cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status Updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
241 REPLIES 241

Dakana
Protege
Checkout : Guest Account
1-3 email arrived : Not yet 
Pre Order confirmed : within the first hour
order #: 6130000329XXXXX

I SWEAR my estimate said march. I was really looking forward to having it so that I'd have something to cheer me up after my hospital appointment today 😞

MVIVID
Protege

SethG911 said:

My Stats

Checkout: On My Account
1-3 Week Email arrived: Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 8:54 PM
Pre-order confirmed: 20-30 seconds after store went up.
Order #: 613000023xxxxx

Still no additional info on shipping other than the 1-3 week email.

So this is sort of interesting. 20-30 seconds you got confirmation, so it's safe to assume your certainly among the first that will (or at least should) get theirs shipped out. Your Order # is 23, min is 25, I ordered within the first 6 min, but I too got my 1-3 week email on March 24 at exactly 9:00 PM (EST). I have a feeling that the very first pre-order until at least the "6 minute" in pre-orders will ship out together. I'd like to see if anyone else past 6 min also got their 1-3 week emails on March 24. We could probably estimate where the cut-off is for all "First Batch" shipments (measured by the amount of min it took for you to get your pre-order in). 

TheRealDaneC
Explorer

Nacho_Odinson
Explorer
I think that, since the non-US kickstarters have not received any information yet, is logical to asume that your country is more relevant than the number of your order. 

mrcthulhu82
Explorer
Im in tgeMVIVID said:

SethG911 said:

My Stats

1-3 Week Email arrived: Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 8:54 PM
Pre-order confirmed: 20-30 seconds after store went up.

Still no additional info on shipping other than the 1-3 week email.

So this is sort of interesting. 20-30 seconds you got confirmation, so it's safe to assume your certainly among the first that will (or at least should) get theirs shipped out. Your Order # is 23, min is 25, I ordered within the first 6 min, but I too got my 1-3 week email on March 24 at exactly 9:00 PM (EST). I have a feeling that the very first pre-order until at least the "6 minute" in pre-orders will ship out together. I'd like to see if anyone else past 6 min also got their 1-3 week emails on March 24. We could probably estimate where the cut-off is for all "First Batch" shipments (measured by the amount of min it took for you to get your pre-order in). 

Uk. Order Number 26, 16min once pre-orders opened. 1-3 week email received on the 24th March.

Zeeloo
Honored Guest
I'm a 6130000023XXXXX.  Got e-mail last week, nothing since.  I do not understand why Oculus chooses to stay quiet, especially knowing the frustration surrounding this launch.  I do not mind waiting, but the lack of communication, as well as the constant overpromise/underdeliver rhetoric thus far has made me question whether I should wait for the HTC/Steam unit.  If I don't hear by the end of the week, I will probably jump ship.

Lemming1970
Rising Star

MVIVID said:

1-3 Week Email arrived: Not yet
Pre-order confirmed: not a clue
Order #: 613000024XXXXX

estimated April after several attempts. 

Just so you know, we're getting the "Pre-order confirmed" times from the time we placed the pre-order. Once you pre-ordered, you got an email from Oculus saying basically.. "Thanks for your Order, here's your details, etc.." We're looking at the time-stamp of that email. Mine was emailed to me at 11:07 (EST), so 7 min in, or 7 min after Oculus began taking pre-orders. Find that email, and check the exact time you received it. That's your Pre-order confirmation time. It's the most accurate estimate we have.

I was one of those that didn't originally get the confirmation e-mail. But got the "Some customers didn't receive their original pre-order confirmations so we are resending them." E-mail. So time stamp means nothing.

It felt like for ever hammering the F5 key, but was probably only a few minutes in, much like yahknow1 above. 
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

Anonymous
Not applicable
today is the day people, lets hope they ship out finally

mrcthulhu82
Explorer
I have a good feeling its gonna be today!..Gulp!

Anonymous
Not applicable
1-3 Week Email arrived: Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 5:55 PM PST
Pre-order confirmed: 9:06 AM PST