cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home Apps Tested with DK2

Anonymous
Not applicable
As DK2 users test out Oculus Home apps for compatibility please post results here so other DK2 users know what works and what apps may not work with DK2.

Thanks

Edit:

Reported to work with DK2;
  • Oculus Dreamdeck
  • The Body VR
  • Colosse
  • Henry
  • Lucky's Tale
  • Farland
  • Elite Dangerous
  • Chronos
  • ADR1FT
  • EVE: Valkyrie 
  • Dreadhalls
  • Gunjack
  • Airmech
  • Blazerush
  • Jaunt
  • Subnautica
  • Lost
  • Invasion
  • Technolust 
Reported to NOT work with DK2;
  • None reported thus far..  🙂

Note: XBox Controller is required. There are reports of some XBox emulating controllers working.
102 REPLIES 102

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus Dreamdeck seems to work just fine!!

cybereality
Grand Champion
An Xbox Controller or Oculus Remote is required to use Oculus Home.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Body VR is working well with DK2..

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
Like @cybereality said, you need an XBox controller or the remote.  I happen to have an XBox controller already.

Btw, Lucky's Tale installed fine but I'm having trouble with Henry and Oculus Dreamdeck.  They reach the full download then fail to install.  Any suggestions cyber?
EDIT: Worked after a few tries.  I had more success using the desktop app than doing it from within Home.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zoomie said:

Like @cybereality said, you need an XBox controller or the remote.  I happen to have an XBox controller already.

Btw, Lucky's Tale installed fine but I'm having trouble with Henry and Oculus Dreamdeck.  They reach the full download then fail to install.  Any suggestions cyber?

I know in Dreamdeck I had to take the headset off and go into the library on the PC to install further content.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just plugged in my PS3 controller and it works fine. Now if I can only figure out how to link my Elite Dangerous account to oculus home.

charlton_3393
Heroic Explorer
For the last 2 hours I've tried:
  • Lucky's Tale
  • Henry
  • Oculus Dreamdeck
  • Colosse
  • The Body VR
They all work really well surprisingly on my DK2 and my old 7950, that ATW must really help, My favorite so far is Lucky's Tale OMG it is so beautifully made! Oculus Home works very well to, loving the layout!

I can play Lucky's Tale on high settings with no visible frame drop, GPU works at about 70% and doesn't get too warm 🙂 other Apps though the GPU does start to push it obviously 😉
Specs: - Windows 10 Pro x64 OS - ASRock H87 Performance Motherboard - Intel Core I7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell Processor - Reference Radeon RX 480 GPU - 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM

godwisper
Expert Protege
am eager to press the buy button for chronos 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the last 2 hours I've tried:
  • Lucky's Tale
  • Henry
  • Oculus Dreamdeck
  • Colosse
  • The Body VR
They all work really well surprisingly on my DK2 and my old 7950, that ATW must really help, My favorite so far is Lucky's Tale OMG it is so beautifully made! Oculus Home works very well to, loving the layout!

I can play Lucky's Tale on high settings with no visible frame drop, GPU works at about 70% and doesn't get too warm 🙂 other Apps though the GPU does start to push it obviously 😉

Thanks for the input. Keeping the Original Post updated as apps are reported.

Steffen
Protege
I installed the new software and have downloaded some of the apps that shuld work with dk2 but all I get is orange light from the diode that needs to be blue and I can not se the store in my dk2. Using Windows 7, anyone else have this issue?