cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status Updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
241 REPLIES 241

RTZR
Protege
Best thing to do is to stay calm and be happy when your rift is arriving.

I have waited all my life so far to meet my wife... ;D

Powerboy
Protege

RedNax said:

I'm in the 26 range and from the Netherlands

It seems only 26 number got this fuking mail...

Anonymous
Not applicable

VizionVR said:

Tensions are really high around here. The building isn't on fire, there's no need to pull the alarm.
Orders will start to be billed today and many will have Rifts for the weekend. Q1 2016 ends tomorrow midnight. Relax.

Maybe start to be billed today...

MVIVID
Protege

RTZR said:

Best thing to do is to stay calm and be happy when your rift is arriving.

I have waited all my life so far to meet my wife... ;D

Hahah, what a creepy statement, sorry. But your right, what's a couple more days. 

mrcthulhu82
Explorer
im 26 aswell!

Ruszek83
Protege
I was #16 i Got same mail 5 days ago...

Tinindil
Expert Protege
I think a large part of who got mails and who didn't is based on if you used a guest account or had one already.

I have seen people with higher numbers get their emails than lower people who used guest account to check out.

not 100% but this may explain it.

henleyb
Protege
I ordered on a guest account so it's not linked to my DK2 one, oops. Panic ordering! 🙂

MVIVID
Protege

Tinindil said:

I think a large part of who got mails and who didn't is based on if you used a guest account or had one already.

I have seen people with higher numbers get their emails than lower people who used guest account to check out.

not 100% but this may explain it.

Here's my stats:

Checkout: Guest
1-3 Week Email arrived: March 24
Pre-order confirmed: 7 minutes in
Order #: 613000025XXXXX

We should all post our stats so we can compare, I know this won't get our Rifts faster, but might help people figure out where they stand.

Beckford
Explorer
I ordered on a guest account, number was 613000034XXXXX havent heard squat. From UK not really expecting to though as i did get an estimate of May