cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No pre-orders shipping until Wednesday...

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, Palmer Luckey is now saying they'll start shipping midweek - most likely Wednesday.

Not too sure how to feel about this. It doesn't directly affect me, seeing as I'm all but sure I'm not in the first batch, but on the other hand, it's hugely disappointing for those who are in the first batch and got excited by him saying four days ago that the first pre-orders were already shipping.

Looks as though not many people are going to be getting their Rift this week...

*edit* I suppose we should at least be happy we're getting some information, even if it's not particularly good news 🙂
50 REPLIES 50

AHeckman
Expert Protege
i for one am a supporter of the original KS types getting a free CV1.  without them this never would have taken off, and their investment when the product and concept was damn near a moon shot should pay off.  Still not exactly pleased that per-orders won't ship till Wed, but it's still better than a kick in the junk.

VizionVR
Rising Star
What is type of shipment? Next day? Two days? Ground? I ask because a two day shipment that goes out Wednesday could be a fun weekend for many many folks. But a ground ship means that many wouldn't get theirs till Monday next week. How many sick days do you suppose will be called in? 🙂
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

onejeremias
Honored Guest

VizionVR said:

What is type of shipment? Next day? Two days? Ground? I ask because a two day shipment that goes out Wednesday could be a fun weekend for many many folks. But a ground ship means that many wouldn't get theirs till Monday next week. How many sick days do you suppose will be called in? 🙂

I believe it ships two-day.

As for disappointment regarding late shipping, maybe there's a least a tiny silver lining. I think I remember reading somewhere that the NDA for the Rift is completely lifted today at 10AM EST? Maybe we will see a flood of reviews and comparisons online today? Would be nice to finally see some real info.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I totally agree that Kickstarter backers should get theirs first 🙂

Quick heads up. Looks as though Canadians have to pay import fees (KS at least. Pre-orders 'may' have import fees built in to the cost).

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4c9p3r/get_ready_for_those_import_fees_canadians/  

Dizzyreaper
Honored Guest
i pre-ordered mine in February so i could get eve will i be receiving mine this week also since i remember reading somewhere if you pre order with eve your oculus will be in the first wave 

przecinek
Rising Star
Many KS backers already got their shipping numbers so that means their orders are already on their way. So the launch date (28th) is true. It is Q1 launch after all. Pre-orders are shipping in March so Wednesday and even Thursday are fine.

SOTBMP
Protege
@Dizzyreaper - In the first wave will be (or - are) Kickstarter backers.
In the second one will be those who preorder in first 15 minutes when preorders starts January 6th.
In the third... etc. etc.

Sarlin
Adventurer

So when we pre-ordered and got a "March" Ship date... it said "March" right not March 28th?  Sorry forgot to screen shot it.  Wednesday is still March on my calendar.  Now if only we could get an idea who's Rifts are shipping Wednesday.... That is what I'm dying to know...

EliteSPA
Superstar
I should love to know when are they shipping each batch? how long should we wait for the next batch?
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with EliteSPA, I feel strongly for those of you in the March batch that got pushed back two days as I know how despite it not being a huge delay would still be a very minor let down if I was in that boat, but being a member of the April batch due to the day one glitch, it is beyond frustrating that I will likely never know until mine ships when to expect it.  Is it the start of the month, the very end, who knows at all.  No one in subsequent batches have absolutely any time frame to go from outside of an entire month date.  I really want to see them nail down those time frames a little bit.