cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closeup with Vive lenses (image)

Karmeck
Explorer
http://imgur.com/a/5gPLC

Not my images. Shows some screen door effect. But I was told then the image move and you move it become less obvious.
30 REPLIES 30

maxpare79
Trustee
As Vizionvr said In ThreeDeeVision we trust lol. I will take the word of someone that I had numerous discussion with, and that seems totally unbiased over some random post/picture on reddit...
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

agenttoff
Heroic Explorer
Is it typically so blurry?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zoomie said:

Yes and no.  Zoom the photo of the holodeck arch.  You can clearly see the SDE there.  This gives a sense of the width of the SDE compared to pixel size. You can also get a feel for the focal 'sweet spot' of the Vive, which looks similar to the DK2, at least for me.

I know, but this only if you want to compare the SDE of the two HMD. But the most here doesn't know the amount of the SDE of DK2. They only see an SDE barely noticeable and they make a wrong  idea of the SDE that they will see in the Vive.

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Any blur in those images could be caused by the lenses, it would be impossible to simulate what your eye will actually see when you put on the HMD.  The center of the image looks nice and crisp though, which would probably be the sweet spot in the lens where your eye sits.  I like what I see, looks like a big step up from the DK2 in pixel density.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

crim3
Expert Protege
Even in a DK1 through the lenses captures look a lot better than what you see while wearing the headset.

Percy1983
Superstar
Interesting, as others I will wait for a none paid source who has both to give an opinion.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

galopin
Heroic Explorer
I manage to see sde in imax projection on greyish white surface 😞 live with it, sde is part of vive cv1…

Choronzon
Adventurer
As @Zoomie says, screendoor is real problem looking at stuff far-distance (and it's annoying mid-distance). Close-up is fine, even with DK2. But if screendoor is simply replaced by some sort of mild blur that masks screendoor then the concerns about quality will remain.

DLC1
Expert Protege
again...after having tried the vive first hand, I looked for the screen door and while you are In the VR game/demo it just wasn't there....I think you all are worrying too much about it....they wouldn't release a consumer product with that big of a flaw... they would be blasted by thousands of pissed irritated buyers......when you all get your headsets I think you all will be pleasantly surprised.

Synthetic
Rising Star
way too much pixels and SDE

its why im waiting..... waiting ... waiting... at least thats what im telling myself but I seem to have Multiple brains