cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I'm spending my weekend...

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a four day weekend here in the UK.

I still haven't heard anything about my March shipping date.

So, my schedule for the weekend is going to be something like...

Check bank account details.

Check Rift order page.

Check email.

Ignore girlfriend nagging me that we need to go food shopping NOW.

Check Rift order page.

Check email.

Drink more coffee.

Check Rift order page.

Check email.

Check forums/Reddit for more info.

Check Rift order page.

Check email.

Tell girlfriend for the eighteenth time that I'll be off my PC in a minute.

Check Rift order page.

Check email.

etc. etc.

It's going to be a long weekend!!!!

118 REPLIES 118

VizionVR
Rising Star
"Seconds of research",eh? Where did you look? In your cupboard? 😛
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I refuse to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself!

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
I have found that a slight alcohol buzz helps my VR legs a bit, and I haven't even tried ginger.  2-5 beers or 1-2 double Vodka drinks and my brain loves being in VR.  Anything over that is risking motion sickness though. 
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

maxpare79
Trustee
Totally unrelated but spent my day finishing this.... been building it for a year...snow storm outside so, between the F5, I did the final touch on it :smile: 

That will be my problem with room scale lol...too much stuff on display in my basement...over 500 optical fibers in that one

h7b6vcnvtet3.jpg5g416v52iko3.jpgfz8qoyjv54ex.jpgqsjo0ai3a34n.jpg1ykwuverqoaf.jpghlmzf8psyryh.jpg
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

VizionVR
Rising Star
WHOA! Max! That's beautiful, man!
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

maxpare79
Trustee

VizionVR said:

WHOA! Max! That's beautiful, man!

Thanks now the next 2-3 months building a stand for it lol....with the 2 kids and VR on the way, these type of projects take a long time to finish...

Man I can't wait to be retired rofl, just 18 more years to go
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar

Hey Max, that is SWEET!  I am a fellow Star Wars junkie.  A few weeks ago I finally got my Saberforge dueling saber.  I don't know if any of you have seen Saberforge sabers, but they are amazing.  I am pretty sure I could actually defend myself with it hahahaha!  I would love to link it but my work blocks photobucket 😞

i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found that a slight alcohol buzz helps my VR legs a bit, and I haven't even tried ginger.  2-5 beers or 1-2 double Vodka drinks and my brain loves being in VR.  Anything over that is risking motion sickness though. 

Wow, I am the complete opposite. Whenever I had a good buzz going on from drinking the nausea kicked in way faster. I thought alcohol would fix the sickness because you wouldn't be fully aware, but to me it just made it worse. 

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar

Something about that window is my sweet spot, anything over that and it is pretty much instant nausea.

EliteSPA
Superstar
WOW! Awesome man! I want it! 

Btw you already bought a bicycle for VR?  😛
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz