cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closeup with Vive lenses (image)

Karmeck
Explorer
http://imgur.com/a/5gPLC

Not my images. Shows some screen door effect. But I was told then the image move and you move it become less obvious.
30 REPLIES 30

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
Seems very noticable if you're specifically looking for it.  But then...Don't look for it, plus movement, plus some willing suspension of disbelief plus the Rift being marginally better....Is it really an issue?

Welby
Adventurer
I have the Vive PRE and no,the SDE isn't an issue.

I have tried the CV1,and again no.. the SDE isn't an issue anymore. Yes you can eventually see it but definitely not when you're paying attention to the game.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Trigonometry... This unknown.... If you really want to have an idea of the SDE of the Vive (and also the Rift) you only have to watch a 42" full hd TV from the distance of 1 foot. The SDE may be a little smaller but the aliasing will be the same (if you have tv of another dimension and whant to know the distance from which to watch just make the proportion).

maxpare79
Trustee
Well I believe it was last week leaker that said that the VIVE SDE was still present just thinner lines and really not an issue, no big deal...
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

dead4sure
Adventurer
Totally wouldn't bother me at all! I'd say that image quality looks quite nice actually! 😃

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
Holy hell.  That looks fantastic.  If the Rift has even equivalent optics, I'm going to be VERY happy.  
I know it has to be more pronounced than we're seeing on our computer screens, but from all reports there's a very fine black grid overlaid on the Vive, and the Rift looks like a slight light/dark pattern instead of fine lines.

And this is just the beginning.   😛
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
When you said there was somke screendoor i expected worse, i didn't even notice it at first glance and even when i did, it doesn't look too bad.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I'm not sure how accurate these images are compared to having the lenses close to your eyes but it's looking promising. I am more concerned with how blurry the image is when you're looking at distant objects and off center of your focus. This is more apparent when watching video/movie based content though.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

VizionVR
Rising Star
On Reddit there's a lot of back and forth speculation about how accurate any of this is. I wont believe a word till @ThreeDeeVision gets both HMDs and does a hands-on comparison for us.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.