Honored Guest
I have uninstall old runtime.
I have run ccleaner 
download the 800MB file, 
shows:
Installing...
Restart Computer.
Sorry, ... contact Oculus support.

I have run the instalation in admin mode.

I dont find Oculus in AppData/Local

32 REPLIES 32

tappa
Honored Guest
Windows 7 Entreprise Service Pack 1
64-bit.
It is a workstation with 64GB and 2 GTX-980 and 6 cores.

tappa
Honored Guest
Windows is up to date.
I have the latest NVIDIA driver.

Popopinsel
Expert Protege
tappa,

did you customize any Windows service? Here the disabled Windows Firewall service was the culprit: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/349120/#Comment_349120

tappa
Honored Guest
No, nothing special. I have been able to run all DK2 demos, I was a beta tester for EveValkiri.
The only problem that I have some time with this computer is that I have to run some application in Admin mode. (not DK2)

tappa
Honored Guest
Dont give up on me...

jramsey
Honored Guest

I have the same issue.  "OVRLibrarian.exe exited with code 7 (failure)".  I have Windows Firewall settings that are not under my control as they are controlled by a Group Access Policy setup by our IT department.  Not sure if the are related, but I am unable to get anywhere with my install.

Gandaman
Honored Guest
I'm running into the same issue with no resolution.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please uninstall McAfee completely. I've heard of issues when this software will conflict, even if you think you told it to disable. ZoneAlarm and Comodo are also problematic as they always run in the background, even when "disabled".
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

tappa
Honored Guest
The problem WAS McAfee. I have install home. THANKS for the support!

Popopinsel
Expert Protege

jramsey said:

I have the same issue.  "OVRLibrarian.exe exited with code 7 (failure)".  I have Windows Firewall settings that are not under my control as they are controlled by a Group Access Policy setup by our IT department.  Not sure if the are related, but I am unable to get anywhere with my install.

If there are Windows Group Policies applied to your PC then there's a bazillion things that could prevent a successful installation, from security to network permissions, AppLocker policies or what else not.

You can view all applied Group Policies like this:
1. Open up a command prompt (right click on the start menu icon or WIN + R and type cmd).
2. Type gpresult /h %temp%\gpresult.html
3. Open Windows (File) Explorer and in the address bar type %temp% and hit enter.
4. Look for gpresult.html, open it and try to find policies that prevent application installations or their execution.

I would assist you on reading and interpreting gpresult.html but it might contain sensible information about your company's IT infrastructure, so please don't post it here unless you know you're allowed to.