cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And so it begins...

Anonymous
Not applicable
https://twitter.com/alextactac/status/713351329943588865

I wonder how long after launch before someone tries to sue Vive for damage/injury caused whilst in VR?
21 REPLIES 21

JakemanOculus
Heroic Explorer
I am more looking forward to cables being ripped out of PCs in room scale applications.

dead4sure
Adventurer
This and PTSD. Unfortunately you can't factor out stupidity/accidents!

EliteSPA
Superstar
I want to see the article about, "Man punches wife with his Vive touch controller" 
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

EmberFox
Protege

So much for that chaperone feature xD

Anonymous
Not applicable

EliteSPA said:

I want to see the article about, "Man punches wife with his Vive touch controller" 

Man claims, 'honesly, the camera wasn't turned on'!

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
This is one possible weakness of Chaperone.  The system will advise you that a boundary is coming up - whether you can stop in time as you pass the boundary is another issue entirely.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

Radamanthys
Explorer
No problem, the Vive controller survived all is ok 😛

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
VR can get very expensive if your not carefull.

JohnJ
Protege

Zoomie said:

This is one possible weakness of Chaperone.  The system will advise you that a boundary is coming up - whether you can stop in time as you pass the boundary is another issue entirely.

True. I've hit a wall with my hands during a Vive demo.