cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status Updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
241 REPLIES 241

Powerboy
Protege

VizionVR said:

Tensions are really high around here. The building isn't on fire, there's no need to pull the alarm.
Orders will start to be billed today and many will have Rifts for the weekend. Q1 2016 ends tomorrow midnight. Relax.

Its alarm a lot of ppl like me had wait few hours in front of pc to countdown finish for order. Then server was crap and we cant order in good time. We really gain to know what is our situation ps. Want add we had wait 4 months and now nothing.. This is really sad

TheRedComet
Protege
At least you got your 1-3 week email. Seems like they will be sending out the rifts in 3 week batches, that sucks. They completely lied to a huge chunk of people about shipping the rift in March. 

RedNax
Protege
The natives are getting restless....

Ruszek83
Protege
How does the 3 week mail look like? Can anyone post JPEG ? I Got couple of emails, but i am not sure of it is it (Denmark)

RedNax
Protege

Hi RedNax,

Your
Rift is almost ready to ship, and your order will be processed in the
next 1-3 weeks. For some customers, your actual ship date may differ
from the estimate you saw when ordering.

Your payment will be processed when your order ships so we want to make sure we have your details right. Please check your order and review the following:

• Do we have your correct billing and shipping information?
  • Is your payment information accurate?
  • Is your PC ready to power Rift? You can use our compatibility tool to check, or learn more about our Oculus Ready program.
  • Do you have an open HDMI port on your graphics card for Rift? You might need an adapter if the port is already in use for your monitor or TV.

Thanks for being part of the future of VR. We can't wait for you to see what's next.

See you in Rift,

The Oculus Team

Oculus VR Ireland Limited

MVIVID
Protege
Btw, those of you who are waiting like me who pre-ordered. A small tip of advice to help you pass the time. Go to oculus.com/setup and start the entire download procedure! I was a bit worried when I started that I might not be able to run the setup without the device, but you totally can. You have to do a bunch of setup like installing the software first, then creating an account, linking a credit card, getting the Oculus Store installed, and once you do that, you can start to install the games and apps you want right away. You won't be able to play them without the device but you can setup everything else so once it does come in, your all set to go. FYI—once you get to the screen where you setup the device, and calibrate and that sort of thing, you can just SKIP it, complete everything else, and then do the setup once you have the Rift. One thing to note, DO NOT BUY Eve: Valkyrie, it shows as $59.99, but once your Rift ships you'll get a redeem code to download it for free, other games/apps like Lucky's Tale is already marked purchase and you can download / install it right away! I hope this gives some of you something to work on in the meantime! 

Powerboy
Protege

RedNax said:

Hi RedNax,

Your
Rift is almost ready to ship, and your order will be processed in the
next 1-3 weeks. For some customers, your actual ship date may differ
from the estimate you saw when ordering.

Your payment will be processed when your order ships so we want to make sure we have your details right. Please check your order and review the following:

• Do we have your correct billing and shipping information?
  • Is your payment information accurate?
  • Is your PC ready to power Rift? You can use our compatibility tool to check, or learn more about our Oculus Ready program.
  • Do you have an open HDMI port on your graphics card for Rift? You might need an adapter if the port is already in use for your monitor or TV.

Thanks for being part of the future of VR. We can't wait for you to see what's next.

See you in Rift,

The Oculus Team

Oculus VR Ireland Limited

What number u had?? Where u came from ?

RedNax
Protege
I'm in the 26 range and from the Netherlands

mrcthulhu82
Explorer
Got mine 5 days ago! Here ya go! 🙂

mrcthulhu82
Explorer