cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No pre-orders shipping until Wednesday...

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, Palmer Luckey is now saying they'll start shipping midweek - most likely Wednesday.

Not too sure how to feel about this. It doesn't directly affect me, seeing as I'm all but sure I'm not in the first batch, but on the other hand, it's hugely disappointing for those who are in the first batch and got excited by him saying four days ago that the first pre-orders were already shipping.

Looks as though not many people are going to be getting their Rift this week...

*edit* I suppose we should at least be happy we're getting some information, even if it's not particularly good news 🙂
50 REPLIES 50

maxpare79
Trustee
Oh well... Like you said at least we have some news. He says that even if it ships Wednesday we will have it this week, but I am guessing he is talking about US orders. I don't think I will receive mine until next Monday.
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

dead4sure
Adventurer
Oh that's a bummer!

So right now there's one guy with a Rift CV1? :smiley:

Did he say he had a PC at home to run it?

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
I don't get it, what's so terrible about people starting to receive their preorders this week? They promised they would start shipping out on Monday, but some people are even receiving theirs on Monday, so it's better than they promised.

gagtoon
Protege

I don't get it, what's so terrible about people starting to receive their preorders on Wednesday? That's the earliest anyone should have expected them to start arriving, when they were shipping out on Monday.

Start SHIPPING on Wednesday...

Anonymous
Not applicable

their shipping wednesday, and they'll be here friday probably, so yeah it sucks, so technically q2, very very sad indeed, we all had our hopes up, and instead of shooting us down early, they kept giving us hope, i dont know how to feel about it, definitely know im not happy about it,

maybe they'll do next day air and its still in march, but we'll see

at this point my excitement has gone very low, to the point of even when i get it i wont be excited anymore

the crazy thing is we pre ordered a whole month and a half before the competitors hmd, yet they are going to get it delivered first, that's just nuts

EliteSPA
Superstar
We need to know what is going to happen from people outside of the US.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
I still don't get it, what is terrible? What aren't you happy about? Why aren't you excited? We are getting them starting on Monday, they are starting to arrive this week. They never promised anything faster than shipping out in March, starting in the 28th, yet some people are actually receiving theirs today, earlier than they promised. Are you people seriously suggesting that this news that you will get yours a few days later than you (for whatever reason) hoped is the worst thing ever??

Vega55
Explorer
Dreamwriter, you've been told already - they start SHIPPING on Wednesday. Also, who is exactly receiving the Rift today that you are referring to?

UPD - ok, PL says KS backers will receive on Monday. Well, we shall see.

Anonymous
Not applicable

no kiks are getting them monday, peple who barely payed, us the people who fully payed have to wait till april 1 or 2 or 4

we are upset because they said monday the 28th they would start shipping, but now its estimated wednesday, key word "estimated"

another reason we are upset is because they toyed with our emotions by twittering that deliveries start monday for kiks and pre's, which isn't the case at all, only kiks get it

i understand kiks supported them by half of 600 or so, but they really royally screwed us full paying customers with these kiks, i know for sure, next time i buy a hmd im going with htc

some of us had vacation pre planned and now ruined, or terrible weeks, with the rift being the saviour to relieve us of our cun* co workers