cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No pre-orders shipping until Wednesday...

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, Palmer Luckey is now saying they'll start shipping midweek - most likely Wednesday.

Not too sure how to feel about this. It doesn't directly affect me, seeing as I'm all but sure I'm not in the first batch, but on the other hand, it's hugely disappointing for those who are in the first batch and got excited by him saying four days ago that the first pre-orders were already shipping.

Looks as though not many people are going to be getting their Rift this week...

*edit* I suppose we should at least be happy we're getting some information, even if it's not particularly good news 🙂
50 REPLIES 50

Dreamwriter
Rising Star

Vega55 said:

Dreamwriter, you've been told already - they start SHIPPING on Wednesday.

Yes, and? What is that statement in referral to? Can you point to where I said otherwise in the statement you are responding to? The ones that start shipping out this week start arriving this week, that isn't bad news in any way that I can think of. As for who exactly is receiving them today, how have you missed that many people who got free preorders are receiving them starting today? Heck, it was mentioned in the very tweet that spawned this thread.

Vega55
Explorer
Yes, I've updated my post. Still, we'll wait and see.

NokiBE
Explorer
Like 100% of europe has easter, the earliest shipping for us would be tuesday. Not so bad I guess. This way US cant get to far ahead on eve.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Wow 1st world problems guys. Take a step back and get some context. We are talking a few days extra
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

TheRedComet
Protege
At least people have some idea of when their order is shipping. Support is absolutely useless and can't tell me anything about my order. 

LordJuanlo
Protege
Not all Kickstarters are on the first shipments, I guess most US folks are, but as far as I know, there isn't a single European Kickstarter who will receive their Rift today.
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community

comixcroz
Expert Protege

infamouz said:

their shipping wednesday, and they'll be here friday probably, so yeah it sucks, so technically q2, very very sad indeed, we all had our hopes up, and instead of shooting us down early, they kept giving us hope, i dont know how to feel about it, definitely know im not happy about it,

maybe they'll do next day air and its still in march, but we'll see

at this point my excitement has gone very low, to the point of even when i get it i wont be excited anymore

the crazy thing is we pre ordered a whole month and a half before the competitors hmd, yet they are going to get it delivered first, that's just nuts

You can't be serious right?  You should probably step back a bit and look at the bigger picture.  I waited at the website to make my order at the open of pre-order.  I got my order in within 10 to 30 seconds and got a confirmation on the screen in front of me.  I never got the email though and I kept waiting for it to come.  It turns out my order was never "processed" and I had to re-pre-order it.  By the time I knew (that the first one didn't take), it was around 11 pm that night and I have a May shipping date.  I would be so stoked to hear it was shipping on wednesday.  

Maligator
Protege
Comical that someone is so butt hurt about orders shipping two days after the day he *thought* (read "hoped") his unit would ship. Two days is enough to push him to another brand regardless of if it's better or not and more expensive? Funny stuff.

And then to complain that people who put good money into kickstarter when it was little more than a hope and dream years ago are getting theirs first just because he ordered when it was a sure thing years later.

I'm not a kickstarter, though I wish I even knew about it back then because I would have. I was hoping mine would ship today too, but I won't lose any sleep over it as it was never PROMISED to ship on any particular date at all. Who the heck schedules a vacation around a product release without a promised ship date anyway? Get a grip!

maxpare79
Trustee
Guys it could be worst, we could have a Paper launch like they do with gpus meaning they are launching but you really can't find it anywhere... God I hate GPU launch
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

comixcroz
Expert Protege

infamouz said:

no kiks are getting them monday, peple who barely payed, us the people who fully payed have to wait till april 1 or 2 or 4

we are upset because they said monday the 28th they would start shipping, but now its estimated wednesday, key word "estimated"

another reason we are upset is because they toyed with our emotions by twittering that deliveries start monday for kiks and pre's, which isn't the case at all, only kiks get it

i understand kiks supported them by half of 600 or so, but they really royally screwed us full paying customers with these kiks, i know for sure, next time i buy a hmd im going with htc

some of us had vacation pre planned and now ruined, or terrible weeks, with the rift being the saviour to relieve us of our cun* co workers

Wow - and I thought your first post in this thread was bad....

Now I know you're an adult and have co-workers.   :#