cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No pre-orders shipping until Wednesday...

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, Palmer Luckey is now saying they'll start shipping midweek - most likely Wednesday.

Not too sure how to feel about this. It doesn't directly affect me, seeing as I'm all but sure I'm not in the first batch, but on the other hand, it's hugely disappointing for those who are in the first batch and got excited by him saying four days ago that the first pre-orders were already shipping.

Looks as though not many people are going to be getting their Rift this week...

*edit* I suppose we should at least be happy we're getting some information, even if it's not particularly good news 🙂
50 REPLIES 50

weasel47
Heroic Explorer

i pre-ordered mine in February so i could get eve will i be receiving mine this week also since i remember reading somewhere if you pre order with eve your oculus will be in the first wave 

If you pre-ordered in February, you'll probably get it in July.  That estimate should have been right there on the page when you pre-ordered.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll be delighted if mine ships on Wednesday, seeing as I'm one of the March pre-orders who hasn't had the 1-3 weeks email yet (hoping for it today!).

I'm not complaining at all about them finally giving some shipping info. What is annoying is that Palmer Luckey said pre-orders had started to ship last week, which was blatantly untrue.

I'm going to assume that Wednesday is a 'ballpark' date 🙂

jxburros
Expert Protege

I'm happy to have the info!  However, with all that Facebook money, I feel like they should've known about the delay a long time ago.  I would be less mad if they'd told me a few weeks ago.  I mean, they took preorders almost 3 months ago.  Come on.  I highly doubt that they just found out that there would be a delay.

VRgin - CV1 (March shipment)

Zoomie
Expert Trustee

notsram said:

I totally agree that Kickstarter backers should get theirs first 🙂

Quick heads up. Looks as though Canadians have to pay import fees (KS at least. Pre-orders 'may' have import fees built in to the cost).

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4c9p3r/get_ready_for_those_import_fees_canadians/  

The receiver must pay the duties or taxes on the package.  Duties should be included in the shipping like they were with the DK2.  Taxes are inevitable.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm grateful to Palmer for starting the age of VR, but so far his company seems a bunch is amateur. 

jxburros
Expert Protege
Their logistics manager should be fired.  Honestly, that's pretty much my only gripe about Oculus.

jaimi
Expert Protege
My tracking info shows my Rift sitting at UPS waiting to be put on a truck for delivery - Been there since Saturday. Should be here today.

jxburros
Expert Protege
Let's hope it actually goes on the truck.  Around here, if it's not on the truck by 5:30am, they forgot it.

jaimi
Expert Protege

jxburros said:

Let's hope it actually goes on the truck.  Around here, if it's not on the truck by 5:30am, they forgot it.

Yeah, I'm getting worried. Unfortunately its being sent "Signature Required", so I'm going to need to wait for it after lunch. If it doesn't show up, I'll need to do the same thing tomorrow. 😞

jxburros
Expert Protege
If it ships today and you aren't there, you can call them by (I think) 6pm, and they'll hold it at the distribution center for you.