cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And so it begins...

Anonymous
Not applicable
https://twitter.com/alextactac/status/713351329943588865

I wonder how long after launch before someone tries to sue Vive for damage/injury caused whilst in VR?
21 REPLIES 21

dead4sure
Adventurer
Would it not be wise to set the boundaries short of actual physical objects to avoid exactly that from happening? I understand that this limits the space but if it's a decision that stops you from damaging yourself or expensive equipment...

przecinek
Rising Star
This guy's space was 3x3 meters which is roughly 10 x 10 feet. When I read the topic I though he had a much smaller playspace than that. 65 inch TV ain't all that cheap. Ouch!

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is a bummer. I guess in the meantime he will have to watch movies on a 165" TV in VR.

Now we need some type of hard foam to cover TVs. 

VizionVR
Rising Star
Didn't read the article. Let me guess, Space Pirate Trainer?
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
My bet is on some sort of sword simulator.  Judo CHOP!   :'(
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

GtAwyFrmMyRamen
Adventurer
JakemamOculus That's actually what I've been most concerned about! I've been trying the think of easy methods to reinforce both my PC and HMD side of the cord so If I accidentally pull on them too hard nothing snaps.
Normal thought for a runner who's lost 20+ earphones from simple tugging over time.

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
I heard there is some sort of breakout box for the Vive that would release the chord before ripping it out of the PC.  You could even anchor the breakout box to be double safe.  I think I will mount my breakout box to my desk somehow, so it should be impossible for me to damage the PC.  Even if the Rift doesn't have something like that, it is possible to anchor your cable and leave some slack to the PC to get the desired effect.

Another key thing is to play either barefoot or in socks so you can feel the chord.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ThreeDeeVision Yea the break out box helps the cords disconnect so it wont damage the PC. I read a user who pulled on the cables while in the Vive and they just disconnected from the box. 

LyleD
Protege
something to be said about not using room scale

VizionVR
Rising Star
Breakout box comes with double stick tape pad.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.