cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable "Your computer doesn't meet Rift's recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home?

BigRobCoder
Explorer
Just got my Rift, using an older overclocked CPU. I know it is not one of the recommended CPUs, but it works just fine with all the apps I've tried so far. Is there any way to disable the "doesn't meet recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home (which is present in VR as well as on the desktop window)? It's very annoying.
195 REPLIES 195

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, I saw that on a couple of reviews (That you could not turn it off). I am going to have the same problem, since I have OC i5-3570k. Hopefully they will fix it in the future. But as of right now, they say you cannot turn it off.

Popopinsel
Expert Protege
You can do this:

1. Open regedit and go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0".
2. Change the value "ProcessorNameString" to e.g. "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz".

This will might be reverted by Windows upon next reboot so you better make a .bat or .reg file and place it on your desktop or inside the Start Menu Startup folder.

BigRobCoder
Explorer
Thanks! I'll definitely give that a try.

Popopinsel
Expert Protege
No problem, working fine here. I've got an i5-2500k @ 4.2 GHz and wanted to get rid of this message was well 😉

Mark_Nader
Honored Guest

No problem, working fine here. I've got an i5-2500k @ 4.2 GHz and wanted to get rid of this message was well 😉

I've got a 2500k and looking forward to playing with the Rift. I've got mine at 4.6ghz, so I'm glad to hear 4.2 works great. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for this tip! I'm sick of seeing the message already about my i5-4278

Anonymous
Not applicable
I changed it for all four cores in the registry but still get it, likely because the DK2 uses USB 2. Good to know how to fix it when my CV1 arrives!!! Thanks again!

BigRobCoder
Explorer
The registry trick worked great for the processor, thanks! The Rift compatibility tool now shows it in compliance.

Unfortunately, I still get the message in Oculus home because of a USB controller on my system (I bought the USB3 card that Oculus recommended and it works fine with the Rift, so don't know why the tool thinks there's a problem). I'm trying to rename the USB controller in the registry too to fool the compatibility check, but no luck yet.

Popopinsel
Expert Protege

The registry trick worked great for the processor, thanks! The Rift compatibility tool now shows it in compliance.

Unfortunately, I still get the message in Oculus home because of a USB controller on my system (I bought the USB3 card that Oculus recommended and it works fine with the Rift, so don't know why the tool thinks there's a problem). I'm trying to rename the USB controller in the registry too to fool the compatibility check, but no luck yet.

Do you have any other (incompatible) USB 3.0 controllers installed like an Etron or Intel one from your motherboard? You could try to uninstall or disable these in Device Manager.