cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.3 on the DK2, experiences.

wundram
Protege
I just installed the 1.3 runtime for use with my DK2 and wired razer (xbox 360) controller.   It all worked great.  You can only get so far in the hardware setup process, but if you click the "skip" button it works great.   Although there was no chance to input settings for the camera height, or the IPD.  So I assume the defaults are working good enough.

The store/library software works great, and is huge improvement over other systems for VR and launching software.   The controller integration works fine with a non xbox one controller.    But you do need some kind of controller.  You have to press the A button to move past the warning screen when launching apps.

I tried some of the concepts, and the Jaunt app.  All work fine.  The Jaunt app feels like watching a movie on an OmniMax at the museum.  

I noticed an interesting scale issue.  When watching the "house party" VR video, all of the people appeared to be super short and small.   But if I stood up (I was sitting), all the sudden they were the right size.   If I watched them while standing, it looked like they were growing before my eyes.   It seems that your apparent eye height relative to others, and your current configuration (sitting, standing, etc..) have a lot to do with how you determine scale, especially of other people.

Anyway, even with the DK2, this software makes it a whole new experience.  I can't wait to try the Vive and CV1 when they arrive.  :smile: 

84 REPLIES 84

LKostyra
Protege

Synthetic said:

Why don't you just grab it from Oculus Home, might save you some headaches?

Diddnt know.... have to go to frontier store..... get partner keys.... claim oculus key.... then redeem key in new store

walah saved money

dont know what the people that only have it on steam will do... Incoming a billion posts about it :tired_face: 

Well, if you have it only on steam, what is the issue?

I had my copy bought on Steam, however I could go to Frontier Store, log in through my Elite account and get a key for Oculus Home there (just did it). No problems whatsoever.
DK1: Received DK2: (Jan 26) Pending => (2nd Feb) Processing => (3rd Feb) Shipped => (6th Feb) Received CV1: (Jan 6) Pending Rig: i7 4770 / GA-Z87X-D3H / GTX 760 / 16GB RAM

godwisper
Expert Protege
elite dangerous works flawlessly now 🙂

Synthetic
Rising Star
just ANOTHER install of Elite wont harm you!!! aussie internet will be done with it in about 5 hours 😞

Kuraika
Expert Protege
How do I redeem a key in Oculus Home?

Synthetic
Rising Star
top right cog > settings >redeem

Im now trying to add Project cars too..... however steam doesnt give me a key.... sweet

Lusca
Expert Protege

Lusca said:

kuabi said:

Anyone try Elite Dangerous yet? I'm stuck at work waiting to go home and try it....

Just gave it a quick try and working great. Joysticks still work ok, so no need to get a xbox controller, at least for this. Time to re-install voice attack me thinks. Just now waiting for a update from DCS World and i'll be happy.

You notice any difference in frame rate or judder or such things? What graphics setting in Elite did you use? I'm using VR High. Haven't noticed much diff since switching over to the official ED luancher from Steam (ie. no SteamVR).

Actually, I do notice it being smoother. No noticeable judder at all for me at this point, whereas before I would sometime see a bit. The frame rate looks like it's gone up because things appear clearer. I never tested my frames previously though. And the better frame rate may also be because I've moved over from SteamVR.

From what I've seen Oculus has done a very nice job. Frontier/Steam made me jump through a few hopes top get to the point where I could launch separately, but I got there.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cant get Elite Dangerous to launch in the Rift. I installed Elite Dangerous to Oculus Home. and when I launch from oculus home it tells me to remove the headset and and login, I do that and press play and launches SBS on my desktop. What did I do wrong? lol

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Where can you find your elite Dangerous serial Key again? I've totally forgot since I last placed the key in Steam.

maxpare79
Trustee

STRICK9 said:

Cant get Elite Dangerous to launch in the Rift. I installed Elite Dangerous to Oculus Home. and when I launch from oculus home it tells me to remove the headset and and login, I do that and press play and launches SBS on my desktop. What did I do wrong? lol

My guess is launch the edlaunch.exe directly from the Oculus/software/Elite folder, do your registration, enter the verification code and then close it...go back in Oculus Home and try launching it again
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Bloodlet
Rising Star
Wow! simply wow!

Took three pc reboots to get everything working with the DK2, but damn!

If the Oculus Dreamdeck is anything to go by the we are in for one hell of a future. That alien looks so damn real and really freaky the way he follows your movements.

Not tried any games yet...working my way up to them 🙂

Can't wait to see what improvements the CV1 makes because this is already a huge improvement with the DK2.

Congratz Oculus you did an excellent job 😉