cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status Updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
241 REPLIES 241

Powerboy
Protege
Look where are our cv1....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oculus-Rift-CV1-Same-Day-Free-Overnight-Shipping-/252336735050?hash=item3ac0...

There are a lot on ebay from kickStarter... No comment...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rather than thinking what's a few more weeks, I'm staying to think what's a couple more dollars.

TheRealDaneC
Explorer

Lemming1970
Rising Star
Checkout: On My Account
1-3 Week Email arrived: Not yet
Pre-order confirmed: not a clue
Order #: 613000024XXXXX

estimated April after several attempts. 

Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

MVIVID
Protege

Checkout: On My Account
1-3 Week Email arrived: Not yet
Pre-order confirmed: not a clue
Order #: 613000024XXXXX

estimated April after several attempts. 

Just so you know, we're getting the "Pre-order confirmed" times from the time we placed the pre-order. Once you pre-ordered, you got an email from Oculus saying basically.. "Thanks for your Order, here's your details, etc.." We're looking at the time-stamp of that email. Mine was emailed to me at 11:07 (EST), so 7 min in, or 7 min after Oculus began taking pre-orders. Find that email, and check the exact time you received it. That's your Pre-order confirmation time. It's the most accurate estimate we have.

Maxxgold
Rising Star
Checkout; Guest Account
1-3 Week Email Arrived: Yes!  March 24 2016
Pre-order confirmed: A few minutes at most.
Order #: 6130000252XXXX

My initial ship date was March 28th. I'm expecting it to be shipped this week or early next week, hopefully.

TheRealDaneC
Explorer

comixcroz
Expert Protege

MVIVID said:

It's the most accurate estimate we have.

There is a Unix timestamp that can be retrieved from the order history page via developer tools on Chrome (and other browsers presumably), this could well be the time that Oculus use to determine your place in the queue as it appears alongside other important info about the order.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3zrnjm/get_extra_info_on_your_order/

Useful for me as I never received an confirmation email until they were resent out.

I did this and my email time stamp came in about an hour earlier than the time I got from the Unix timestamp.  Not sure if that means anything, I just found it strange.  

Anonymous
Not applicable
mvivid is correct, oculus support confirmed this with me also

MVIVID
Protege

MVIVID said:

It's the most accurate estimate we have.

There is a Unix timestamp that can be retrieved from the order history page via developer tools on Chrome (and other browsers presumably), this could well be the time that Oculus use to determine your place in the queue as it appears alongside other important info about the order.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3zrnjm/get_extra_info_on_your_order/

Useful for me as I never received an confirmation email until they were resent out.

That's really cool, thanks for sharing! I found out that my actual pre-order time was 6 min in, and not 7. Nice find.