cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No pre-orders shipping until Wednesday...

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, Palmer Luckey is now saying they'll start shipping midweek - most likely Wednesday.

Not too sure how to feel about this. It doesn't directly affect me, seeing as I'm all but sure I'm not in the first batch, but on the other hand, it's hugely disappointing for those who are in the first batch and got excited by him saying four days ago that the first pre-orders were already shipping.

Looks as though not many people are going to be getting their Rift this week...

*edit* I suppose we should at least be happy we're getting some information, even if it's not particularly good news 🙂
50 REPLIES 50

przecinek
Rising Star

Atmos73 said:

HTC gave away hundreds of units to Developers and Youtubers but the official launch to paying customers remains April 5th.

The official Rift launch has been pushed back because they haven't started shipping to paying customers.

Depends really how you define 'launch'. From what I know Devs and Youtubers got Vive-Pre not the "official" Vive.  I think of launch as an "officially available" thing. I'm pretty sure NDA also was set to expire today. We might get first unboxing video if one of the KS backers will be bothered to actually do it. To me it sounds like a launch 🙂
If you think of launch in terms of product being delivered to 'paying customers' then that's fine - we will have to agree to disagree 🙂

jxburros
Expert Protege
A product launch is when a product hits the market and is available to consumers.  Whether you consider the KS consumers or not is the real question.  But since nobody can actually buy the product yet, I'd consider the launch delayed, unless the process payments today.
VRgin - CV1 (March shipment)

Doom_Marine
Honored Guest
I pre-ordered just now and says Expected release date is July 2016. I wish I preordered in january but didnt have the funds. I checked ebay as well but wow people are actually selling these for 1400. If I needed a new pc I could get the asus bundle with oculus rift for 1500. I hope the early adopters get their's soon and enjoy.

shim2
Adventurer

I pre-ordered just now and says Expected release date is July 2016. I wish I preordered in january but didnt have the funds. I checked ebay as well but wow people are actually selling these for 1400. If I needed a new pc I could get the asus bundle with oculus rift for 1500. I hope the early adopters get their's soon and enjoy.

You should have pre-ordered in Jan, considering they haven't charged anyone who has pre-ordered yet.

SkyG22
Honored Guest
Pre-ordered day one less then 30 minutes... no confirmation email yet.  Though they can take as long as they want.... First VR headset that sits on my front door is the one I keep. If the Vive beats them here.. you never know. lol. 

Also gives me time to buy the new Nvidia card........ 

Strydeon
Explorer
I got the 1-3 week email and crossing fingers that I will be wearing it on my 40th bday.  Of course the kick starters need to get theirs first.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SkyG22 said:

Pre-ordered day one less then 30 minutes... no confirmation email yet.  Though they can take as long as they want.... First VR headset that sits on my front door is the one I keep. If the Vive beats them here.. you never know. lol. 

Also gives me time to buy the new Nvidia card........ 

I'm leaning that way too. I got my confirmation email inside 15 minutes, so I was expecting to be one of the first batch. However, I've heard nothing more, so looks as though I'm not.

Speculation, yet again, but if the first batch of Rifts are shipping over the next three weeks, that takes us to roughly April 20th. I'm (hopefully!) in the next batch, meaning I 'may' get mine at the backend of April. My Vive pre-order is scheduled for early May... Now, maybe the second batch of Rifts wil ship quicker than that, or maybe the next batch of emails will go out fairly quicky, but if they don't, there's a high chance my Vive will be charged first. Unless any of the reviews change my find, whichever one I get charged for first is the one that I'll be keeping.

SkyG22
Honored Guest
Strydeon said:

I got the 1-3 week email and crossing fingers that I will be wearing it on my 40th bday.  Of course the kick starters need to get theirs first.

nice... considering I have a preorder confirmation email at 8:08 am on 1/6 and have heard nothing lol.... when did you all get yours on 1/6... 8:01 to 8:07 am???? Lol

Strydeon
Explorer

SkyG22 said:

Strydeon said:

nice... considering I have a preorder confirmation email at 8:08 am on 1/6 and have heard nothing lol.... when did you all get yours on 1/6... 8:01 to 8:07 am???? Lol

I got mine at 8:02 and number 25xxxx

KBK
Protege
What I'm most concerned about at this time, is that if Oculus uses the total in Canadian dollars from the pre-order time (they stated the fee in exact numbers)...the US to Canadian dollar exchange rate has changed enough that when I am finally charged for the rift CV1, I'll be paying them approximately $80 to $100 too much.

I suspect that they will fix that and I'll be charged the given exchange rate on the very day they actually charge the given credit card..... but that is not clear at this time.

Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?