New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Order Status Updates?

Comments

• notsram said:
    Please can anyone confirm where the Oculus distribution center is located? I live in the UK and would love to know if it is being posted from a European distribution center or from the USA? 

I only ask as the 1-3 week email which was received states it is from the Oculus Team Ireland....

If they come direct from the USA this will be a further 1 or 2 week delay during transit.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure. I'm in the UK too, and initially thought it was coming from Ireland, but apparently, the Ireland address is only for tax purposes and they're not shipping from there.

A few people on reddit have said that the UK Rifts are already in the UK and are shipping from there (presumably on next day delivery), but I've not seen any actual confirmation of this.
    Thanks notsram, that would be excellent if thats the case. fingers crossed....
  • notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    infamouz said:

i seriously hope they ship today, that way we can recenter our f5 soldiers to ups/fex instead

and hide in bush waiting for the ups/fedex dudes

starting to regret this purchase as time goes, i guess thats buyer remorse though...

Knowing my luck, the UK ones will come via Yodel (notoriously bad shipping company). I won't get any notification and I'll find my Rift thrown into the back garden, box torn open and soaked through with rain water three days after it should have been delivered.
  • fullmeltfullmelt Posts: 276
    Art3mis
    edited March 2016
    Even if mine was shipped they could not get it to me do to 6+ inch of snow going into my property, need to get in the tractor and start snow blowing today. 
    ASUS MAXIMUS VII FORMULA / I7 4790K 4.7 GHz OC / NZXT Kraken X61 280mm / 16 gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 Mhz / Evga GTX 980 SC OC, GPU Clock +124 MHz, MEM Clock +175 MHz / ADATA 256 gb SSD, CORSAIR 120 gb SSD, 2 TB HHD / win 10.
  • VizionVRVizionVR Posts: 3,022
    Wintermute
    Tensions are really high around here. The building isn't on fire, there's no need to pull the alarm.
    Orders will start to be billed today and many will have Rifts for the weekend. Q1 2016 ends tomorrow midnight. Relax.

Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.
  • mrcthulhu82mrcthulhu82 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    UK Order Number 26 Had the 1-3 Week mail, Not worried at all, Whats a few more days or a week after 4 years of waiting! :) I have faith that with a bit of luck some or all pre-orders will begin shipping today
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,817 Valuable Player
    notsram said:
    infamouz said:

i seriously hope they ship today, that way we can recenter our f5 soldiers to ups/fex instead

and hide in bush waiting for the ups/fedex dudes

starting to regret this purchase as time goes, i guess thats buyer remorse though...

Knowing my luck, the UK ones will come via Yodel (notoriously bad shipping company). I won't get any notification and I'll find my Rift thrown into the back garden, box torn open and soaked through with rain water three days after it should have been delivered.
    And remember to look inside before you throw your food waste in the green bin - another favourite place to dump parcels   ;)
  • SarlinSarlin Posts: 182
    Art3mis
    So what time do the delivery trucks leave the distribution centers in the UK? I know in the US of its not on the Truck at 6am it's not going out... I wonder if on April first they will still give the response that the estimated ship date from pre-order is still the best they have...

Lol. I'm going even more deaf from this silence.

Happy March 30th.
  • MVIVIDMVIVID Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Focux said:
    MVIVID said:
    Here's my status just to add to the mix.. I'm also part of the initial 613000025XXXXX group, order was processed and completed 7 min after pre-orders began. Since my Jan 6th pre-order confirmation email, I've received an email on March 24th with a subject title of "Your Rift is Shipping Soon!" saying basically, Hi XYZ, your Rift is almost ready to ship, your order will be processed in the next 1-3 weeks, .."for some customers actual ship date may differ from the estimate you saw when ordering".. (direct quote) with a checklist of "make sure's". Things like check to make sure you have the correct billing info, payment info, that your PC is Rift ready, HDMI port ready, etc.. After that March 24th email I haven't heard anything since. No emails about transactions or tracking numbers. Nothing. I'm hopeful, which I know is pointless, but if it says they're starting mid-week this week, which in my mind means Wednesday, like tomorrow Wednesday.. then we should start seeing progress tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. I hope everyone who's been reading this thread, especially those at the front of the line, would come back here the minute they get any sort of updates. Please and thanks!
    Yeah, but they left it very open to failure. They said probably Wednesday which could mean as late as Friday. And who knows what could happen between now and then.
    Your absolutely right. I'm not holding my breath—more crossing my fingers.
    Brain Burst
    Focux said:
    I really hope there's some communication today... I'm worn out from the suspense honestly.
    That's exactly where I'm at right now. I read peoples frustrations with just not knowing. And people are only frustrated because they're going off of what they were told. That's where all the hostility is coming from. OCULUS told us when to expect it, and when the date comes and goes, with no new updates, you start to wonder and get anxious, and that's what makes this so frustrating. If they came out today and said, .."pre-order shipments are 100% being shipped Monday morning of next week", everyone would relax and wait patiently. People would still be upset I'm sure, but most would carry on with their day, and be able to enjoy their weekend. A lot of people even took time off from work, and made special arrangements, so I understand why it's frustrating. It's disappointing when you invest $600+ plus you invest another $1,500+ in a PC, and a simple thing that costs NOTHING for them—an email status update of wtf is going on, is just too much apparently.
  • PowerboyPowerboy Posts: 95
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2016
    VizionVR said:
    Tensions are really high around here. The building isn't on fire, there's no need to pull the alarm.
    Orders will start to be billed today and many will have Rifts for the weekend. Q1 2016 ends tomorrow midnight. Relax.

Its alarm a lot of ppl like me had wait few hours in front of pc to countdown finish for order. Then server was crap and we cant order in good time. We really gain to know what is our situation ps. Want add we had wait 4 months and now nothing.. This is really sad
  • At least you got your 1-3 week email. Seems like they will be sending out the rifts in 3 week batches, that sucks. They completely lied to a huge chunk of people about shipping the rift in March. 
  • RedNaxRedNax Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    The natives are getting restless....
  • Ruszek83Ruszek83 Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    How does the 3 week mail look like? Can anyone post JPEG ? I Got couple of emails, but i am not sure of it is it (Denmark)
    Hiro Protagonist

Hi RedNax,

Your Rift is almost ready to ship, and your order will be processed in the next 1-3 weeks. For some customers, your actual ship date may differ from the estimate you saw when ordering.

Your payment will be processed when your order ships so we want to make sure we have your details right. Please check your order and review the following:

• Do we have your correct billing and shipping information?
    • Is your payment information accurate?
    • Is your PC ready to power Rift? You can use our compatibility tool to check, or learn more about our Oculus Ready program.
    • Do you have an open HDMI port on your graphics card for Rift? You might need an adapter if the port is already in use for your monitor or TV.

Thanks for being part of the future of VR. We can't wait for you to see what's next.

See you in Rift,

The Oculus Team

Oculus VR Ireland Limited

Brain Burst
    Btw, those of you who are waiting like me who pre-ordered. A small tip of advice to help you pass the time. Go to oculus.com/setup and start the entire download procedure! I was a bit worried when I started that I might not be able to run the setup without the device, but you totally can. You have to do a bunch of setup like installing the software first, then creating an account, linking a credit card, getting the Oculus Store installed, and once you do that, you can start to install the games and apps you want right away. You won't be able to play them without the device but you can setup everything else so once it does come in, your all set to go. FYI—once you get to the screen where you setup the device, and calibrate and that sort of thing, you can just SKIP it, complete everything else, and then do the setup once you have the Rift. One thing to note, DO NOT BUY Eve: Valkyrie, it shows as $59.99, but once your Rift ships you'll get a redeem code to download it for free, other games/apps like Lucky's Tale is already marked purchase and you can download / install it right away! I hope this gives some of you something to work on in the meantime! 
    Hiro Protagonist
    RedNax said:

Hi RedNax,

Your Rift is almost ready to ship, and your order will be processed in the next 1-3 weeks. For some customers, your actual ship date may differ from the estimate you saw when ordering.

Your payment will be processed when your order ships so we want to make sure we have your details right. Please check your order and review the following:

• Do we have your correct billing and shipping information?
    • Is your payment information accurate?
    • Is your PC ready to power Rift? You can use our compatibility tool to check, or learn more about our Oculus Ready program.
    • Do you have an open HDMI port on your graphics card for Rift? You might need an adapter if the port is already in use for your monitor or TV.

Thanks for being part of the future of VR. We can't wait for you to see what's next.

See you in Rift,

The Oculus Team

Oculus VR Ireland Limited

What number u had?? Where u came from ?
    Hiro Protagonist
    I'm in the 26 range and from the Netherlands
    NerveGear
    Got mine 5 days ago! Here ya go! :)
    NerveGear

• RTZRRTZR Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    Best thing to do is to stay calm and be happy when your rift is arriving.

I have waited all my life so far to meet my wife... ;D
    Hiro Protagonist
    RedNax said:
    I'm in the 26 range and from the Netherlands
    It seems only 26 number got this fuking mail...
  • notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    VizionVR said:

Maybe start to be billed today...
    Brain Burst
    RTZR said:
    Best thing to do is to stay calm and be happy when your rift is arriving.

I have waited all my life so far to meet my wife... ;D
    Hahah, what a creepy statement, sorry. But your right, what's a couple more days. 
    NerveGear
    im 26 aswell!
  • Ruszek83Ruszek83 Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    I was #16 i Got same mail 5 days ago...
  • TinindilTinindil Posts: 74
    Hiro Protagonist
    I think a large part of who got mails and who didn't is based on if you used a guest account or had one already.

I have seen people with higher numbers get their emails than lower people who used guest account to check out.

not 100% but this may explain it.
  • henleybhenleyb Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    I ordered on a guest account so it's not linked to my DK2 one, oops. Panic ordering! :)
    Brain Burst
    Tinindil said:
    I think a large part of who got mails and who didn't is based on if you used a guest account or had one already.

I have seen people with higher numbers get their emails than lower people who used guest account to check out.

not 100% but this may explain it.
    Here's my stats:

Checkout: Guest
    1-3 Week Email arrived: March 24
    Pre-order confirmed: 7 minutes in
    Order #: 613000025XXXXX

We should all post our stats so we can compare, I know this won't get our Rifts faster, but might help people figure out where they stand.
  • BeckfordBeckford Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    I ordered on a guest account, number was 613000034XXXXX havent heard squat. From UK not really expecting to though as i did get an estimate of May
  • infamouzinfamouz Posts: 133
    Art3mis

im 26 too