cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Off Your Rift Setup [Photos Inside]

cybereality
Grand Champion
So, some people may have received their Rifts today. Many more will receive this week and beyond. I figured I'd kick off a thread for people to post photos of their new Rift or their Rift setups. I'll start with mine.

This is just the Kickstarter Edition box. Nothing you probably haven't seen before, but still such an impressive looking box. Hats off to the design team for coming up with something so sleek.

ij5xj5xx6cwo.jpg
vkwc648865af.jpg
f3zojibzsn8h.jpg

This is a flexible tripod arm I got to mount the tracking sensor on. You may not know, but the sensor twists off at two lengths, one at the base and one almost at the top. I screwed it off the top thread and attached it to this $15 flexible tripod.
http://www.amazon.com/Smatree%C2%AE-Ajustable-Gooseneck-Extension-Cameras/dp/B00MWNYGUS

9s8nbihrjir5.jpg
aoshatigiazg.jpg
uibhtbfdnexl.jpg

Just went through Dreamdeck and some of Dead Secret. It's so good. I've even done Dreamdeck at least like 3 or 4 times before, but somehow it was just way better finally seeing on my home rig. The part with the alien almost seemed real. Can't wait to try some of the other content for longer sessions (as for work I can usually only test for shorter periods).

Please feel free to share your setup too!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
232 REPLIES 232

Anonymous
Not applicable
Jelly to the max man!! Have fun with it 🙂

Radamanthys
Explorer
This is my setup, that's a DK2... My country is not listed... This is a protest. 😉 eheh
I really hope i dont have to wait until 2017 to get my hands on the CV1 :#

Synthetic
Rising Star
o4uv30hqavsp.jpg17lk3l3ho0w4.jpg

my setup for DK2

bit of standing room there... I got another 2 spare rooms to set up if I need more room

ZeroThreat
Protege
Nice Sensor mount Cyber. Gonna use that idea too so I can attach it on the side of my desk. I don't have much desk real estate available. Great tip! I'll update with pic once I get my rift, I'm a 27er

Now, I wish there was a type of oculus rift stand.

sambeckett
Protege
Old Dk!
zui60ver0hv9.jpg
New computer is ready!
rxmcc6kosskm.jpg
We are waiting & ready to make some Youtube game reviews!
n4r797z42384.jpg

K33L
Protege
Hey cyber, what length of hdmi and usb extenders and all do you recommend, or anyone who has it all set up, just when you all get some time to respond please!

jxburros
Expert Protege
I'm not setting up my space until the Rift ships.  Right now my PC makes a really good $850 Netflix box.
VRgin - CV1 (March shipment)

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a flexible tripod arm I got to mount the tracking sensor on. You may not know, but the sensor twists off at two lengths, one at the base and one almost at the top. I screwed it off the top thread and attached it to this $15 flexible tripod.
http://www.amazon.com/Smatree%C2%AE-Ajustable-Gooseneck-Extension-Cameras/dp/B00MWNYGUS

*woah woah woah*

No joke, you just made my day. I would have had no idea that was possible until, at best, I had my CV1 unboxed.  
I have my 2 monitors mounted so center of the primary 27" is at center of my view when seated, and the other monitor angled in on the right also mounted the same way. They extend out just a foot and a half from the front of the desk, right behind the keyboard and mouse. I had no idea how the heck I was going to transition from webcam style camera to the desk stand. Clicking, buying, thanking you!!!

cybereality
Grand Champion

K33L said:

Hey cyber, what length of hdmi and usb extenders and all do you recommend, or anyone who has it all set up, just when you all get some time to respond please!

So extenders aren't exactly officially supported as depending on the quality or length it could introduce additional latency or just not work at all. However, I'm using 10 foot passive HDMI and USB extenders and they seem to work working fine for me.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JJ517VI
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C7SA21U
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV