculus must certainly have been digging into regarding the various potential effects certain extremely high-contrast patterns can have on the optical system and brain.  

Also, I am on a 4k monitor and the actual forum part of the site is approximately 25% of the screen down the middle. Am I possibly stuck on a mobile version, or is this the way it is supposed to be? 
“If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.” (~I really gotta remember this shiz~) ― Yogi Bhajan

maxpare79
Trustee
Well as someone said...for the higher resolution desktop, like mine and the 4k out there you can run your forum in a side window and it lets you tons of real estate on the rest of your screen to do something else which is kinda nice..

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar

I can click the 'Quote' link and it stays highlighted until I click the comment window at the bottom, but it never brings the quoted text with it.  I can click and drag the 'Quote' link into the comment window, but then it just links back to the quote instead of showing the quoted text.  If I double click that link in the preview window, it takes me back to the original quoted text, but I don't have the ability to add anything to it.

i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

MikeF
Trustee

MikeF said:

Where are all the developer sub forums? Really hope thats not gone

There's a drop-down menu on the right lower hand panel. It will say "Community". Just click the down around and choose "Developer". There are also different languages sections there as well.

ah, thank you

nalex66
MVP
MVP
So I noticed that time zones seem to work now. In the old forum, I could set my timezone, but it would always revert to UTC. Now it's showing me post time stamps in my local time zone, but I can't find anywhere to set my time zone like before. Preferences in my profile page just gives me Notification Preference options.

Does it automatically decide what time zone I'm in by my IP address? Will we get more user-definable settings in the future?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo