Order Status Updates? - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Order Status Updates?

Comments

• HargertHargert Posts: 37
    For me it is simple, I was attempting to order from the minute it went live. It took me 34 minutes to get it to go through due to issues with the website. I also ordered the Vive within the first hour, I have a notice that I am in the second batch and will be shipping mid to late April. If my rift order does not make April I will most likely cancel. I agree with everyone that not telling folks is a bad idea. If you are not able to do what you said tell people early and be open. This just say nothing just gets people all worked up.
  • tranceology3tranceology3 Posts: 804
    3Jane
    Remember everyone, who got a shipping email (1-3weeks), if nothing changes with your order tomorrow (Wednesday), don't freak out! You have already been told how long the wait (delay) can be - up to 3 weeks!
  • ryan5508ryan5508 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    The lack of open communication from oculus has me ready to cancel my order and sit VR out for a while. For a new company to be so standoffish to there new customer base is just bad business in general. Just a simple statement on the status of the Rift would go a long way for everyone involved. oh and 26 and waiting blindly.....
  • PilatosPilatos Posts: 6
    I´m with 264XXXXX from Germany and haven´t heard anything yet.
    I would be relieved If I would get the 1-3 week mail but it is not happening ...
  • watanoyanwatanoyan Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    Wednesday is here !  All we need an ANSWER !
  • notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    Wednesday morning here in the UK and I've heard nothing more. Although, of course, it's barely past midnight in the fabled land of Oculus, so although I was hoping for an email over night, I wasn't really expecting one, We'll just have to wait and see what transpires later today.

I still think the movement of the shipping date was to cover up some sort of problem, which they're hoping to have sorted out by today. Just depends on what that problem is/was. Could be anything... a minor bug in the ordering software, a bug in the Rift firmware, a distribution problem, a quality control issue or they've simply not got the stock levels they anticipated and are working out how to break the news.

It's early in the morning here and I've not yet had my coffee so I'm pessimistic. I wouldn't be at all surprised if a further delay is announced at some point today, or, more likely given recent form, there'll be a deafening silence until at least tomorrow.

Here's hoping I'm wrong!!! :)
  • PowerboyPowerboy Posts: 95
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2016
    Im really tired of this silence.. I got order after 16 min from start.. I havenr mail and support advice to become one thing with F5. All this hype is not good guys...
  • SUBZer0VRSUBZer0VR Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    Guess more waiting...........
    Order# 613XXXX33XXXXX  ordered at LUNCH Time 12:XXPM CST 1/6/2016

Tales we have ALL been told:
    *Missed price mark $$$ (understandable regarding premium product) = #1
    *Not transparent and out right upfront regarding March 28th shipping to the masses = UGLY slap in the face #2

Hey Oculus Team,

This is a square transaction not a 'dope' deal gone bad!  Please work on the communication factor.  Most are asking due to they believe!!  

Please stop leaving brown butt stains on a New Brand.  Because right now for me regarding Oculus Rift #2 or CV2 really will not even be considered due to business practices from CV1.  

Just watching for a nice meatball across the plate come tomorrow WED 3/30 for a HOMERUN (direct email/communication).  However, it may more than likely be a knuckle curve ball!       
  • FocuxFocux Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    I really hope there's some communication today... I'm worn out from the suspense honestly.
  • aiaustinaiaustin Posts: 80
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2016
    UK, 613000026XXXXX, confirmation e-mail was received at 08:09am on launch day but its content did not mention a delivery estimate. Not heard anything since.  I have not seen any "1-3 week e-mail" to date.
  • ColdRemSColdRemS Posts: 24
    NerveGear
    edited March 2016
    Exacltly same here, France, 613000026XXXXX no news since confirmation email.
    I'm still hoping for some good news today though ;)
  • AHeckmanAHeckman Posts: 214
    Art3mis
    they are about to miss Q1 shipping date they promised, and we are about to be subject to a whole new wave of "ball park" jokes, hell i might toss in a few myself just for good measure. 
  • AHeckmanAHeckman Posts: 214
    Art3mis
    All the time Oculus say nothing, there's less chance of people cancelling and either waiting for retail or pre-ordering the Vive.

Be honest, if Oculus announced all pre-orders were running a month or more late, how many would jump ship?

Speculation again, but with zero communication from Oculus, we're left with little else.
    if my order doesnt ship for a month, and there is no word what so ever not only will I cancel my order, I will never purchase a product that has to do with Oculus again and ensure that I speak of how bad their customer service is to every one I can.

Yes this is a product I want, but it is not something I need, and will not pay a company to treat me like crap.  Combine that with things like the Vive, and OSVR and I don't HAVE to deal with Oculus for VR.  I chose to because I like their product, but their service leaves a lot to be desired. 
  • Lemming1970Lemming1970 Posts: 681
    Neo
    I'm a 24XXXXXXX, not heard anything. Chill people, we have waited YEARS for this, a few days won't kill us.
    Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series
    i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler.
    Zotac 1080Ti
    16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz
    Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz
  • CBG_RussCBG_Russ Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    I'm a 26XXXXX in the UK and managed to get my order in within 4 minutes. I HAVE received the 1 - 3 week email but nothing since. I am fine with waiting a week or so but its the not knowing that is getting to me.
  • Meredith2uMeredith2u Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    edited March 2016
    27 here and Nothing, still waiting, I'm sad.
  • thhrashthhrash Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    edited March 2016
    So I set up myUPS and checked this morning and I had an email about shipping.  Seems a 12.4 pound package left IL for a Thursday delivery weighing 12.4 pounds.  Since I have no other items I have ordered this must be it!  Pre-order 27'r from 6 minutes after in Oregon.

I did get the 1 - 3 week delivery email.
    Wintermute
    edited March 2016
    thhrash said:
    So I set up myUPS and checked this morning and I had an email about shipping.  Seems a 12.4 pound package left IL for a Thursday delivery weighing 12.4 pounds.  Since I have no other items I have ordered this must be it!  Pre-order 27'r from 6 minutes after in Oregon.

You could well be right. According to Reddit, the package weighs 'around' 15lbs, so 12.4 could be close enough :)

Fingers crossed for you! (I"m assuming you're a kickstarter?)
  • CBG_RussCBG_Russ Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    thhrash said:

Have you been charged yet?
    NerveGear
    No charge yet which is strange.  But I have not ordered anything.  Hope it is not a false alarm!
    Wintermute
    AHeckman said:
    if my order doesnt ship for a month, and there is no word what so ever not only will I cancel my order, I will never purchase a product that has to do with Oculus again and ensure that I speak of how bad their customer service is to every one I can.

Yes this is a product I want, but it is not something I need, and will not pay a company to treat me like crap.  Combine that with things like the Vive, and OSVR and I don't HAVE to deal with Oculus for VR.  I chose to because I like their product, but their service leaves a lot to be desired. 
    I think this is going to be a big problem for Oculus. It's not just on here that people are getting more and more annoyed, it's on Reddit too (and other places as well, I believe, although I only check here and Reddit).

The more people who get pissed off, the more who are going to cancel. And, fanboys aside, of those who don't cancel, how many are going to buy from Oculus again?
    Wintermute
    thhrash said:
    No charge yet which is strange.  But I have not ordered anything.  Hope it is not a false alarm!
    You're not a kickstarter then? That's bloody encouraging! This is probably a stupid question, but have you checked your order page/bank account since you received the UPS notification?
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    Really this silence start to piss me off too, Ive been very patience but this is a joke right?
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
    NerveGear
    notsram said:
    thhrash said:
    You're not a kickstarter then? That's bloody encouraging! This is probably a stupid question, but have you checked your order page/bank account since you received the UPS notification?
    Yes, it has not changed, but I was mistaken and this isn't the rift.  False alarm.
    Wintermute
    thhrash said:
    notsram said:
    thhrash said:
    Yes, it has not changed, but I was mistaken and this isn't the rift.  False alarm.
    Damn. Oh well, at least you cleared it up quickly :)

• PowerboyPowerboy Posts: 95
    Hiro Protagonist
    Only 26 number got email or im wrong?
  • ColdRemSColdRemS Posts: 24
    NerveGear
    Nope, 26 and no 1-3 weeks email.
  • Please can anyone confirm where the Oculus distribution center is located? I live in the UK and would love to know if it is being posted from a European distribution center or from the USA? 

I only ask as the 1-3 week email which was received states it is from the Oculus Team Ireland....

If they come direct from the USA this will be a further 1 or 2 week delay during transit.

Thanks in advance.
    Wintermute
    Please can anyone confirm where the Oculus distribution center is located? I live in the UK and would love to know if it is being posted from a European distribution center or from the USA? 

I only ask as the 1-3 week email which was received states it is from the Oculus Team Ireland....

If they come direct from the USA this will be a further 1 or 2 week delay during transit.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure. I'm in the UK too, and initially thought it was coming from Ireland, but apparently, the Ireland address is only for tax purposes and they're not shipping from there.

A few people on reddit have said that the UK Rifts are already in the UK and are shipping from there (presumably on next day delivery), but I've not seen any actual confirmation of this.
  • infamouzinfamouz Posts: 133
    Art3mis
    edited March 2016

i seriously hope they ship today, that way we can recenter our f5 soldiers to ups/fex instead

and hide in bush waiting for the ups/fedex dudes

starting to regret this purchase as time goes, i guess thats buyer remorse though...