cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home (SDK 1.3) and DK1

zoost
Explorer
I would like to receive some help and/or pointers from fellow DK1 owners as to how to get a DK1 to work with the new Oculus Home (SDK 1.3). I came as far as the Oculus Home application recognizing my DK1 as a HMD and recognizing my PS3 controller as a valid controller, but it is not allowing me to play because it want to detect a tracking sensor as well. Installing the apps also all wend fine.

Does anybody have got the DK1 to work with the new Oculus Home?
Is there a way to tell the Oculus Home to ignore the fact that there is no tracking device?

Please do not clutter this thread with remarks about buying the CV1 and/or DK2. I understand that that will be the better solution.
69 REPLIES 69

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am developing several things on the side. While I have a DK2 for primary development, I was still using DK1 for testing another computer with a different configuration and also to be sure my application isn't render-framerate-dependent (60hz vs 75hz vs 90hz, etc.). This lack of DK1 support in 1.3 is making me change my development work style a bit, although I can get by without it. I got screwed on the CV1 preorder day (took over an hour to get my order in due to website payment issues), so I'm down to 1 development computer for now. It seems like it would not have been that difficult to continue legacy DK1 support. I hope they fix it, otherwise the DK1 is truly a paperweight, and that seems a shame to me.

PathlessNomad
Explorer
Another DK1 owner with a May preorder. It would be great if we could get it working. I'd love to try elite with then new runtime.

Mindweaver
Explorer
Has anyone figured this out or have an update?

Boondawgle
Explorer
I have a DK2 so I can't try this but I am curious. Has someone with DK1 and 2 tried to get the DK1 to work with the DK2 camera plugged in? While I would not expect the camera to track anything, it might let you continue enough to get sick (I joke but its is when I do things incorrectly in VR that I get sick..). Also, while I am thrilled that I can look around with my DK2 in the store and felt good enough about it to buy pinball as I wait for CV1, I don't expect DK2 functionality to last long. Its is clearly not supported now (which does not mean it won't work) and that is what we have. I hope it continues to work a while but I don't expect it. Once it no longer functions in the store, I still won't have lost any support that I already do not have. Get and save the software to make it work now while it is easy. You can always install that somewhere and even make some simple games for it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I tried getting DK1 to work with DK2 camera plugged in. No go. DK1 screen still won't turn on even though software shows it is connected. I'm about to attempt a Unity build of one of my apps using new 1.3 SDK and see if I can run on DK1, but I'm not holding much hope.

Pierre_FR
Protege
And that's not all, Unity 5.4.0b9 (64-bit) crash with 1.3 runtime and DK1 connected.

Mindweaver
Explorer
So, I tried downloading and lucky's tale and before installing it. I went to the directory and found the download folder and started the exe and it actually starts.. Where the installed stuff just hangs.. But.. and their is always a but.. lol it's at a screen that says something about it needs to pass owner ship test. The hmd never turned on, but moving the hmd around moved the camera... So, tracking is working.

rdb
Honored Guest
Same problem here.  Whereas the 0.8 Runtime worked fine with the DK1, the 1.3 runtime refuses to turn on the Rift display.

It would be really great to have a solution for this as my CV1 won't arrive for another few months, and I would really like to be able to develop against the 1.3 software without buying a DK2 from a third party.

Mindweaver
Explorer
Anyone try anything new or heard anything? I guess with shipments delayed this is their last worry... Hell my shipments not until June..

Razorback
Honored Guest
I'm in the same boat. I hope they don't completely forget us DK1 users. It will be a while before I can afford a CV1. 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?